Arizona State Sundevils Concept

AAO

As usual, it's well-drawn. The secondary logos are superb. However, the primary devil logo looks closer to an elf and a demon. Maybe move the horns closer to the front and shave his head. Also, the ear is too close to the neckline rather than the side of his head. Reminds me of "someone"...

trogdor.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I love these workmarks...the font is great! I have to agree that the "Sun Devil" looks like a couple of other things, but then again what is a Sun Devil supposed to look like. I've always thought that Sparky's best subtle features are his mustache and his grin. Otherwise, stellar work as usual.

asu-logo.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I'm in agreement with much of what's been said about the primary. Personally, i think it's the position of the ears and the horns. The ear looks too far back on the head, and, perhaps, too much at an angle. The left horn seems like it should overlap the top part of the head, rather than behind it. Other than that, great stuff, as usual. Hooray for the Angels font!

Edit: After taking a second look, i think the thing that's bugging me the most is the forehead. it juts out a bit too much, IMO.

sundevils-2.jpg

or take the yellow out of the uniform

the asu baseball team has no yellow on their uniform

just the cap logo

with all due respect, your INSANE. ASU should use as much yellow/gold as they can. when i think Az St i think red/gold. not red/black/white.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I agree that the primary needs work. The logo looks more like one of these goat-legged guys than a devil.

pan2.jpg

It's actually called a fawn.

My biggest problem with this concept is the way the neck and chin work with eachother. The chin goes horizontally across, but the neck goes down to a point. Merging these two makes a really awkward point of view.

I don't often see an AAO concept I dislike. Sorry to say, odds, but this devil head is one such effort. I love the ASU-pitchfork and ASU-sun logos, but the devil looks like he's related to crocker from fairly oddparents, what with the ear on his neck.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm really liking where you're going with the ASU wordmarks. However, for some reason neither of them looks very symmetrical, and on the first wordmark it seems that the pitchforks draw the focal point downward away from the ASU. It just seems like its some wasted space. I'd like to see the X of the crossing tridents lie behind the center point of the wordmark, and not near the bottom.

AAO, you're a great designer. I remember a while ago when you first got illustrator you just kept spitting out concepts left and right, and never taking quality time to sit down and work out all the kinks before posting them. A great concept takes time, and you've got what seems to be like a great idea here. I'd like to see this executed to your full ability. Keep up the good work bro.

Sparky has been around since the year 1980...almost 3 decades old...

Sparky has been on the helmets since around 1980, but is actually much older. According to my copy of "College Names of the Games" and other sources (wikipedia, etc.), he was actually created by Disney artists in 1948. Depending on whose story you want to believe, Sparky may even be a caricature of Disney himself done out of spite by his mistreated artists.... with a logo being that iconic and colleges being the traditional institutions that they are, it would be a tough sell to modernize that aspect of ASU's look. Additionally,

I agree that the primary needs work. The logo looks more like one of these goat-legged guys than a devil.

It's actually called a fawn.

Correctly spelled "faun", also known in Greek mythology as a "satyr". Mr. Tumnus, I presume?

tumnus.jpg

Unfortunately I agree-- the logo looks more like him than a devil....

AAO, I echo Jungle Book, you do great work, but this one isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's the re-do of an almost 60-year old Disney-designed logo for a college, maybe it's the "faun" look, but I'm just not digging the re-do for ASU.

It is what it is.

Archived