Designing the World League of American Football

BB61

The Orlando Thunder was another relatively easy scheme to produce. "We had that one nailed down real fast," Boss said. "We got the name cleared early. The name 'Thunder' produced six early designs, any one of which would have been successful. That was the one concession by Wilson to use a fabric they did not have, a fluoresent lime green. It's the one jersey that's different than anything else in pro football."

Huh. That makes me re-think my estimate for their Lime. I'll bet they used one of the Pantone Day-Glo Colors:

PMS_802_C.jpg or PMS_802_2X_C.jpg

Day-Glo colors use fluorescent inks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I attended the final home game of the Orlando Thunder, andstill am the proud owner of a Lime Green Scott Mitchell #19. I need to take a photo and post it for reference.....somebody please remind me in a couple days......

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

In Birmingham, Boss stated, "The fire image was one that everybody liked. I decided one day driving into work that we should put the flame on the sleeves and helmet. Everybody liked it immediately. We picked up the navy for Auburn and the Crimson for Alabama and combined it in a way that was an entirely different color combination. It makes a very strong uniform symbol.

Did the Fire change colors from the navy to black? I have a mini helmet of their's and it's black (and really cool). As far as I could tell on TV and their playing cards, it looked black, too. Is there some story to this, or did the mini helmet just get messed up?

In Birmingham, Boss stated, "The fire image was one that everybody liked. I decided one day driving into work that we should put the flame on the sleeves and helmet. Everybody liked it immediately. We picked up the navy for Auburn and the Crimson for Alabama and combined it in a way that was an entirely different color combination. It makes a very strong uniform symbol.

Did the Fire change colors from the navy to black? I have a mini helmet of their's and it's black (and really cool). As far as I could tell on TV and their playing cards, it looked black, too. Is there some story to this, or did the mini helmet just get messed up?

I always thought Birmingham's primary color was Navy. You're not referring to the Rhein Fire are you?

I always thought Birmingham's primary color was Navy. You're not referring to the Rhein Fire are you?

Nicht. I can't remember if the Fire helmet (black) was in original packaging when I got it off ebay or not. It's starting to sound like it was a mini helmet mistake, ya?

I attended the final home game of the Orlando Thunder, andstill am the proud owner of a Lime Green Scott Mitchell #19. I need to take a photo and post it for reference.....somebody please remind me in a couple days......

I never understood why the logo colors were light blue and yellow if the team colors were lime green and royal blue. That ruined their uniform for me.

I never understood why the logo colors were light blue and yellow if the team colors were lime green and royal blue. That ruined their uniform for me.

The quick answer is because all 4 colors were official, but not all 4 were primary colors. I think there is a website somewhere on the net that lists a lot of this trivial stuff.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

[The quick answer is because all 4 colors were official, but not all 4 were primary colors. I think there is a website somewhere on the net that lists a lot of this trivial stuff.

Gee, thanks...

:cry:

Heh. Wow.

Anyway, yeah, it's similar to the Phoenix Picasso Coyote. The teams colors were Black, Brick, Sand, Green, and Purple, but they only really went by Black, Brick, and Green (or Sand... I think).

philly.png

Anyway, yeah, it's similar to the Phoenix Picasso Coyote. The teams colors were Black, Brick, Sand, Green, and Purple, but they only really went by Black, Brick, and Green (or Sand... I think).

An example of my trivial stuff:

PhoenixCoyotes_FRC_2003_SOL.jpg

Archived