Fanhome

the_cynic

How many of you post on Fanhome? I know that it's been a pretty popular board in the past but I'm seeing more and more people bash on the whole site and their moderators. What's your opinion on this matter?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I was a fanhome moderator and when the mergered with the insiders they went to hell. They used to be good, but now half the time its hard to log in as moderator your moderating options would break down. The board would get jumbled into a mess eventually I got tired of it and came here exclussivley. I have not been to fanhome in several months now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

cc97 unregistered. That looks odd.

I used to be on fanhome. A buddy sent me the Thrashers crossover contest, and I knew I had to get in over here. I havent been back.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I post sometimes on Fanhome with my jersey concepts, hoping to see if people like them and get a better understanding of what the whole of people wanna see on jerseys and/or the modifications of mine. I still like it but some people just think they are better than everyone else.

For instance, we have this person who thinks Houston is god's gift to us. (If you post at ot know Fanhome sports logo forum, you know who I'm talking about :D ) Through this people get mad, and leave. This has affected the board tremendiously.

I also have found this board handy, because it seems I'm getting more reponses in my posts.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't go to Fanhome too much anymore either. Occasionally there is news that slips through the cracks here, like the Bengals uniforms. Like brassbonanza97 said, there's one poster in particular who only talks about how Houston is great and everything else sucks. Almost every topic comes down to a Houston love-fest. Two or three people monopolize most of the posts, and it's not really fun to find news anymore...it's all a big debate or something like that.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I found it before this one-and still go there--mostly for the CFL boards--dead now) and individual NHL team boards--but I first came across it searching for logo stuff-then I found this one--because of fanhome--so both serve their purpose--here there are more logos, and fantasy leagues--and I laugh more.  But each serves its purpose.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I started out there, then was going back and forth

between the two but then the Fanhome board just got

ridiculous with all the lame posts, and people where on there just to antagonize. There was one guy who talked only about the Red Wings, according to him all logos and /or unis designed in the last 30 years were all ripoffs of the Wings, it was comical. I think he did it just to get a rise most of the time.

I only come here and to CC's board because there's a passion for sports logos and genuine interest to learn from others here.

Everything that was good about Fanhome came over to this board when it opened. All that is left there is the crap that made it annoying to visit...

It is definantly the minor-leagues of the Sports Logo Boards...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This board with the many sections including the general discussion is the superior baord now, fanhome may have been good at one time, but it just fell apart.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

There was one guy who talked only about the Red Wings, according to him all logos and /or unis designed in the last 30 years were all ripoffs of the Wings, it was comical.

Jabari. I would have loved to see what he had to say about the new 'Yotes jerseys.

Yeah, though there was a time when he was also a good poster just had that oppinion. Then he went nuts.

There was one guy who talked only about the Red Wings, according to him all logos and /or unis designed in the last 30 years were all ripoffs of the Wings, it was comical.

Jabari. I would have loved to see what he had to say about the new 'Yotes jerseys.

Never liked him... he always was a nutcase...

He can stay over on that little board and write his pamphlets about the government conspiracy to steal the Red Wings logo...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This board would never have broken-off from FanHome if I had been able to have a little bit of power over MY OWN FORUM.   Whenever I had a problem poster that needed to be dealt with I would never be allowed to deal with them.

Usually, just like right now, I would lose my ability to moderate the board, but I'd still have mod-status.  Yet people over there complain that I'm not doing anything... how can I?

I'm also very surprised that some very respected posters on this forum would volunteer their moderating services, over mine, to that forum, without ever mentioning it to me once.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived