Fox / Red Sox Bias?

LuvTheNats

Actually McCarver usually tends to go the other way, especially when they play the Yankees. I was in a restaurant watching until just very recently so I'm not sure about tonight... but Buck tends to be pretty good at staying down the middle.

IUe6Hvh.png

On a related topic....

Just got home from work and turned on the familiar tones of the Buck/McCarver show. Relating their competence to TBS (and considering all the complaints about same), all I can say is:

"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

On a related topic....

Just got home from work and turned on the familiar tones of the Buck/McCarver show. Relating their competence to TBS (and considering all the complaints about same), all I can say is:

"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

I've always thought Buck is pretty good. Not the best, but pretty good -- McCarver is absolutely terrible, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Is it me...or does it really sound like Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are pulling for Boston? Buck is basically swooning over Manny and Beckett....

Cleveland fans would agree but then they think that about any announcing team. I was working so I enjoyed the clearly biased Indians radio broadcast with Tom Hamilton and Mike Hegan.

BB52Big.jpg

isnt it all because an Indians-Rockies or Indians-Diamondbacks World Series would have a nielsen rating of like 0.3? Both NL teams wont draw anybody but at least if the Sox are in it somebody will be watching. Maybe the announcers get a bonus or something if ratings are high.

14ilxq9.png

I usually feel that they are biased at the beginning. I feel it then swings to whatever direction the game goes. It's not because they (the announcers) want better ratings, though. The Network sure does. It's simply that the Yankees ans Red Sox are storied franchises with a lot of history.

Game 1, The Indians gave them nothing to talk about. Beckett was pitching well, Sabathia sucked and walked everybody. Oritiz and Manny were on base 10-10 times!!! I was even like "Holy Crap!!" What good would they say about the Tribe at that point? Game 2, I think they announcers were better. Tribe took the lead... they gushed. Sizemore hit a HR... they gushed like a girl. Sox get back to back HRs and re-gain the lead.... they REALLY gushed. When it got late the game I think they pumped up both relief pitching staffs. They gave Papelbon credit and the Tribe's Jensen Lewis some big ups.

Both FOX and TBS are doing poor jobs airing these games -- however I find TBS too be much better than FOX. Good luck catching signs from the catcher before any pitch... I don't think I've seen a single one on FOX.

I'll wait until the World Series when RSN picks up the MLB International feed and shows a game without 135 camera switches between every pitch (there are times they show close-ups of every single player on the field between pitches... or of course the classic "show a bunch of close-ups of fans, that's what people want to see... they want to watch people watching baseball")

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived