Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

Starting a new page with a BUMP. Also, I'm pretty swamped with school for now (ex., I have a ten-page paper on employee training due Thursday, along with accounting homework and an ECON test. Yeesh!) so I dunno who I'll do next. I'm thinking Big 10 or Pac10 next.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ohio Bobcats concept is great looking. I love the vests are very sharp looking with the green undershirt. I also like the bobcat paw hat the most although the interlocking OU is nice too. I am looking foreward to the next set. BTW good luck on the paper. I can't wait to see the UC Bearcats.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

SPRING BREAK!!! WHOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!

Okay, I'm back to normal. Even better news for you guys is that with spring break comes new concepts! *kermit the frog happy dance*

Concept #58: BYU Cougars

BrighamYoungCougars.png

This design is pretty minimalist. I wanted to take BYU all the way back to straight blue/white, as it should be. Honestly, this may be what it would look like if the Yankees and Red Sox had a love-child (pity the thought, of course). Actually, this is the first Inkscape set I've done with pinstripes.

Have at it, men (and lbr)!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I know you do not take requests but I would request SIU-Edwardsville, NC Central, Bryant, South Dakota and Seattle to be added to your list since they are new DI schools and "mother site" STILL :D hasn't added them.

Yay, first concept after spring break!!!

iowahawkeyes.png

I got a very modern design here. Not much explanation because I tired. *snore*

dude. one simple change.

Serpentine Letters = Serpentine Numbers

The Angels' numbers are too skinny to use.

GFB, I may go back and re-do the numbers soon. Not for sure, though.

Whoo! I finally got to one of the bigger baseball schools. Here's a hint... they're really modern, and a Nike staple. Ha, since I have already completed Oregon...

miamihurricanes.png

I couldn't decide whether I wanted more orange or green, so I compromised. Plus, you can't really have a Hurricanes concept without doing something pretty weird to them. For the primary home and away, I re-visited the x-piping I had tried in previous concepts such as Ball State. I think it works here.

Also, I struggled with whether I wanted two alternates (orange and green), but went with the normal formula for this project and went with just one, the orange one. As for the piping, it's similar to what Oregon State tried on their "sports bra" unis, but without the actual yoke, which would have looked pretty bad, I think.

Have at it, posters. Let's keep this project going! Also, I have a bit of trivia with this project (pay attention, NJTank, lol)... What is the significance behind (most) of the numbers I've used on the back?

Iowa: Pretty good, that hawkeye logo really works perfectly on the cap. I like that you went with a yellow alternate, I guess because it's black dominated on home and away, and the yellow is a nice change.

Miami: Interesting, to say the least, and I can see Nike doing something crazy like this, but I think the orange and green switching over on the front makes it too busy. It is a good idea though. And I like the pants striping. The overall almost equal split of green and orange reflects the actual U logo well. I just have problems with the front piping.

The Miami concept is the first in this series that I have truly disliked. the piping is just horrible, sorry. Other than Miami's preexisting logos and wordmarks, the only thing I like about it is the color you used for the road jerseys. I can see that you were going for something crazy and envelope-pushing, but I think you simply missed the mark. If you decide to revise this, I would make the jersey design less baseballish but still less wacky (think Japanese uniforms for the WBC, I guess).

I like the piping on the home and away jerseys for Miami, but I really don't like the piping on the alternate.

And is the grey supposed to look green, or is that just my monitor? Because if its supposed to look like that, I don't think it'd look very good on the field, it just muddies the whole uniform.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Just answering a few questions about the Miami (FL) set... First off, it was supposed to be road gray that was green-tinted. A bit too green? Maybe, maybe not. As for the piping, I'm beginning to think more and more that I should have gone all-orange at home and all-green on the road. Oh, well. ;)

The alternates, I just wanted to try something different with the "sports bra" look. Plus, the green/white piping styled like the home and aways may have been too much for my already hurting eyes (damn accounting tests :cursing: )

As for the next set, here comes more weird piping, lol. Introducing your former Memphis State Tigers!

memphisTigers.png

Yup, went with the old illegal unis from last year's free-throw clunkers, lol. Lot of new and different ideas I went with such as asymmetrical piping and pant striped that only go down one leg (the side with the side-jersey piping). Don't worry, it's just straight blue piping. Also, I couldn't find the actual script from this year's jerseys so I drew 'em myself. I'd appreciate extra critiquing on it if you don't mind since it's the first script I've actually drawn myself rather than just using the text tool.

Just answering a few questions about the Miami (FL) set... First off, it was supposed to be road gray that was green-tinted. A bit too green? Maybe, maybe not. As for the piping, I'm beginning to think more and more that I should have gone all-orange at home and all-green on the road. Oh, well. ;)

The alternates, I just wanted to try something different with the "sports bra" look. Plus, the green/white piping styled like the home and aways may have been too much for my already hurting eyes (damn accounting tests :cursing: )

As for the next set, here comes more weird piping, lol. Introducing your former Memphis State Tigers!

memphisTigers.png

Yup, went with the old illegal unis from last year's free-throw clunkers, lol. Lot of new and different ideas I went with such as asymmetrical piping and pant striped that only go down one leg (the side with the side-jersey piping). Don't worry, it's just straight blue piping. Also, I couldn't find the actual script from this year's jerseys so I drew 'em myself. I'd appreciate extra critiquing on it if you don't mind since it's the first script I've actually drawn myself rather than just using the text tool.

The Memphis unis look really nice. The asymmetrical piping works really well IMO. It's refreshing to see something different yet not over the top like this.

Stumpy, I may eventually post these on a site (maybe facebook or twitter), but for now they're all on the Photobucket album.

As for the next concept, I took a big leap of faith with this one. *nervously pushes the unveil button* I give you the...

LIBERTY FLAMES (CONCEPT #62)

libertyflames.png

Coupla different ideas here. First off, I used the primary "flaming eagle" logo as piping, a la old Seattle Seahawks. Secondly, I went with shoulder tapers with a twist. As you can see, they come to a point where the name-on-back usually would be. I just wanted a little twist.

The number font is borrowed from the Houston Texans. I thought it would fit with the script logo, which (I think) is just a mixture between Houston Texans and Arial.

Let me have it, guys. This one was fun and nerve-wracking at the same time. Geez, lol, I may need to do a couple traditional ones soon. *faints*

Archived