Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

I missed it. Puppy Bowl IV was far more interesting.

Is it just me, or is this Super Bowl really boring? Between the impotence of the offenses, and the let's-show-one-play-then-cut-to-more-commercials, this thing is really slow.

There are good plays, but I think the big problem is that the game just doesn't seem to be in doubt.

Also....should I be offended by the salesgenie commercials?

EDIT-apparently I should.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can challenge 12 men on the field?

You can challenge penalties?!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It was nice of the NFL to allow a homeless man perform the halftime show.

LOL

The Super Bowl Halftime Show where old washed up formerly great musicians go to play one final time.

BTW I bet half these people they put on the field for the halftime show have no clue who Tom Petty is.

I've yet to see anyone explain to me that this is better than Justin Timberlake possibly causing Janet Jackson to expose herself.

Um Tom Petty has more talent in his pinky then Justin Timberlake in his whole body.

Petty wrote his own songs, plays instruments you know real music not that synthesizer techno crap with digitizied effects on voices.

Tank...I was being slightly facetious over how the NFL's backlash to the wardrobe malfunction has been to trot out aging rockers for safe "family friendly" entertainment.

That said...can they book Foreigner for next year?

I could live with that

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It was nice of the NFL to allow a homeless man perform the halftime show.

LOL

The Super Bowl Halftime Show where old washed up formerly great musicians go to play one final time.

BTW I bet half these people they put on the field for the halftime show have no clue who Tom Petty is.

I've yet to see anyone explain to me that this is better than Justin Timberlake possibly causing Janet Jackson to expose herself.

Um Tom Petty has more talent in his pinky then Justin Timberlake in his whole body.

Petty wrote his own songs, plays instruments you know real music not that synthesizer techno crap with digitizied effects on voices.

I don't say this too often, but I agree with Tank.

Tom Petty = Artist

Justin Timberlake = Entertainer (who seems to think Michael Jackson is a genre of music)

Oooh...nice. Racist panda bear commercials.

I didn't see the commercial, but to play the "racist" card so quickly? I would probably say "stereotype" or "prejudice" first, but racist? Wow....

Oh.... What's the difference anyway.... They have a clearly Chinese male panda bear speaking with a clearly Chinese accent.... And, for some reason, his female wife panda bear speaks with an Americanized accent.... I don't see why I would need to wait to call something racist.... And what's the difference between "stereotyped" and "racist"?.... They were clearly exaggerating Chinese pronunciation for comedic effect.... I think we can all do better and should expect more....

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So is Gostowski hurt? First the kickoff out of bounds, now this. Thoughts?

Today, we are all otaku.

So is Gostowski hurt? First the kickoff out of bounds, now this. Thoughts?

Could be the Pats say he is fine and they lie all the time

If you were the coach of a team playing in the championship game, would you disclose all your players' injuries so the other team knows their ailments?

Yeah, didn't think so.....

Archived