Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, guys. Here's #55, I believe, good ole' Syracuse Orange(men):

syracuseorange.png

I was scratching my head for a new piping idea. Tried a couple different things when this popped in my head. It's your basic sleeve and trunk piping (the trunk piping is similar to ye olde New York Mets). The twist is that I connected the two.

Another challenge was balancing the orange and blue. Too much blue, looks like roughly 23623 other colleges out there. Too much orange, and we have Clemson north, essentially. I think I achieved a good balance though.

Something cool I did was tracing the S in the script logo and re-orienting it for the numbers.

What do you guys think? Too much of one color or piping too "out there"? I need answers!!! ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

bradleybraves.png

I tried a couple new types of tapering here. Rather than simply placing piping around the neck and arms (on the home/away), and tapered and cut it off. On the alternate, I placed the tapered piping on the actual sleeves.

The script I created.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think that interlocked SU works perfectly for Syracuse. The piping is a little too thick for my tastes on that one, I don't really think it matches the pants stripe well, but overall it's good, and I like the placement of the piping. The piping placement is also really cool on Bradley, with the tapering and all. The script is pretty good but I would make the B in Bradley match the B in Braves in the actual logo.

ohiobobcats.png

I actually struggled with a few different ideas when I was working this one up. For instance, I thought about going straight retro, which didn't really go with the logos. I also considered uber-modern, but that didn't feel right either. I was actually inspired by the thread on the Sports Logos forum because someone put up a thread to old Ohio logos...

As you can see, this is my second of the series to have two cap options per uni (the other is Michigan State which, ironically, is also green and white). The main inspiration, or theme if you will, is a certain NFL team that has the same colors. Since I was going with a similar feel as NYJ, I thought about the green sleeveless with white sleeves, but refrained *cheers*. The numbers are actually Detroit Pistons numbers altered to match the feel of the script.

I'm really digging that interlocking "OU" logo. Pretty nice set.

Me too. I loved this, especially how you used vests. I love vests, I wish every team would use them.

The "OU" logo is incredible.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived