New 2008 Baseball Caps, Jerseys: Favorites?

BallWonk

With pitchers and catchers due to report in only 37 days -- but who's counting? -- and with the Rays having been completely overhauled, several new alt or throwback unis in play, and several minor-league teams getting the redo, what uniform elements are folks most looking forward to seeing in action and/or buying for their own selves? Any baseball redesigns for the 2008 season that have you excited?

20082614447.png

For me, sadly none. I don't think the Royals need the alt powder blue and it really isn't one of their colors. The powder blues were the "road grays" of the time. I don't like throwbacks for throwback's sake (Indians, Jays). I think the Rays screwed up by eliminating a unique color scheme. That's just me though.

37 days? That means the Pirates have about 45 days until they are mathematically eliminated.

KISSwall09.jpg

With pitchers and catchers due to report in only 37 days -- but who's counting?

I'm certainly counting! (BTW, 52 days 'til the first spring game and 84 days 'til the season opener!)

And I'm looking foreward to the Cubs first ever (home) throwback game. Accoring to the Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph (see the 13th paragraph of the linked story), the Cubs will wear 1948 replica unis as part of a celebration of WGN-TV's 60th anniversary:

nl_1948_chicago.gif

I can only hope they wear the correct stirrups, as the rest of the uni is pretty boring...

Moose

I like the new Indians uniforms (home and retro alt), as well as the Royals and Jays. Can't stand the new Tampa Bay look.

I like the Royals thing. Not so much the Jays (an ugly team improves itself with a merely not-good uniform) and the Indians. The Phillies throwback things are growing on me, but mainly that's because I think the Phillies are in the Jays boat of anything being an improvement over what they've got.

With the Rays, I'm actually looking forward to seeing them on the field. How they wear in games will make the difference between the new uniforms being a complete failure or merely mediocre.

Aside from wanting a Casper Ghosts jersey, I'm not really excited about any minor-league rebrand this year. Kind of a letdown, since there have been really terrific minor-league redesigns every year for a while now.

Whatever happened to the Portland Beavers announced intentions to keep their name but change their "on-field identity system"? I see that the team has put pretty much all of its merchandise on deep clearance. Is there one more uniform redo in the works before the '08 season?

20082614447.png

For me, sadly none. I don't think the Royals need the alt powder blue and it really isn't one of their colors. The powder blues were the "road grays" of the time. I don't like throwbacks for throwback's sake (Indians, Jays). I think the Rays screwed up by eliminating a unique color scheme. That's just me though.

37 days? That means the Pirates have about 45 days until they are mathematically eliminated.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

metslogo_215.gif

d20_4008.jpg

That is beautiful. Is it just the lighting, or is the KC logo on the cap also light blue? I assume it's just the lighting, but if so it would be a shame. The apparent light-blue tint of the KC makes that a fantastic cap.

That Phillies jersey and cap look great, too. I almost have to rub my eyes in amazement at a Phillies uniform that doesn't look kind of pink.

20082614447.png

d20_4008.jpg

That is beautiful. Is it just the lighting, or is the KC logo on the cap also light blue? I assume it's just the lighting, but if so it would be a shame. The apparent light-blue tint of the KC makes that a fantastic cap.

That Phillies jersey and cap look great, too. I almost have to rub my eyes in amazement at a Phillies uniform that doesn't look kind of pink.

You are correct, it is the lighting. The KC is white on the cap.

I'm certainly counting! (BTW, 52 days 'til the first spring game and 84 days 'til the season opener!)

And I'm looking foreward to the Cubs first ever (home) throwback game. Accoring to the Bloomington (IL) Pantagraph (see the 13th paragraph of the linked story), the Cubs will wear 1948 replica unis as part of a celebration of WGN-TV's 60th anniversary:

nl_1948_chicago.gif

I can only hope they wear the correct stirrups, as the rest of the uni is pretty boring...

Moose

I love that 48 Cubs look. It's the one featured in a Norman Rockwell painting, and I've always liked it and wanted to see it in action.

The new Toronto road and the Phils alts are my favorites of the new unveilings. I welcome the return of the powder blue for the Royals, but wish the Royals script was in white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

nl_1948_chicago.gif

Moose

I love that 48 Cubs look. It's the one featured in a Norman Rockwell painting, and I've always liked it and wanted to see it in action.

Think we can re-create the entire scene?

9480904.jpg

:D

Archived