Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

I thought that tomorrow's game would be a close one...

Now, because I figure Belichek's probably gonna give the greatest pregame motivational of his life...the Pats are probably gonna dumptruck the Giants tomorrow. Big Blue better get the Motrin ready.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! sorry bud, that's just funny. Have you ever watched press conferences of Belichick? As I have stated before, you haven't - because that's not Belichick at the podium - that would be a robot. That monotonous tone and the lack of enthusiasm determines that strongly. He's not gonna give any inspirational talk at all. He'll be like, "We're playing the Giants. C'mon. Let's go." and that would be it. Big blue needs not worry.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, because I figure Belichek's probably gonna give the greatest pregame motivational of his life...the Pats are probably gonna dumptruck the Giants tomorrow. Big Blue better get the Motrin ready.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! sorry bud, that's just funny. Have you ever watched press conferences of Belichick? As I have stated before, you haven't - because that's not Belichick at the podium - that would be a robot. That monotonous tone and the lack of enthusiasm determines that strongly. He's not gonna give any inspirational talk at all. He'll be like, "We're playing the Giants. C'mon. Let's go." and that would be it. Big blue needs not worry.

He's not the fiery type...but he'll probably do something like he did when they played the Eagles...He basically read off the entire parade plans that the city of Philadelphia had, said a few words, then stormed off.

I'm guessing he's probably going to read every single piece of media that's been written about the Patriots, tell them that it's all true, and then walk off onto the field in a huff. It's not much...but that will probably fire the Patriots up.

You don't know what he does in the locker room. There have been a few recordings of him in the locker room after the game/during halftime and he is so much more human with his players. What you see on TV isn't necessarily what he is with his team. He clearly likes them more than the media.

You don't know what he does in the locker room. There have been a few recordings of him in the locker room after the game/during halftime and he is so much more human with his players. What you see on TV isn't necessarily what he is with his team. He clearly likes them more than the media.

I believe you, Gingy, but I just can't imagine that. Seeing Belichick even raise his personality level to 0.5 out of 10 is probably soemthing i'll only see in a wild dream. I've never seen a coach more boring and bland than Belechick.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I believe you, Gingy, but I just can't imagine that. Seeing Belichick even raise his personality level to 0.5 out of 10 is probably soemthing i'll only see in a wild dream. I've never seen a coach more boring and bland than Belechick.

There's no rule that says you have to yell and scream in order to motivate a team. In fact, I think the rah-rah :censored: only goes so far and only lasts so long. Eventually it just won't work anymore. I don't think the Patriots got to 18-0 without their coach doing at least a little motivating.

The Patriots win and win big tomorrow.

BB52Big.jpg

He just saves it for special occasions, I'm sure....but a guy THAT competitive is going to be capable of emoting in the locker room.

Yeah...I hadn't seen that report yet when I made my initial prediction. Get ready for a curb-stomping.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Here's one thing about these new allegations that occurred to me this morning.

Remember that Super Bowl XXXVI was the first Super Bowl after 9/11, and security for the game, and I presume for all related events including team practices, was at an all-time high. Yet some unauthorized guy with a video camera still managed to slip past both league and Rams' team security, not to mention however many levels of law enforcement were working the event?!? If these allegations are true, it tells me not only that the Pats cheated to win Super Bowl XXXVI, but that security, at least at the team and league levels, was woefully incompetent. This to me would a lot more worrisome in itself than the cheating. Suppose this cameraman had actually been a suicide terrorist with a bomb hidden in his camera?

Perhaps this is the real reason why Roger Goodell destroyed the evidence from the earlier investigation: not to cover up the Patriots' cheating, but because he found other indications that NFL Security wasn't up to snuff, and wanted to cover that up, lest (1) someone else try to take advantage of its shortcomings before Goodell could enact countermeasures, and (2) the teams, the media and the fans lose confidence in the league's ability to police itself.

CCSLC signature.png

Here's one thing about these new allegations that occurred to me this morning.

Remember that Super Bowl XXXVI was the first Super Bowl after 9/11, and security for the game, and I presume for all related events including team practices, was at an all-time high. Yet some unauthorized guy with a video camera still managed to slip past both league and Rams' team security, not to mention however many levels of law enforcement were working the event?!? If these allegations are true, it tells me not only that the Pats cheated to win Super Bowl XXXVI, but that security, at least at the team and league levels, was woefully incompetent. This to me would a lot more worrisome in itself than the cheating. Suppose this cameraman had actually been a suicide terrorist with a bomb hidden in his camera?

Perhaps this is the real reason why Roger Goodell destroyed the evidence from the earlier investigation: not to cover up the Patriots' cheating, but because he found other indications that NFL Security wasn't up to snuff, and wanted to cover that up, lest (1) someone else try to take advantage of its shortcomings before Goodell could enact countermeasures, and (2) the teams, the media and the fans lose confidence in the league's ability to police itself.

Never thought of that. You're on to something there.

And, besides, if the tapes are destroyed, and if Goodell looked into this very allegation months ago, the fact that it's coming out NOW seems to be nothing more than some disgruntled former employee trying to rattle his former employer. For one, why come out with it when you also say that your lawyers are telling you that you can't say anything else about it? If you don't have the proof right when you make a claim, then why are you opening your mouth? I know we have protected speech, but I'd be more than willing to support an expansion of libel and slander laws in these cases. Also, notice how you have the timing of the Moss allegations, only for the "victim" to supposedly fire her lawyer and postpone the hearing until March. Yeah, timing had nothing to do with that...

VmWIn6B.png

I KNEW IT !!! I said it first that the Patriots were cheaters well I guess cheaters do prosper so like Barry Bonds this perfect season gets a giant asterisk.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Specter is NOT amused by the latest allegations.

If these are true....I reserve the right to have a very volcanic outburst of anger. Profanity may be involved. Of course Goodell is also probably going to be chatting with Rams President John Shaw soon, reportedly (Rams may officially comment after that.)

Note-some of that outburst might be targeted at the Rams organization for being so :censored: ing stupid as to not asking what that Patriots cameraman was doing there.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is anyone watching the guy on ESPNEWS interview Mercury Morris. Morris is being a complete d!ck to the guy. He saying it is no more important that the Pats won 19 games compared to the Dolphins 17 wins. He was like "you've never been undefeated so you have no knowledge that 19 games is more impressive. 19 is no more impressive."

Douchebag.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Is anyone watching the guy on ESPNEWS interview Mercury Morris. Morris is being a complete d!ck to the guy. He saying it is no more important that the Pats won 19 games compared to the Dolphins 17 wins. He was like "you've never been undefeated so you have no knowledge that 19 games is more impressive. 19 is no more impressive."

Douchebag.

Tool he may be...but why do you keep shoving a mike in his face since we all know what he's going to say at this point? Maybe you should have been asking the tough questions to Goodell instead so the Government didn't feel compelled to intervene.

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Today, we are all otaku.

Douchebag.

Tool he may be...but why do you keep shoving a mike in his face since we all know what he's going to say at this point? Maybe you should have been asking the tough questions to Goodell instead so the Government didn't feel compelled to intervene.

Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

True, but you don't need to be a jerk about it.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

He just saves it for special occasions, I'm sure....but a guy THAT competitive is going to be capable of emoting in the locker room.

Yeah...I hadn't seen that report yet when I made my initial prediction. Get ready for a curb-stomping.

Yeah Osama bin Brady, as my friends call him, is going to crap all over Big Blue. We will see the destruction of the giants tonight!

Show of hands!

Who thought the ankle would be an issue for Brady?

That's what I thought. :rolleyes:

Today, we are all otaku.

Did anyone see The Declaration of Independence piece? I think it was the coolest thing I have ever seen in a Super Bowl pre-game show. I got chills watching it. Well done.

I had an eye on it but with the sound turned off. It looked positively ridiculous, but I guess I only got half of the presentation.

I'm settling in front of my TV with my homework in front of me. It's another awesome Super Bowl/Super Homework Sunday for me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived