Super Bowl XLII

rainmaker17

I'm going to sit here over the next two weeks and read comments about the Patriots cheating their way to the Super Bowl, and how Bill Belichick is the personification of sheer evil.

OK, I hate Boston sports as much as anyone but it's time to put this "cheating" thing into perspective. The Patriots got busted for using an illegally positioned camera to try to steal signals. Do we really believe that the other 31 NFL teams don't use their legally positioned cameras to try to snag some signals from the sidelines? Yes, The Patriots were caught but believing they are the only team to do it is like believing that the only baseball players using steroids are the ones who tested positive last season. Like it or not, this team isn't 18-0 because they stole defensive signals from The Jets.

Exactly. Why else wan't there a bigger deal made out of it by the rest of the teams in the league. it was the media that blew it up.

Because the other 31 teams knew the media can't properly explain the difference between what the Patriots did and what the other 31 teams did. Yes I'm sure the other teams tried to steal signals as well-but they would have encountered a lot less success methinks.

There have been quotes by NFL execs indicating that the Patriots may have been the only team to do exactly what they did in regards to cameras.

Yeah this team's 18-0 record is legit-but the success of this particular team with its dramatically revamped offense does nothing to relegitimize what every other Patriots team under Belichick has done.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one ever mentions the Patriots' past use of radio jammers for road teams in Foxboro. The Jaguars were mighty pissed about that back in 2003 (or was it 2005?), and that story was basically killed. They mentioned it briefly in the Jags/Pats pregame, but there was no other reaction.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I for one will be one of the biggest giants fans evar in the next two weeks. Hailing from Indianapolis, i know just about everyone from here rooted for whatever team the pats faced for the last 18 weeks, and for the last 18 weeks have been disappointed. Now more than ever I want to see the pats go down by the hands of peyton's little brother, so we can at least have family say they took out the pats.

If the pats win, it makes this offseason that much more awful and bitter, and make the wait seem like an eternity because of all the talk about the 19-0 team of 'destiny'.

BSanders02.png

coltspng6.pngpacerpng3.pngmore teams to come here

If the pats when, it makes this offseason that much more awful and bitter, and make the wait seem like an eternity because of all the talk about the 19-0 team of 'destiny'.

Hmm.. sounds like how I felt last year with Peyton.

It's about time a non-Patriot fan admitted that.

Agreed! :P

If the pats when, it makes this offseason that much more awful and bitter, and make the wait seem like an eternity because of all the talk about the 19-0 team of 'destiny'.

Hmm.. sounds like how I felt last year with Peyton.

And the Patriot fan's total lack of perspective eeks out once again. Your team has won three out of seven championships this decade. Does that mean you can't complain about not making and winning the Super Bowl one year? Yes, that's right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And the Patriot fan's total lack of perspective eeks out once again. Your team has won three out of seven championships this decade. Does that mean you can't complain about not making and winning the Super Bowl one year? Yes, that's right.

1. It was two years

2. I'm not complaining, just pointing out.

1. It was two years

2. I'm not complaining, just pointing out.

1. Oh poor you-I'm sure 3 of the last 4 before that makes up for it.

2. For some reason, I don't recall the Colts being feted all that much relative to the Patriots-and they weren't that annoying about it (ok their fans were a little, but bear in mind that I go to school 30 minutes from Indianapolis)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would make more about the jamming-but that tends to get ignored/falls on deaf ears/for some reason I sense the generic response would be "other teams do it as well."

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2. For some reason, I don't recall the Colts being feted all that much relative to the Patriots-and they weren't that annoying about it (ok their fans were a little, but bear in mind that I go to school 30 minutes from Indianapolis)

Listen, I'm not getting into any flamewars here, but I didn't ask for anyone's sympathy. And Peyton was the media god/darling the entire summer.

Listen, I'm not getting into any flamewars here, but I didn't ask for anyone's sympathy. And Peyton was the media god/darling the entire summer.

Huh? Sounded more like a lot of baseball talk to me over the summer. Unless it's different in New England-and if it is, I don't think Dr. Phil could even explain why that was....

Today, we are all otaku.

Huh? Sounded more like a lot of baseball talk to me over the summer. Unless it's different in New England-and if it is, I don't think Dr. Phil could even explain why that was....

Here we go again... :rolleyes: Maybe you two should book a show with Dr. Phil.

BB52Big.jpg

or a half way house with people with nothing to do

We'd get higher ratings on "Celebrity Deathmatch" :P

Today, we are all otaku.

JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY!

Dr. Phil is too busy following Britney around waiting for her to kill herself so he can be the first on the scene to give commentary on camera.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Turned off my TV talking about "DON'T GIVE FOX THE RATINGS!!!"

Do people seriously not realize that whether you yourself watch anything has no effect on its ratings unless you are in a survey-taking household for one of the ratings companies?

And yes, the Super Bowl sucks. I'll be eating junk food and making fun of Eli Manning's head the whole time anyways, so it's all good.

As a fan of any team you always want your team in the Super Bowl. Just getting there is an amazing feeling, going thru an entire season week in and week out to finally get your team in the big game is something to be proud of.

I have been a Giants fan for 19 years, since I was born.

It amazes me how many people wrote them off this entire season for every possible reason...

"Eli can't get it done" "Defense is weak" "No playmakers in the secondary"

"Without Tiki they will go nowhere" "Coughlin is washed up"

Yet now, the bandwagon is full of all those same people. And it amazes me how the "expert anaylists" pick against the Giants every week and they now say, "Well we knew this team was capable."

It is so frustrating to watch this happen, and all I can hope for is a HUGE giants win in glendale so we can prove the haters wrong.

giants.png200822112725.png

big blue wrecking crew

die hard since '88

Wait, here we go...

jerry.gifjerry.gifjerry.gif

lmao, really.

I will probably watch it to see the commercials, but if the pats take a huge lead or something on that line, i will probably just turn the tv off and avoid turning it back on, or reading any kind of media for 6 months - unless of the course the pacers make it to the finals, but who am i kidding.

BSanders02.png

coltspng6.pngpacerpng3.pngmore teams to come here

See this is why I was so disappointed when the Packers lost.... they were the last real threat to New England and they got beat before they could face them. We already saw what the Pats can do against NY.

BTW, a little odd trivia....these teams also met in the preseason this year....so they will have met in the preseason, regular season and postseason, and they aren't even in the same conference. Has that ever happened before?

espnsig.gif

Archived