Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still churning these babies out. #64:

missouritigers.png

I borrowed the sleeve piping from the football uniforms. Weird shade of yellow, but old gold seemed to easy to pull off.

I think the Mizzou uniforms look cool. The striping pattern is an intriguing way of connecting the baseball and football team. The Ms on the hats seem a little big though. Good concept overall.

The Mizzou one is sharp, but make the home/road caps all black. If you're only gonna have 2 different caps, don't make them both pretty much the same, only changing the logos. Works for some, like the Twins, but Mizzou needs an all black cap. Leave the gold bill ones to the alt. And I personally love seeing Mizzou at least on a alt. BTW, the baseball team did use the basketball lettering for a few seasons before switching to the current Marlins-esque style. And though I prefer traditional piping on uniforms, since this is a college team and it's fairly simple, I do kinda like the football piping used here. Nice tie-in between the basketball and football uniform features to form the baseball look. I would just maybe clean up the piping around the area where the black and gold meet. Looks a little rough. But great work, nonetheless.

CONCEPT #65 (yes... 65. Wow :blink: )

troytrojans.png

Finally got to one that I know a certain person has been looking forward to. This is my first (hopefully more if this gets good reviews, so comment a lot ;) ) attempt at bringing SOD uniforms to baseball. Looks simple enough from the front, but the back is piping-crazy.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

CONCEPT # 66: VILLANOVA

villanovawildcats.png

I was a bit inspired by the Final Four team, especially with the half-navy/half-powder combo on their unis. Yes, I actually did a powder-blue road. Actually, after 66 concepts, this is the first to use powder blue roads. Really like this one.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

villanovawildcats.png

I was a bit inspired by the Final Four team, especially with the half-navy/half-powder combo on their unis. Yes, I actually did a powder-blue road. Actually, after 66 concepts, this is the first to use powder blue roads. Really like this one.

This is one of my favorites so far. I love Villanova's basketball uniforms, and these would be perfect to use as their baseball counterpart.

The only problem I see is the powder blue road uniform. I might switch the road uniform to navy and the alternate uniform to powder, considering navy is their primary color and should probably be worn more often than a jersey of their secondary color.

I give you the 14th set:

FORDHAM RAMS!!!

fordhamrams.gif

Here we have one of the first obscure schools unveiled. I put in Georgia-esque striping (garnet/white/black) on the sleeves. The ram head logo is on the sleeve. IMO, this is the 2nd set with numbers that didn't quite match. The more I look at it, the less I like it, honestly. Yes, I do realize it seems like a quick fix, but I only have time to create, not re-create.

ADDED TEAM:

arizst-white-sm.gif

Remaining teams:

Arizona Wildcats

Arizona State Sun Devils

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Cal-Los Angeles ("UCLA") Bruins

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Kansas Jayhawks

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Oklahoma Sooners

Pittsburgh Panthers

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Vanderbilt Commodores

Xavier Musketeers

Voting ends again Thursday. Here's how the poll looks right now...

ULTIMATE NCAA PROJECT POLLS:

1t) Florida - 2

1t) Richmond - 2

1t) UCLA - 2

1t) Vanderbilt - 2

5t) Arizona - 1

5t) Boise State - 1

5t) Duke - 1

5t) Kansas - 1

5t) Nebraska - 1

5t) Oklahoma - 1

5t) TCU - 1

There's a 4-way tie for the lead, with the rest being a max of two votes down. With a mere three votes, any team (including yours, if created thus far) can be unveiled. Keep voting and commenting!

:smileyusa:

Cool look. The only change I would make is use the ram logo on the hats. The plain F is used by a few teams already.

that vanderbilt set is pretty nice...though i wouldnt mind seeing the star-V logo being used a lot more now that both basketball and football have made it their athletic logo

Miami.png

%7Boption%7D

I'm really liking this one. My favorite is the powder blue road. I never realized how well their color scheme would work in baseball. This striping design is good, I think more colleges should turn to designs like these to be more unique.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Alright, I broke down and did a traditional concept, lol.

CONCEPT #67:

cornellbigred.png

First throw-back I've done since Florida Gators, but I took this one waaaaaaaaay back, circa 1910-style. It seemed almost blasphemous to try anything too "out there" with an Ivy League school (first in the series), so I went traditional. May try some stuff once Princeton comes around, though.

This is my first post on this series. On most series, I'd do a rundown of all the teams done so far. But that would take several days, so...I guess just the ones on this page will have to suffice.

Tulsa: Interesting stuff. I don't like the colors (not something you can change, I guess). It seems to me that you could get rid of gold since the logo doesn't have any. The hurricane flag pattern feels a little out of place on a baseball uni, but creative.

Mizzou: I especially like that black alt. Nice stuff you've got going here, but I'm not really a fan of the little square thing in the middle of the piping. I know it's supposed to play into the football jersey and all, but it doesn't look so great on a baseball uni. Everything else is perfect.

Troy: I like the wordmark and the colors are sweet, but the piping on the back looks sort of unnatural. The right angle doesn't work.

Villanova: The powder blue roadies are sweet, and the piping is creative. Like you said, evokes the basketball unis.

Cornell: My favorite! On this page, at least. The home and road sets are nice- fairly traditional, nice wordmark, striped stirrups (!). But it's the throwback that makes it the best. Beautiful, beautiful stuff. I love the white hat, simple design- well done. But haven't you done another Ivy team? I seem to remember you doing Dartmouth.

scotland_fifasig.png

This is my first post on this series. On most series, I'd do a rundown of all the teams done so far. But that would take several days, so...I guess just the ones on this page will have to suffice.

Tulsa: Interesting stuff. I don't like the colors (not something you can change, I guess). It seems to me that you could get rid of gold since the logo doesn't have any. The hurricane flag pattern feels a little out of place on a baseball uni, but creative.

Mizzou: I especially like that black alt. Nice stuff you've got going here, but I'm not really a fan of the little square thing in the middle of the piping. I know it's supposed to play into the football jersey and all, but it doesn't look so great on a baseball uni. Everything else is perfect.

Troy: I like the wordmark and the colors are sweet, but the piping on the back looks sort of unnatural. The right angle doesn't work.

Villanova: The powder blue roadies are sweet, and the piping is creative. Like you said, evokes the basketball unis.

Cornell: My favorite! On this page, at least. The home and road sets are nice- fairly traditional, nice wordmark, striped stirrups (!). But it's the throwback that makes it the best. Beautiful, beautiful stuff. I love the white hat, simple design- well done. But haven't you done another Ivy team? I seem to remember you doing Dartmouth.

You're right. I had forgotten about Dartmouth, with is odd considering its the most "unique" cap of the bunch. Thanks for the love, though.

I missed them earlier, but the Tulsa uniforms are stellar. I love the creativity in the sleeve pattern. All of the colors work superbly together too. Fantastic job on those ones, man.

The Cornell uniforms are ROCK SOLID. No flaws whatsoever and they truly make for a timeless uniform set. Great job on those, too.

Archived