Tampa Bay Rays Concept

patsox

pretend their is a standard arched nameplate over the number.

I'm speechless. I really am.

There's a first time for everything. :P

Right, but this is like the 50th time you've posted a rushed and uninspired concept. I'd say take more time and make sure everything is good to go before you post, but what good will that do?

Do you really expect this concept to be taken seriously? I'm really asking.

Cuz if you are, you are seriously gonna have to put some more effort into it than this. Come on. Try. Take your time. Don't rush it. Don't just post it for the sake of posting it. Post it because you're proud of what you've come up with.

You know, all the hate I am seeing for simplicity of this concept, and yet we all rave over the Detroit Tigers uniforms. I honestly don't understand.

LT

Detroit's are classic, and work well for them. Tampa Bay is not a classic team, but CAN have classic-looking uniforms. But a modern script (which they just got rid of) in green on all three jerseys and a 'TB', that doesn't really look like a 'TB', on the game cap, is no comparison to Detroit or the Yankees or other simple yet classy uniforms in baseball.

Just because it's simple doesn't mean it should automatically be great. It has to work as a simple design, and this does not.

You know, all the hate I am seeing for simplicity of this concept, and yet we all rave over the Detroit Tigers uniforms. I honestly don't understand.

LT

Detroit's are classic, and work well for them. Tampa Bay is not a classic team, but CAN have classic-looking uniforms. But a modern script (which they just got rid of) in green on all three jerseys and a 'TB', that doesn't really look like a 'TB', on the game cap, is no comparison to Detroit or the Yankees or other simple yet classy uniforms in baseball.

Just because it's simple doesn't mean it should automatically be great. It has to work as a simple design, and this does not.

Thanks, McCall. Now that is the kind of criticism that means something. Just calling something bland or simple is not the kind of criticism that helps anyone, because simplicity can work, i.e. Detroit. Specifics like you describe here illustrate why the blandness is a problem here. In fact, the trouble is more than mere simplicity, which I had assumed all along.

LT

okay i'm gonna try and help you out as much as possible.

1) you need to add another color to this concept. The Rays aren't the Celtics. They can't just make a solid green work. Maybe you throw in a navy, or any shade of blue. Also try to make the green a bit darker. I think it would work.

2) I'd like to get a closer look at the cap logo. It's nice but i feel like i've seen it before.

3) Do your best at completeing all aspects of your concept. I honestly don't know how to do arched letters in paint, but it shouldn't be that hard. Just take care of it, and then you won't get called out on it.

4) Lastly specify which rays this is. Devil or Sun. I think you need to create another logo to go with the TB based on weather Ray you are going for.

Props on it being clean for the most part, just spend more time on the creative factor.

And saying "You Suck" or "This is terrible" without anything else doesnt help. It's not C&C and you wouldn't like it if you got those type of posts.

okay i'm gonna try and help you out as much as possible.

1) you need to add another color to this concept. The Rays aren't the Celtics. They can't just make a solid green work. Maybe you throw in a navy, or any shade of blue. Also try to make the green a bit darker. I think it would work.

2) I'd like to get a closer look at the cap logo. It's nice but i feel like i've seen it before.

3) Do your best at completeing all aspects of your concept. I honestly don't know how to do arched letters in paint, but it shouldn't be that hard. Just take care of it, and then you won't get called out on it.

4) Lastly specify which rays this is. Devil or Sun. I think you need to create another logo to go with the TB based on weather Ray you are going for.

Props on it being clean for the most part, just spend more time on the creative factor.

And saying "You Suck" or "This is terrible" without anything else doesnt help. It's not C&C and you wouldn't like it if you got those type of posts.

Finally some real C&C! All the Patsox bashing has gotten old, IMO

Archived