Football Logos

random_ax

Personally, I think whenever possible, the logo should depict what the team name is.... I'm not a big fan of letter or word logos like the Bears C, Giants NY or Packer G. In the Bears case, it's because they have many alternatives better than a C when their name is the BEARS.

I don't really care how many stripes are on a helmet or even if they have stripes at all.

I don't mind the Ravens logo except for the B on the bird's head.

The helmets that I think are classic are the ones that are simple in nature but still depict the name of the team or give you a flaover of it. The Colts could have gone with a colt's head or entire body but they chose the simple horseshoe. The Chiefs could've chosen a logo similar to the Illini but they chose a simple arrowhead and the Eagles went with the wings on the brow of the helmet rather than something like a screaming eagle as they have had in a few alternate logos.

The Bengals ditched that awful "stenciled" BENGALS helmet and chose the tiger-striped one instead of using a leaping tiger which they were wise though to include on their shoulders.

I liked both the Patriot Pat and Bucco Bruce vintage helmets but I think the Pats look better with the Flying Elvis and the Bucs look better with the jolly roger than the cavalier Bruce and his "dreamsicle"orange.

And yes, I am one of the people who prefers the current "grape crush" bronco head to the previous snorter.

How do you guys judge a football log...tradition, color, style, how well it represents the name and city, the number of stripes, the absence of stripes....what criteria do you use when you say alogo sucks or rocks?

This again? How many topics/replies/trips to the graveyard do you need? Many will agree with you...many more will not.

I'm not looking for people who agree with me or not......I'm interested in what criteria they use when they say that a logo is good. I'm sure many hate the logos I like and like the logos I hate. I'm not trying to find otu which ones they like or hate actually...just what is it they use when they say they like or hate a logo.

I judge logos based on a complex scoring system, including both empirical mathematical data, and subjective impressions, that I can't be bothered to post. I will mention that it involved irrational numbers, scientific notation, and the use of a refurbished Cray supercomputer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You dudes are mean. The guy just wanted a simple answer. There's no sense in villifying him for it.

I tend to like logos that are simple and have a certain nostalgic, and almost timeless feel to them. Kinda like the Indianapolis Colts' horseshoe, the Indiana Pacers' 'P', and the Detroit Red Wings' 'Winged Wheel'.

As far as more modern logos go, I really like the Browns' 'B Football' logo, the Washington Capitals' new script logo, as well as the Nuggets' 'DN' logo with the mountains superimposed on it.

Examples of logos that wouldn't fit this criteria include the Tampa Bay Buccanneers' 'Jolly Roger'(even though it's a HUGE improvement over 'Bucco Bruce'), the Golden State Warriors' 'Crazy Techno Lightning Dude', and the Atlanta Thrashers' 'Birdie With a Hockey Stick Within a Shield-Shaped Crest' logo.

Sigs are for sissies.

Well, did you post similar threads?

Check the graveyard.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's a sports logo forum...they're ALL similar threads. LOL

I have posted threads rating the NFC and AFC helmets and threads saying why I didn't like the Bears helmet and one asking where to get Hamburg Sea Devil merchandise. But I never posted one asking people what their criteria for liking or disliking footballlogos was.

I have posted threads rating the NFC and AFC helmets and threads saying why I didn't like the Bears helmet and one asking where to get Hamburg Sea Devil merchandise. But I never posted one asking people what their criteria for liking or disliking footballlogos was.

Perhaps not directly, but in your other threads you set out the same criteria for what you like and don't like that you listed in the first post of this thread.

Before you were at the very least implicitly asking for others to chime in with their own opinions and reasons thereof, this time you made the request explicit.

Perhaps not directly, but in your other threads you set out the same criteria for what you like and don't like that you listed in the first post of this thread.

Before you were at the very least implicitly asking for others to chime in with their own opinions and reasons thereof, this time you made the request explicit.

\

So, what's the bad part about that? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just honestly don't know.

Sigs are for sissies.

Sheesh, rainmaker, should we just not have any posts here at all? Is that what you want?

I, for one, enjoy this topic and I will make comments about it later.

But badmouthing the topic, and the topic's creater, is out of line. You may not like the post, but others might. So let's quit whining, OK?

Not mean at all. He's had several threads just like this, and I pointed that out.

I have never had a thread that asked people to state what criteria they used in liking or disliking a football logo.

No...you just posted 4 different threads of hotlinked football logos from logoserver asking us to grade them on a A-F scale.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived