Islanders at Home in Vintage White Tonight

LoligerBS

The Islanders will look a little different tonight when they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight at the Nassau Coliseum. Along with wearing their old "Home" whites, Hall of Famer Al Arbour will return to coach in his 1500th game as an Islander, alongside Ted Nolan.

NHL.com

Watching pre-game, and they are wearing current unis + patch.

That's what it is. What's the deal with teams wearing white vs. the Pens? The C®aps just wore white last time we were in DC. Why are teams still wearing "roads" at home?

I understand tonight's "reason" but why did the Caps (and others) do this?

And another thing...are the Isles unis designed after the Denver Broncos '94 Throwbacks??? j/k.

KISSwall09.jpg

I know the Kings wore white vs. Dallas earlier this year at home and last night San Jose wore white at home against the Kings. I'm wondering if their just not teasing us before they go back to whites at home maybe next year. Of course the marketer in me sits here and says that they are wearing the whites for about 8-10 games so as to push the white jersey merchandise. It's a cash grab is all it is.

I believe at the start of the year, teams just want to show their fans both uniforms.

The Oilers, in a home and home with the Canucks, wore white at home and blue on the road while the Canucks did the same.

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with the NHL's b.s.? I am irate over the horrid jerseys the Islanders are wearing now, but it's just one in a long line of recent cash grabs for them. I, as a Long Islander, stopped buying jerseys from this team after Palffy switched numbers then they changed uniforms then they traded him.

Rob

The Buffalo Sabres will be wearing their road whites at HSBC Arena for every divisional game in November.

These games are as follows:

Wed 11/7 vs. BOS 7:00 NESN (HD), MSG (HD)

Fri 11/9 vs. TOR 7:30 TSN, MSG (HD)

Fri 11/16 vs. MTL 7:30 TSN (HD), RDS (HD), MSG (HD)

Wed 11/21 vs. OTT 7:30 TSN, MSG (HD)

Fri 11/23 vs. MTL 7:30 RDS (HD), MSG (HD)

The Sabres also have 4 road divisional games during that span. No word on those yet.

I believe at the start of the year, teams just want to show their fans both uniforms.

The Oilers, in a home and home with the Canucks, wore white at home and blue on the road while the Canucks did the same.

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with the NHL's b.s.? I am irate over the horrid jerseys the Islanders are wearing now, but it's just one in a long line of recent cash grabs for them. I, as a Long Islander, stopped buying jerseys from this team after Palffy switched numbers then they changed uniforms then they traded him.

Rob

To say i am irate over the :censored: the isles have done is a severe understatement. you see instead of getting pissed, i decided to do something about it and make sure they don't get a red cent from me. Thats why i'm not going to the games, buying the merchendise or watching them on tv until this bs is over. Until then, i rather give my money to wal-mart.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The NHL is doing this with all divisional rivalries this month so "people will know who is in our divisions". That was listed in an interview somewhere.

I hate bettman.

Does this mean Leafs/Habs isn't a rivalry? All was normal in Montreal in Saturday

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived