Colt Brennan

mantleisthebest7

Let me just say one thing. I could throw for 400 yards a game against teams like Northern Colorado and Charleston Southern. Couple that with the fact that he throws anywhere between 45 and 60 passes a game and many quarterbacks could put up similar numbers. Put him in a harder conference, such as the Pac-10 or SEC, and I bet he will have been "average" at best.

He didn't play against Charleston Southern so there for get your facts straight. He played against Northern Colorado... well I have a question if you play a game you don't go into a game and just play it, to play it... you play to win and thats what he does... so just because AD Herman Frazier couldn't get Michigan to man up and play them IN MICHIGAN its not Colts fault. He just goes out and plays the game because he loves playing football. So theres no need to fault him for playing a team he HAS to play...

spacer.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me just say one thing. I could throw for 400 yards a game against teams like Northern Colorado and Charleston Southern. Couple that with the fact that he throws anywhere between 45 and 60 passes a game and many quarterbacks could put up similar numbers. Put him in a harder conference, such as the Pac-10 or SEC, and I bet he will have been "average" at best.

He didn't play against Charleston Southern so there for get your facts straight. He played against Northern Colorado... well I have a question if you play a game you don't go into a game and just play it, to play it... you play to win and thats what he does... so just because AD Herman Frazier couldn't get Michigan to man up and play them IN MICHIGAN its not Colts fault. He just goes out and plays the game because he loves playing football. So theres no need to fault him for playing a team he HAS to play...

1) I don't think anyone has answered my question of could they have gotten a better opponent than Northern Colorado....and there are probably 200 teams that fit into this category.

2) Was the Michigan deal a home-and-home?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Michigan from what I heard that ESPN was in with Hawaii to get Michigan to play UH at the big house. Carr and Michigan said no to play app. state and that left Hawaii with a open schedule and N. Colorado accepted... I believe in my heart that yes UH wanted a better opponent but they scrambled and picked the first "yes". After Michigan said no to the game (To answer your question I do not believe it was a Home-Home series because of ESPN helping) Same thing with USC, after Michigan said "No" ESPN asked USC to play Hawaii at USC. USC chose to play Idaho and left Hawaii hanging to have to choose N. Colorado.

The scheduling of Charleston Southern came from Michigan State PAYING to get out the game in Hawaii because John L. Smith didn't want to play Hawaii. They scrambled and took the first "yes" sadly it was Charleston Southern.

spacer.png

I'm not saying its right what happens to teams like Hawaii or that I agree with it. They beat all comers and they have been rewarded with a BCS appearance. Colt Brennan is going to get paid in the NFL. He might not play every Sunday, but he'll get drafted. What more would you want? I still stand by that if he played teams like Michigan, UCLA, Virgina, or Arkansas every week he'd be a slightly above average QB.

His stats can be partially accredited to the poor schedule they play. Its not his fault but when a guy at a DI-AA school puts up huge numbers you don't hear people think they are the greatest ever. Its all relative to your opponent.

I'm much more impressed with Tebrow's 50 TD's in the SEC than the number of yards and TDs that Brennan has in the WAC.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone can have a bad game.

Peyton Manning threw 6 picks against the Chargers, 'member?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I kinda felt bad for the guy when he was begging to go back in the game after he got banged up on the play and he had to sit out 1 play... then the backup QB goes in and throwns a TD, the only one for Hawai'i. It was smart though sitting him the rest of the 4th quarter, they weren't gonna win, and he was gettin beat up. June Jones was thinkng of his future there, that being drafted by an NFL team in spring.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I had no idea that Colt Brennan is a convicted felon until today. That is kind of shocking to me. Never heard a single word of it, though there are apparently articles all over the Internet. Interesting...yet we can see all kinds of crap on the Florida State cheaters.

Not that has a damn thing to do with his play on the field, but it's just a bit of a shock to know he's a ex-con.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

My beef isn't necessarily with Colt Brennan and those who claim he's a "great" quarterback, the best of all time? Base on what criteria? Stats? Stats can be read how you want to read them. Base on opponents? Well as someone said, he has no control on who he plays, but he does have control on how he plays. Is he a good college quarterback with great stats? Yes. People thought Ryan Leaf would be great too, oh and then there's Michael Vick, Trent Dilfer and David Carr and we can go on and on about so-called great players, who were great on the college level and not so great on the NFL level. Would you consider Brennan better than Tom Brady or Griese who won a National title at Michigan? Is Colt Brennan a good NFL quarterback, we don't know yet, but he is a good college quarterback with great stats. And as far as how he ended up at Hawaii, here's an article, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2664279. We all make mistakes and he did, but those are in his past.

As far as who Hawaii plays, that's been a beef I've had with them as they want to be considered tough and want respect, but it seems they have trouble when they come to the mainland and so they want everyone to come to the Islands, in some respects I don't blame them, but it's where I think people respect Fresno State and Pat Hill and not Hawaii. Pat Hill has said "anyone, anywhere." Fresno State goes on the road to play teams, and tough teams and sometimes has their tails handed to them, but they are respected. Hawaii, maybe they're starting to as next year they have Florida on their schedule and it's in the swamp and they have a four game home and home with Colorado, but to get respect they need to play the majority of their non-conference games at BCS schools on the road. What they showed last night, was they are a low level Pac 10 team, they're barely a notch above Washington. What I saw from Georgia was a better team, better coach, better players, and when it was time to step it up Georgia stepped up and teams like Hawaii, Illinois, and tonight Oklahoma proved they don't belong on the big stage.

It was pretty well documented from what I remember. Isn't that how he ended up at Hawai'i, because he was dropped by another school?

Exactly. I think he got dropped by Colorado, went to Comunity College in Colorado, and then got a scholarship to play at Hawaii, and the rest is history.

That being said, if I were to blame anybody for Colt Brennan's awful game, I'd blame his offensive line. To say they got dominated would be putting it mildly. Hawaii's left tackle got owned on a regular basis the entire game.

...If Colt can walk into the Superdome and beat LSU or Tennessee this January (I don't know why I'm already giving him this game against Washington), then I'll give him a chance.

I know I'm quoting myself here, but I laughed out loud while reading three pages of pro-Colt banter. You may as well have saved your breath and your 1200-word posts and waited until he got his chance at a decent team. I expected him to play the SEC champion in the Sugar Bowl, but I had to settle for the SEC's third place team instead. Not surprisingly, the first game he plays against a national-caliber defense, he and his entire offense are rocked, check that, it should be ROCKED! in all capitals, plus an exclamation point just to show how badly they got ROCKED! Personally, I don't think it's coincidence; I won't toss it in the 'anyone can have a bad game' bag. WAC quarterbacks generally don't play against good defenses, and they are exposed when they get on the field with one. Oklahoma got caught sleeping last year, another bump in their four-year BCS hangover, but don't ever expect anyone else to lose to a mid-major in a BCS game. Actually, I think Hawai'i really soured the voters and mid-majors from here on out, especially from the WAC, will have a devil of a time (as if they didn't already) getting back into the BCS. Have fun getting your low-release passes batted around by third-string defensive linemen, Colt, because you look better in a headset than in a helmet, and I don't see you getting much playing time in the NFL regular season if the Sugar Bowl was any indication of how you play under pressure and against a good defense. There's lots of pressure and lots of good defense in the NFL, buddy.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I kinda felt bad for the guy when he was begging to go back in the game after he got banged up on the play and he had to sit out 1 play... then the backup QB goes in and throwns a TD, the only one for Hawai'i. It was smart though sitting him the rest of the 4th quarter, they weren't gonna win, and he was gettin beat up. June Jones was thinkng of his future there, that being drafted by an NFL team in spring.

I saw a line comparing his draft stock during this game to Enron's stock in 2001.

----------------------

andrewharrington's point about Hawaii possibly :censored: ing it up for future midmajors mirrors my concerns as well.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

andrewharrington's point about Hawaii possibly :censored: ing it up for future midmajors mirrors my concerns as well.

I'm not too sure about that because of Boise St.'s win last season as well as Utah's win in 2004. The Mid-Majors can bring it...just not if they're bringing the run-n-shoot... :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I'm not too sure about that because of Boise St.'s win last season as well as Utah's win in 2004. The Mid-Majors can bring it...just not if they're bringing the run-n-shoot... :D

Don't think the 2008 edition of the Warriors are going to be bringing any type of run-and-shoot next year...

June Jones' next move

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Don't think the 2008 edition of the Warriors are going to be bringing any type of run-and-shoot next year...

June Jones' next move

So much for that being his "dream job."

June Jones' next move

Well, Hawai'i can go back to their traditional 1-10 ways now!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

June Jones' next move

So much for that being his "dream job."

it would still be his dream job if Herman edwards wasnt such a piece of s*it AD, seriously hes the worst AD in the world.

spacer.png

Archived