Arizona State maroon pants

elliott

I was watching the ASU - WSU game and noticed the Sun Devils weren't wearing their usual gold pants. How long have they had these pants, because I don't remember ever seeing them (maybe b/c I'm on the East coast). I also noticed they had this logo on them, a logo that definetely was not found in the set last year (instead of the Sparky logo).

1427775.jpeg

White jerseys + gold pants

Maroon + gold

Hey...the pants are a flat-matte finish! Did ASU miss the shiny sheen memo???

And no...i can't recall ever having seen these before, either.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They used to wear them years ago, but definitely haven't worn them anytime in the time I've been at ASU (2004-present).

They returned last weekend at Stanford and again this week at Washington State. They really don't match, as the shade of maroon is different on the pants and on the rest of the uniform. I definitely prefer the white jersey-gold pants look from an aesthetics standpoint, but I can't argue with 2 straight wins on the road in maroon pants. They're good luck - keep wearing them*.

*with white jerseys; maroon pants and maroon jerseys will be unacceptable.

Those look beautiful. I wish football teams wouldgo back to the flat colors for pants, instead of that dreaded "dazzle" material. Or watever you wanna call it. I think a lot of helmets would look a lot better too if they were flat instead of metallic.

Thats prolly one of the only teams I've seen wearing the "flat-matte" pants. I believe Ohio state still wears flat matte too instead of the shiny crap, I just wish there pants would match the helmets better.

Who else still wear the "flat-matte" looking pants?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The maroon pants are great - the two girls are tramps! (sick)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Those look beautiful. I wish football teams wouldgo back to the flat colors for pants, instead of that dreaded "dazzle" material. Or watever you wanna call it. I think a lot of helmets would look a lot better too if they were flat instead of metallic.

Thats prolly one of the only teams I've seen wearing the "flat-matte" pants. I believe Ohio state still wears flat matte too instead of the shiny crap, I just wish there pants would match the helmets better.

Who else still wear the "flat-matte" looking pants?

A lot of Nike schools wear the "flat-matte" pants; I think they are supposed to be fabric that wicks away moisture better. As seen on USC, Ohio State, LSU, Kentucky, Arizona State, and a whole bunch more. They have been around for 3-4 years, but a lot of Nike schools switched to them last year.

They used to wear them years ago, but definitely haven't worn them anytime in the time I've been at ASU (2004-present).

They returned last weekend at Stanford and again this week at Washington State. They really don't match, as the shade of maroon is different on the pants and on the rest of the uniform. I definitely prefer the white jersey-gold pants look from an aesthetics standpoint, but I can't argue with 2 straight wins on the road in maroon pants. They're good luck - keep wearing them*.

*with white jerseys; maroon pants and maroon jerseys will be unacceptable.

In case anyone is wondering

13.jpg

And just because..

asuhotties.jpg

Well.......... <_<

i was gonna post on this but earlier but something sidetracked me on this thread

i went home for lunch and the wsu/asu replay was on

i usually go to that game as my friend has season tix for the cougs and always takes me tothe asu game because i am a huge asu fan

i believe they always wear those pants in pullman

the sun devils really really need a uniform update...not a nike update though

i believe their unis are addidas

while i love asu... their colors suck, and yes the yellow pants do not match the yellow helmet

i would like to see them go with white pants...and maybe a white helmet

ASU's look is fine as it is...These pants aren't bad, but they're not great. However, I'm sure they are not replacing the standard gold ones.

ASU did update their look (2003 I believe) when they were still with Adidas, but opted for their current look when switching to their current Nike unis. Their current unis are much better. The gold helmet is traditional and should never be touched, if anyone should switch to a white helmet, it should be the UofA adopting their old whites.

a-2003roadjersey2.jpga-2003homejersey1.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

They look a hell of alot better in the maroon pants no matter what material there made out of. I prefer the matte finish though because it doesn't draw as much attention to itself as the shiny material does. But I'd take either one over the yellow pants anyday. I personally don't like to see ANY team wearing yellow pants, especially with white jerseys. I guess I'm really just not a big fan of yellow. ^_^

Archived