Why cant a NFL team wear there alts more then twice a year?

FRIAR_BOLT_619

Why would you want it to be that way? Hell, with all the pant combinations, uniform sets are blurred as it is. I'd like to see alts outlawed except for anniversery years, where teams can wear throwbacks or a special uniform if they so desire.

I believe the rule is in place to keep some sort of uniform order.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

well its a 16 game season

8 home

8 away

throw in 2 games of the alt somewhere

if they wore there alt more, whats the point of the home or away?

That, and the fact that the colored jerseys are supposed to be home (of course that's not always the case), so in theory, since the alts would be "home" jerseys, that would only leave 6 games for the regular home jerseys... in theory, of course.

It's a strange rule for the NFL to have, considering that teams are now using alternate PANTS to get around this restriction (Titans, Rams) or wearing monochromes at times (Saints).

I suspect the rule is in place for jerseys and not pants because you can't go and buy authentic or replica game pants, and they want to govern the number of times something that can be purchased is worn.

Yes, I know you can get game worn pants on occasion, but you can't go into a Dick's, Champs or other store and get them.

It's a strange rule for the NFL to have, considering that teams are now using alternate PANTS to get around this restriction (Titans, Rams) or wearing monochromes at times (Saints).

I suspect the rule is in place for jerseys and not pants because you can't go and buy authentic or replica game pants, and they want to govern the number of times something that can be purchased is worn.

Yes, I know you can get game worn pants on occasion, but you can't go into a Dick's, Champs or other store and get them.

Plus the jersey is the main part of the uniform, that distinguishes it from another team.

Replying to Why cant a NFL team wear there alts more then twice a year?

Don't you mean their?

their ?pronoun 1. a form of the possessive case of they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun: their home; their rights as citizens; their departure for Rome.

there ?adverb 1. in or at that place (opposed to here): She is there now.

they're -contraction of they are. : They're going to the store.

Quite possibly my biggest pet peeve (and it really isn't that hard to figure out)...

Moose

I agree with the rule but think in certain cases teams should be able to wear the jerseys through a lucky streak. I'm superstitious when it comes to things like that and if a team is playing exceptionally well in the alts, if so petitioned, the league should allow them to wear them until they lose.

Don't you mean their?

their ?pronoun 1. a form of the possessive case of they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun: their home; their rights as citizens; their departure for Rome.

Quite possibly my biggest pet peeve (and it really isn't that hard to figure out)...

Moose

While we're on the subject of grammar, the title of this thread is "Why cant a NFL team wear there alts more then twice a year?" Well, there are at least three more gramatical mistakes in that sentence.

Number 1. it should be "an NFL team", not "a NFL team"

Number 2. "cant" needs and apostrophe to become "can't"

Number 3. "then" should be "than".

no I am not an English teacher, but I am also annoyed by gramatical mistakes.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

Don't you mean their?

Moose

While we're on the subject of grammar, the title of this thread is "Why cant a NFL team wear there alts more then twice a year?" Well, there are at least three more gramatical mistakes in that sentence.

I used to correct grammar in people's posts also, but almost invariably, when I did, I would make a mistake as well, and would end up getting called out for it. I usually no longer correct people's grammar.

However, in this instance, I will make an exception, and I don't care if I make a mistake myself.

Both of you guys made at least one grammar and/or spelling mistake each.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Don't you mean their?

Moose

Oh yeah....

^_^

Irony can be quite ironic sometimes. (And I don't mean it in an Alanis Morissette kind of way)

Archived