2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Screw hockey... don't you people know its baseball season?!

...go wings.

Not for me. :cry: Meh, who am I kidding, I coudn't watch a full baseball game without dozing off even if you were to pay me!

GO ALS GO!!

I was shocked when the game ended to be honest with you, it was no where as loud as I'd expected it to be. We'll see how loud it is when they win the cup.

Maybe I'm taking the bait here, but you have a really weird obsession with noise levels.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Just a random side note, 'Hockey Central at Noon' host Nick Kypreos just agreed with my "1 winner, 29 losers and no second place" mentality.

Sorry, it is just a bit of an ego boost. :D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I was shocked when the game ended to be honest with you, it was no where as loud as I'd expected it to be. We'll see how loud it is when they win the cup.

Maybe I'm taking the bait here, but you have a really weird obsession with noise levels.

It's just that, when I watch the Pens play I think back at last year's playoffs, so I'm just surprised that there wasn't as big a celebration. It's not a weird obsession I mentioned it in the first round and now, that's 2 times.

Just a random side note, 'Hockey Central at Noon' host Nick Kypreos just agreed with my "1 winner, 29 losers and no second place" mentality.

Sorry, it is just a bit of an ego boost. :D

It's Nick Kypreos... I wouldn't mention if Kypper agreed on my point :P

Hi, how are you?

It's just that, when I watch the Pens play I think back at last year's playoffs, so I'm just surprised that there wasn't as big a celebration. It's not a weird obsession I mentioned it in the first round and now, that's 2 times.

How are you in a position to possibly judge the noise level in an arena when the game is broadcast on television and the mic levels are controlled by guys in a truck, and how can you judge crowd emotion from your couch?

I know, it's the US, so we don't get hockey or anything, but come on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How are you in a position to possibly judge the noise level in an arena when the game is broadcast on television and the mic levels are controlled by guys in a truck, and how can you judge crowd emotion from your couch?

I'm not judging crowd emotion, All I was saying was that I expected an explosion of noise from the people there. Also if you're not able to hear a difference in crowd volumes in different arenas than you might want to go see an ear doctor. Not just in Canada, but I've heard louder arenas in Buffalo, Philly, even Dallas.

I'm not taking a jab at the fans, all I was saying was I had expected something louder.

Hi, how are you?

I'm not judging crowd emotion, All I was saying was that I expected an explosion of noise from the people there. Also if you're not able to hear a difference in crowd volumes in different arenas than you might want to go see an ear doctor. Not just in Canada, but I've heard louder arenas in Buffalo, Philly, even Dallas.

I'm not taking a jab at the fans, all I was saying was I had expected something louder.

Well, they already were loud, so it was hard for them to get louder after the last tick off the clock.

Ive been to many extremely loud games and watched highlightrs afterwards on the pens site to see how it looked and sounded on TV, and going from that I can tell that it was actually very loud in there.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Well, they already were loud, so it was hard for them to get louder after the last tick off the clock.

Ive been to many extremely loud games and watched highlightrs afterwards on the pens site to see how it looked and sounded on TV, and going from that I can tell that it was actually very loud in there.

My dad and brother were at the game and claim it was the loudest game they have ever been to. They couldn't hear each other talk from one seat over at the end of the game.

I think that's really all anyone needs to read.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but Lidstrom sounds like he was raised in Alberta, not Sweden. No accent what-so-ever.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but Lidstrom sounds like he was raised in Alberta, not Sweden. No accent what-so-ever.

Not alone at all, I usually find that the Scandinavian players don't have as thick an accent anyhow. But yah never heard an accent.

Hopefully he can become the first European captain to win it all, if it can't be Alfie then I'd be glad if it was him.

Hi, how are you?

Not alone at all, I usually find that the Scandinavian players don't have as thick an accent anyhow. But yah never heard an accent.

Hopefully he can become the first European captain to win it all, if it can't be Alfie then I'd be glad if it was him.

Even Hank doesn't have that bad of an accent...same goes for Homer. Perhaps it's just the Swedes. I don't think I've ever heard Samuelsson or Kronwall talk, come to think of it.

Even Hank doesn't have that bad of an accent...same goes for Homer. Perhaps it's just the Swedes. I don't think I've ever heard Samuelsson or Kronwall talk, come to think of it.

Well I know Alfie has a pretty god one, but I don't know how it was when he first broke into the league, because I was youngin' who cared more about the Power Rangers than the Senators.

Hi, how are you?

Archived