Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, now that I've read through 7 pages of bickering, let's get down to brass tacks.

Who are you?

Someone's never watched "Blazing Saddles"....

Actually, I haven't, so I don't know what you're talking about. According to this, the phrase "get down to brass tacks" (which I'm well aware of outside of the context of a movie) dates it back to the late 19th century. If the "bickering" thing is part of a line from the movie, whatever. I mostly objected to the idea that someone is supposedly cool enough to tell people to stop arguing because he had the singular, coolest prediction in all of football fandom. It wasn't even insightful and didn't add much. "Who are you?" was a pithier way of saying "Why should I care what you think?" And I took the line "Who are you?" from an episode of The Daily Show, although the actual reference was "And who the :censored: are you?"

So there we are.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Alright, now that I've read through 7 pages of bickering, let's get down to brass tacks.

Who are you?

Actually, I haven't, so I don't know what you're talking about. According to this, the phrase "get down to brass tacks" (which I'm well aware of outside of the context of a movie) dates it back to the late 19th century. If the "bickering" thing is part of a line from the movie, whatever. I mostly objected to the idea that someone is supposedly cool enough to tell people to stop arguing because he had the singular, coolest prediction in all of football fandom. It wasn't even insightful and didn't add much. "Who are you?" was a pithier way of saying "Why should I care what you think?" And I took the line "Who are you?" from an episode of The Daily Show, although the actual reference was "And who the :censored: are you?"

So there we are.

Wow. Well that was beaten to death.

Who are you?

So there we are.

Wow. Well that was beaten to death.

Yeah, that was kind of point. I'm not a fan of people making vague points with ellipses. So my natural reaction is to spell it all the way out, so we all know exactly what we're talking about. And I'd still like to know what Blazing Saddles has to do with anything. I think HedlerLamarr is confused as to the origin of a phrase, but he's not saying.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think HedlerLamarr is confused as to the origin of a phrase, but he's not saying.

That's HEDLEY!

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Haha, that was all too perfect. Are you sure you haven't seen it, DG? :D

I kind of wish I had, so I could be in on the joke. But, nope, haven't seen it.

I think HedlerLamarr is confused as to the origin of a phrase, but he's not saying.

That's HEDLEY!

Use your best friend, Youtube, and look up some Blazing Saddles clips...

That's HEDLEY!

Use your best friend, Youtube, and look up some Blazing Saddles clips...

Only if you promise to make an honest effort to end your statements with periods instead of ellipses. That, or start completing (ha) your thoughts.

Only if you promise to make an honest effort to end your statements with periods instead of ellipses. That, or start completing (ha) your thoughts.

Stop something that annoys you? No deal.

Now I'm gona make a concerted effort to make sure the ellipses end each post.....

Based on the coverage I have seen...I would like to nominate Junior Seau as the likely "Mercury Morris" annoying guy who needs to shut up from this Patriots squad ten years down the road.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Based on the coverage I have seen...I would like to nominate Junior Seau as the likely "Mercury Morris" annoying guy who needs to shut up from this Patriots squad ten years down the road.

You sure it won't be Rodney Harrison?

Archived