HOCKEY JERSEY SALE!

charger77

Picked up a burgundy Avs jersey and a white Thrashers one. I'm kind of glad they're already out of several styles and sizes, or I would be rather broke right now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all us Canucks who are out of luck on this sale ... I saw a Sport Chek flyer this morning, and they're selling what they have of the old-style white and alternate jerseys for $69.99 ($40 off regular).

So there's room in a Medium? That's good to know; I ordered that size as well. I'm not looking forward to swimming in it, but I'm certainly glad I didn't go with a large. I got a FedEx tracking number and I hope the jersey comes soon. Depending on results, I may well order another. How long does this sale go?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Excellent. Got my Leafs jersey today, and the Medium was a good choice. A little short on the sleeves, but otherwise good.

I'm deciding between Islanders white, Predators white, or Bruins black for a second one. Thanks again for the heads up, charger77.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not that I'm complaining about a $30 jersey, but I am a little disappointed in the quality of my white Ranger jersey, the material is very light and the stripes are dyed into the material, I was expecting something more along the lines of my blue liberty alt replica from Starter from when they first came out, heavier jersey, and stiched sleeve stripes, like I said not complaining but for a jersey that was orginally going for about $80+ just seems like kind of a ripoff and yea mines a medium it runs huge compared to my others

rob66.png

I will also say that the Avs replica I got was made of much lighter material than what I'd expect. The tagging suggests it's from the '06-'07 season, and I also noticed that despite being a dark jersey, it was tagged as CCM, not Koho. The Thrashers jersey I got, however, is much heavier by comparison - the weight I expect from a replica jersey. But that jersey's also from some really, really old stock - the CCM tagging on the back is on the bottom right in that unusual sewn-on style, and the production date sticker on the inside tagging says 06/04/99.

I guess that just means quality got cheaper over the years as the price went up. Of course, that's a proud tradition which is being kicked up a notch this season.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Can anyone describe the quality of CCM Wild replica jerseys, especially the red third? Are the stripes dyed or sewn-on?

Also, I see some Wild jersey crest patches on ebay that look good but that don't look particularly like I'd expect legitimate products to look. No packaging, mention of manufacturer, and so forth. Is there a source for legit NHL jersey crest patches?

20082614447.png

Check where the jerseys were made. Prior to the 06/07 NHL season, all the replicas were made in Canada at the CCM Plant in St-Hyacinthe, Quebec, and were made with a much better, tougher material. The logos were better quality, and the jerseys actually felt decent.

Since 06/07, the jerseys have been made in the orient, with some coming from Indonesia, and some coming from Korea. The Canadian-made ones have a big Canadian flag on the tag, while the Oriental ones are simply black & white tags.

It's pretty funny, for my rec league team, we ordered our jerseys from CCM, and our goalie cut jerseys were made in Canada, our XXL jerseys were made in Korea and our XL and L jerseys were made in Indonesia. But there really is a difference in the quality of the jerseys.

Hey folks!

I've been reading the posts about the sales of jerseys, etc.

I noticed someone mentioned our web site above....I'm the owner of www.teamdepot.com so i can give you some info.

The jerseys used to be all made in Canada. Starting in 2006 (and maybe even 2005) they started soucing them from different countries. The first few did have some issues with sizing, shouldn't have been enough to make a large difference.

One reason they started soucing outside of canada was because of shortages. If you recall, after the strike, it was impossible to get jerseys. We had orders with CCM/Koho (its all one company!) which litterally didnt deliver for 4 months. Due to the strike, CCM didn't think there would be a huge demand for jerseys....well it turned out that there was the opposite effect. I believe the league broke attendance records the following year.

So....that brings us to this year. The league decided to have all teams have new jerseys...some kept to their basic colors, but the fitting of the jerseys is all changed and same for all teams. The uniforms wlll not change for 5 years per agreement with NHL. In addition, there won't be any "3rd" jerseys. The current dark jersey will continue to be made for this year while the current 3rd and White jerseys are no longer made. We have the 3rds and Whites on sale because we want to clear them out....but they have been selling like hot cakes....people want them before there aren't any left. We will probably get some more of the "old" dark jerseys, but we will be raising the price back to the normal $69 in the near future.

Hopefully that helps clear some of this up for you.

Please keep us in mind if you do want to buy a jersey.

www.teamdepot.com

Not that I'm complaining about a $30 jersey, but I am a little disappointed in the quality of my white Ranger jersey, the material is very light and the stripes are dyed into the material, I was expecting something more along the lines of my blue liberty alt replica from Starter from when they first came out, heavier jersey, and stiched sleeve stripes, like I said not complaining but for a jersey that was orginally going for about $80+ just seems like kind of a ripoff and yea mines a medium it runs huge compared to my others

I would never buy a Starter jersey. I always thought they were too heavy, and they always messed with the crest. The outline on the Red Wings logo was THICK.

I just looked through my collection - most of them are CCM. I have a couple by Koho, I have two by Pro Player (one was a gift, one I bought on ebay for $30 like 5 years ago) and I have one Starter, an old eggplant Anaheim jersey that I got as a gift.

SIG.png

Archived