2008 MLB Premier Jackets

Royals Insider

Starstruck added the Cubs that I linked to elsewhere before:

P0121607.jpg

Still no Royals. The stripes on these remind me of Reebok edge... team like the Panthers that don't have the sleeve stripes go all the way around.

I think the splitting zipper makes another good case for the older satin Starter jackets with snaps. The wordmarks can be placed the same on jerseys and jackets with no changes made.

I still am a fan of the jacket style that ended in 2001, and am thrilled that I got it for less than half price when this current era of high-collared jackets came in. Those had no collar, snaps, and the only difference from the satin (besides no satin -- it was more of a rain gear material) was stripes on the shoulders.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BaseballExpress.com has the "official" promotional pic from Majestic for all the team jackets, like they had last year with the new BP jerseys:

New MLB Jackets

The Royals are on there. No black to speak of.

FYI, they also sell the blank version of the jacket.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

BaseballExpress.com has the "official" promotional pic from Majestic for all the team jackets, like they had last year with the new BP jerseys:

New MLB Jackets

The Royals are on there. No black to speak of.

FYI, they also sell the blank version of the jacket.

Well, all teams except the Rays.

And has anyone actually seen or touched these jackets in person? They look like thick fleece on TV, and I'm curious if they are just as bulky as the the current jackets.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

And has anyone actually seen or touched these jackets in person? They look like thick fleece on TV, and I'm curious if they are just as bulky as the the current jackets.

Yes, on the "see" part. Couldn't touch, they were hung up high at the store. It appeared to be the same or similar material as the other recent jackets.

Yes, on the "see" part. Couldn't touch, they were hung up high at the store. It appeared to be the same or similar material as the other recent jackets.

Please see my post in the beginning of the thread. I've actually touched the new jackets and they have more of a fleece-like feel then the old ones.

The D'backs' one is also out as I saw it in the team shop at Chase Field last night.
The jacket I saw in Arizona felt like a fleece like material.

I take it the second post is what he's referring to. Not much more there than what he said above, but I took the time to hunt it down, so I figured I'd save others the trouble... here they are.

I saw the Mets and Yankees ones at Modell's the other day. One thing I noticed is that the graphic is similar to the new BP jerseys, i.e. heat pressed or whatever. To me it made them look like some cheap replica rather than a jacket major leaguers would wear on the field. Anyone else notice this?

mets.png

Archived