Did Sonics ever have red uniforms?

theonlymember

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont have the proper tools, but can anybody shop that Sonics logo into its current colors? I think that would be quite nice.

I did that one a while back when we were all doing that re-colorization thing:

SeattleSuperSonics_OldLogoNewColors.gif

WOW!!!! That looks f'n tight!! The sonics should seriously use that logo again...with those colors! I flat out have hated their current logo/unis ever since they've used them.

I always hated those Sonics unis. The set they replaced was one of the best in the NBA.

Slightly O/T, but I remember back in '96 when the Pistons unveiled that god-awful logo. I was with a friend, who was a hardcore Detroit fan. We were waiting for the logo to download (dark age of the 'net, y'see), and after seeing what the Nets & Wolves had done we were expecting something nice. Upon seeing that teal and red monstrosity, all my friend could say was "Why...?" :P

some better pics.

Sonics1.pngSonics2.png

yeah, like y'all, i liked them, but was glad to see the change to green and gold. also, kemp was one of my all-time favorite players to watch play. just throwing that out there.

Funny story about Shawn Kemp. This might be just a rumor (if its true its a good one none the less) but I heard that he and Jordan were messing around with various dunks in some kind of practice session...must have been during an All-Star game or something...and they were trying to out duel eachother. I guess a couple of the things that Kemp did was:

1. he dunked a tennis ball over the ENTIRE backboard. (thats pretty bad ass)

2. he grabbed a Quarter that had been on top of the backboard. (equally as impressive)

That guy had some long arms and some serious hops. He was always fun to watch.

I personally would choose the Green, Red, and Gold over what they have now. What they have now looks only ok, but those Sonics unis were one of my favorites. I was about 3 or so when the Sonics rolled out those sweet duds and so before the change to the bland Gold and Green, those unis were the only thing I knew for the Sonics. I don't care how bad it screams 90's. I love em. As with the Magic's pinstripes, the Pistons teal and black (thats right!) and MY Jazz's mountain landscape. And i also dug the Nuggets in Navy and Gold with a hint of red too.

That's my 400th post! YAY!!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

does anyone have a pic of the bucks hunter green alts that they used in the late 90s

BucksF.png

BucksB.png

p.s.- i took these photos from someones ebay sale a while ago, don't know who it was or else i would credit them, but a photo is a photo is a photo is a photo.

The 90s were a dark age for basketball uniforms.

Bucks- No purple is the best thing to happen to the franchise since Lew Alcindor. The red isn't great, but it is good. I wanted to see dueling greens.

Pistons- Do I even have to type it.

Pacers- better now.

Cavs- That razor pattern didn't look sharp.

Magic- Way better now.

Hawks- No gradient jerseys. Ugh!

Heat- See Magic.

Nets- A rare 90s gem.

Sixers- Awful cluster:censored:, they need to change soon.

Knicks- Who told them they needed black?

Raptors- Epitomized the 90s aesthetic. Clearly improved now.

Rockets- I love the new ones. And I agree with Barkley that the 90s version looked like clown suits.

Grizzlies- Much better now, but I would love to see brown and lt. blue for them.

Spurs- Major logo improvement. That aqua-pink-orange swash was extremely femmy.

Hornets- Would love to see green replace teal, but it's still better than their 90s monstrosity.

Sonics- Better before and after the 90s.

T'Wolves- Please get out of the 90s soon.

Nuggets- Way better colors now. Too dark before.

Jazz- See Pistons.

Suns- Much better.

Warriors- See T-Wolves.

Kings- They need a change ASAP. Stuck in the 90s.

i loved these

EM7501133.JPG

Yeah, but Champion didn't really try to get their replica jerseys correct. Other than a Charlotte Hornets replica I bought in 2002, every Champion jersey I have seen is way off. They didn't even include the Grizzlies neck and sleeve piping on those jerseys.

Here are the Grizzlies for good measure:

VancouverGrizzlies_RUN_1997-1998_SO.gif

I remember the Grizz haing a black uniform. Was that in Memphis or Vancouver? I do not remember where it was.

Both. Don't have the seasons in front of me, but they were used in both places.

Wow...I always thought the red sonic alts were one of the worst monstrosities ever, along with the red pistons ones (which I had forgotten completely.)

Although that sonics set otherwise, logo and regular home/road jerseys, were perfectly fine.

I think Vancouver always had them and Memphis had them till 05

The Grizzlies went to Black road unis around 1998-1999 or so. They wore Turquoise roads from 1995-1996 until then.

Vancouver Grizzlies

1995-2000: Turquoise roads.

2000-2001: Black roads.

Memphis Grizzlies

2001-2004: Black roads.

2004-present: Current roads.

Archived