Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

7-3 Pats at the half, even though the Giants have outplayed them so far, just as they've outplayed all their previous playoff opponents. Brady and company definitely haven't been their usual scary-good selves. I'll say this for the Gints, they sure have a knack for getting their opposition to suck.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Route is on

It's 7-3.

EDIT: By the way, who is in charge of anti-drug commercials? Other than making parents terrified of their children, have they ever done anything productive?

Well they taught me how not to act when I was high. Does that count?

BB52Big.jpg

It was nice of the NFL to allow a homeless man perform the halftime show.

LOL

The Super Bowl Halftime Show where old washed up formerly great musicians go to play one final time.

BTW I bet half these people they put on the field for the halftime show have no clue who Tom Petty is.

LOL

The Super Bowl Halftime Show where old washed up formerly great musicians go to play one final time.

BTW I bet half these people they put on the field for the halftime show have no clue who Tom Petty is.

I've yet to see anyone explain to me that this is better than Justin Timberlake possibly causing Janet Jackson to expose herself.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

LOL

I've yet to see anyone explain to me that this is better than Justin Timberlake possibly causing Janet Jackson to expose herself.

It's not that good but at least it isn't Michael Jackson and 3,500 local children.

Did anyone see The Declaration of Independence piece? I think it was the coolest thing I have ever seen in a Super Bowl pre-game show. I got chills watching it. Well done.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that got a little pumped up watching that piece.

I was ready to hit somebody.....

One odd thing I noticed about the halftime show: Three out of the four songs were from one album, namely Full Moon Fever - which was actually a Tom Petty solo record (without the Heartbreakers). That's like Led Zeppelin performing a set consisting mainly of Robert Plant solo material.

CCSLC signature.png

LOL

Um Tom Petty has more talent in his pinky then Justin Timberlake in his whole body.

Petty wrote his own songs, plays instruments you know real music not that synthesizer techno crap with digitizied effects on voices.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tom Petty can't dance like Justin Timberlake. Nor, dare I say it, sing as well.

True, but singing well on songs that really suck doesn't amount to much. I'll take lousy singing on great songs over singing well on pop bull- :censored: every time.

BB52Big.jpg

True, but singing well on songs that really suck doesn't amount to much. I'll take lousy singing on great songs over singing well on pop bull- :censored: every time.

Exactly

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

LOL

Um Tom Petty has more talent in his pinky then Justin Timberlake in his whole body.

Petty wrote his own songs, plays instruments you know real music not that synthesizer techno crap with digitizied effects on voices.

Tank...I was being slightly facetious over how the NFL's backlash to the wardrobe malfunction has been to trot out aging rockers for safe "family friendly" entertainment.

That said...can they book Foreigner for next year?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Different strokes for different folks. Some of us that enjoy going to clubs would much rather hear JT than Tom Petty on a Saturday night. Timberlake's music does have its place. And, compared to most pop stuff, it's actually not bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nor, has he touched a breast in years.

Tnak and Tom Petty have a lot in common....

... Well I touched a breast today.... ok it was a chicken breast.. does that count?

I saw, I came, I left.

Nor, has he touched a breast in years.

Tnak and Tom Petty have a lot in common....

... Well I touched a breast today.... ok it was a chicken breast.. does that count?

Only if you followed it up with a "honk honk".....

Archived