Giving the Nats a fresh new look

NDwas

The new logo and wordmark are based off of the Potomac Nationals, the Nats' Single-A affiliate.

And no, I'm not suggesting six different uniforms. I'm just offering up six different suggestions for future improvements with this concept.

I recommend viewing in full size. C&C, por favor.

2008nats.gif

UPDATED BELOW.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

These are cool but I think you should add some red in the bats like the section under the wordmark.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

For some weird reason, these remind me of the Reds 1999-2006 uniforms. I think that this set would look better if you used the "DC" instead of the "Capital Punisher W".

I honestly thought about doing so, but I'm also taking into consideration the fact that the new stadium has the Curly W all over the place.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I really like the tweaked primary. Also, I have no problem with the Senators W and the current wordmarks. There's no difference between that and teams like the Dodgers using a rigid cap logo and cursive wordmark. You might want to consider consolidating hats. Four hats is a little excessive.

VmWIn6B.png

i like this concept, except for i think that the red hat should be the home hat, that is, the only hat i mean. i respect a team that can use just 1 hat and it works seamlessly with the uni sets, whether it be home road or alt. and theres a lack of the word "Washington" on any of the unis. at least the road should say it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Unis are an upgrade, as well as the logo, but i think that the nats could really go primarily red on their set, as you could here. I think that you should use the red cap at home and blue on the road to match the wordmarks. Or, more preferably, go with the red cap full time and then make the wordmark on the home and road red. Also, im not a fan of the alternate hats. Ive always disliked hats with the bill a different color. I do, however, like the axing of the block DC logo.

oBIgzrL.png

How is it fresh and new? The curly W is almost 40 years old, and the Uni styling is very similar if not exactly like what they have now. The logo is a little different, but none of it warrants a "fresh new look" header for sure.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived