Evansville in sleeves tonight

gashousegang

The University of Evansville Purple Aces wore jerseys with sleeves for the first time since the 2001-02 season in their Missouri Valley Conference opener. Marty Simmons in his first year at UE played here in the late 80s. The jerseys were a surprise move and no word on whether or not this will be a permanent change or a one time deal (especially since they lost by 16 tonight).

Edit: Newspaper article said it was not to be a permanent change

UEsleeves.jpg

I don't like when teams wear sleeves for basketball and a can't believe the players would like it much either. One team in my conference, state power Proviso East has always worn sleeves and I don't know why. It looks bad and can get in the way.

4c93bf80.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Awesome. I mean, I wouldn't want to see other teams change to it. But on Evansville, it just looks right. Brings back memories of the old MCC.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Edit: Newspaper article said it was not to be a permanent change

That's a shame. Evansville just belongs in sleeves. I've spent a lot of time in Evansville, and I guess I'm somewhat of a traditionalist but it just bothers me that something so easily distinctive would go out the window for no reason.

If you want to wear sleeves when you're playing basketball, fine. Wear a t-shirt under your jersey. Don't wear some damn shooting shirt and call it a jersey, because it's not.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

UEsleeves.jpg

Is it me, or do these guys look "special"? Maybe its the way theyre they were caught running, but they dont look like a Div I basketball team if you catch my drift. Number 5 looks like he just got his leg braces removed and 21 looks like he's ready to go to McDonalds

I like the shirts though. As a kid, I'd always root for an Evansville tourney bid so I could see the guys with the sleeves.

UEsleeves.jpg

Is it me, or do these guys look "special"? Maybe its the way theyre they were caught running, but they dont look like a Div I basketball team if you catch my drift. Number 5 looks like he just got his leg braces removed and 21 looks like he's ready to go to McDonalds

I like the shirts though. As a kid, I'd always root for an Evansville tourney bid so I could see the guys with the sleeves.

Sorry to come off as a d*ck, but was there any point in that post (besides the mocking of the mentally challenged)? <_<

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

UEsleeves.jpg

Sorry to come off as a d*ck, but was there any point in that post (besides the mocking of the mentally challenged)? <_<

You didn't sound like a d*ck, he did.

He shouldn't have to lighten up.

It was pretty obvious you meant to imply the players looked like they were mentally challenged.

Unless you meant something else by "21 looks like he's ready to go to McDonalds".

Why don't you explain?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

He shouldn't have to lighten up.

It was pretty obvious you meant to imply the players looked like they were mentally challenged.

Unless you meant something else by "21 looks like he's ready to go to McDonalds".

Why don't you explain?

I like McDonald's...

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

UEsleeves.jpg

hey buddy, i have cerebral palsy and wear a legbrace. i really appreciate that. thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

heh, I recall back in 97-98, my school's freshman girls team had one player who wore a sleeved jersey, while the rest wore tanks. To this day I have absolutely no idea why, seeing as that girl stuck out like a sore thumb.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

heh, I recall back in 97-98, my school's freshman girls team had one player who wore a sleeved jersey, while the rest wore tanks. To this day I have absolutely no idea why, seeing as that girl stuck out like a sore thumb.

I'd say either it was religious reasons or some people have large birthmarks on their arms that they are self conscious about.

I absolutely LOVE the sleeves for Evansville! I wish they'd bring them back full time, especially with a head coach that played there in the sleeves. I would pull for Evansville as a kid simply because of the unique jerseys they had. It put them on the map, so to speak, across the nation (I grew up in the Seattle area not even knowing where Evansville really was). Kudos to the Purple Aces for bringing them back. Let's see those sleeves more often!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

The girls team at one of the high schools I went to wore sleeves well into the 90's.

But I have to agree with the "baskteball teams should look like basketball teams" sentiment. Not a good look for Evansville (or anyone for that matter).

Archived