George Mitchell Report

OB33

Who in their right mind pays for illegal substances with a check? What maroons.

I've been reading the report and I'm amazed at the paper trail left behind by these players. You'd think that they would be more conscious on covering their tracks.

Not only why would you pay with a check. But why would the sellers take them? You would think that it would be an all cash transaction.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steroids weren't illegal in baseball when a lot of these guys were taking them, right? What's the point of releasing their names, then? It seems like this is baseball's fault and not the individual players. Bud Selig should resign or be fired over this. He won't, but he should be.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

In my opinion, just because baseball didn't explicitly ban steroids doesn't make it legit. Steroids were illegal outside of baseball (i.e. the common-folk), so why shouldn't that extend to within baseball? David Justice's comments about not having any specific meetings rings hollow to me. That's like saying it's not your fault when you burn yourself ironing the shirt you were wearing. Steroids are illegal whether professional sports banned them or not. Players don't get a free pass by claiming ignorance and the executives just look ignorant.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I just want to go ahead and mention that all four of the Yankees winning pitchers from the 2000 World Series -- Pettitte, Neagle, Clemens, and Mike Stanton -- have been mentioned in this report. :D :D

ASTERISK!!! ASTERISK!!! ASTERISK!!!

While you jest, I seriously just put a mental asterisk in my head for that series.*

*Not that it matters...

Pettitte

Clemens

Knoblauch

Justice

Neagle

Grimsley

Stanton

Glenallen Hill

That's like saying it's not your fault when you burn yourself ironing the shirt you were wearing.

Hey, don't be bringing John Smoltz into this!

Oh, and I'd like to point out I got 3 of 7 correct although in my wildest dreams I never would've suspected Nook Logan based on his 2 career home runs.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Steroids weren't illegal in baseball when a lot of these guys were taking them, right? What's the point of releasing their names, then? It seems like this is baseball's fault and not the individual players. Bud Selig should resign or be fired over this. He won't, but he should be.

Because they are dirty, rotten, cheaterzzz!!!111one. And the players didn't take steroids in the glory days which most of the media types remember. (Never mind that such low yield cheating as stealing signs, etc. has been institutionalized for generations.)

Oh well....I find it hypocritical that the media has appointed itself the holy determiner about morality in such instances. I don't exactly consider todays media types to be the most moral people around. Much like they try to paint themselves as the defenders of our "rights", but they would violate them at the drop of a hat.

Oh...no Pujols, no A-Rod, no other sluggers from the present day (besides Barry Bonds)?

I hope baseball kept the receipt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Since Clemens is in this stuff, we the Red Sox fans will think that it'll be great inducting a doped Clemens in the HOF with the Yankees' cap. :lol:

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Who would've thought F.P. Santangelo was on steroids? He must've been absolutely outstanding on the bench or something. On a side note, I have his autograph.

Some of these guys, you could've guessed were on the juice. Really, most the guys on here make some sense, even if they weren't ever any good. Some of em, I've honestly never heard of. Brian Roberts was one of the ones I assumed would be on here for some reason.

As for Bonds we all knew lol. Its just do dam bad he had to cheat to get his way into the record board. After all Ruth did it on Beer and Hot dogs lol.

You know what though? Let's spin this 180 degrees and speculate - how many dingers would Babe Ruth, or Willie Mays or Hank Aaron, have hit had they been on the juice? 800? 900? 1,000?

nav-logo.png

Steroids weren't illegal in baseball when a lot of these guys were taking them, right? What's the point of releasing their names, then?

Oh, I dunno... maybe because they were illegal under federal law, which at least I still consider to be at least a slightly higher authority to answer to...?

hnhd.jpg

Only these have to answer to a higher authority...

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

As for Bonds we all knew lol. Its just do dam bad he had to cheat to get his way into the record board. After all Ruth did it on Beer and Hot dogs lol.

You know what though? Let's spin this 180 degrees and speculate - how many dingers would Babe Ruth, or Willie Mays or Hank Aaron, have hit had they been on the juice? 800? 900? 1,000?

With today's roids, hgh, small ballparks, juiced balls, small strike zone and private team jets, all three would have been around 900.

With today's roids, hgh, small ballparks, juiced balls, small strike zone and private team jets, all three would have been around 900.

Ruth? 271

He would have been pigeon-holed as a pitcher for much of his career and only came out of AAA late on down the road.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived