Redskins name Jim Zorn Head Coach

cappital92

OK, so I guess the 'Skins must've put all of their eggs in the Spagnuolo basket. What this tells me is that they had absolutely no back-up plan if Spags declined. Therefore, they hired Zorn.

This is going to be mighty interesting, to say the least.

Gee maybe he should have given the job to Gregg Williams like he promised, I don't blame Spagnola for turning him down, all the assistants have been picked by Snyder and Snyder is always in the way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lets hope that Zorn turns out better than any of the other Synder era coachs (Sans Gibbs of course).

nhlvquebec2mw0.pngnhlpittsburghmo1.pngmlsnewenglandei8.pngnflbaltimoreff1.pngncaaohiostatepx4.png

Interesting Baseball fact: In 1960: Baltimore, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh had 2 AAA affiliates, while Los Angeles had 3 teams...and the New York Yankees had the Kansas City Athletics.

Interesting Hockey fact: In 1974, the Buffalo Sabres draft Taro Tsujimoto of the Toyko Katanas with th 183 pick in the draft. It was later revealed that Taro didn't exist, but Taro is still listed as an offical draftee of the Buffalo Sabres in their Media Guide.

Why do you care? You're a Giants fan anyway. :P

I'm fine with the Zorn hire, honestly. Obviously, this couldn't have possibly been the master plan along and the team really looks foolish, but I think it may ultimately be a better decision than some retread or megalomaniac hotshot college coach (he'll be much easier to fire :P). Joe Gibbs 2nd administration vastly underachieved. I know people revere Coach Joe like he's a god, but he (and his staff) weren't getting it done. There needed to be a regime change. Gregg Williams was part of that underachieving regime and needed to go as well.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm fine with the Zorn hire, honestly. Obviously, this couldn't have possibly been the master plan along and the team really looks foolish, but I think it may ultimately be a better decision than some retread or megalomaniac hotshot college coach (he'll be much easier to fire :P). Joe Gibbs 2nd administration vastly underachieved. I know people revere Coach Joe like he's a god, but he (and his staff) weren't getting it done. There needed to be a regime change. Gregg Williams was part of that underachieving regime and needed to go as well.

that Redskins defense was a dominant force 3 out of the 4 years Gregg was here, i dont want to hear about how he underachieved. Jim Zorn is a very.....confusing hire. At least they took their time and didnt go for the "hot coordinator" out there, altho if there was anyone like that, it was Spagnoulo(sp?). Im just glad its not Fassel or Marriuci.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

that Redskins defense was a dominant force 3 out of the 4 years Gregg was here, i dont want to hear about how he underachieved. Jim Zorn is a very.....confusing hire. At least they took their time and didnt go for the "hot coordinator" out there, altho if there was anyone like that, it was Spagnoulo(sp?). Im just glad its not Fassel or Marriuci.

Dominant, my ass. This year's defense was good...but not great. Two years ago, the defense was better...bordering on great, I understand that. However, no one can deny that Gregg Williams was part of an overall underachieving Gibbs 2.0 regime. It's funny that you didn't want it to be Fassel or Mariucci, both of whom were successful head coaches in New York and San Francisco, respectively...and light years ahead of the Gregg Williams experience in Buffalo. I dislike retreads as much as the next guy, but if the choice is between a retread that was relatively successful and a retread that sucked out loud, I'm going with the retread that was relatively successful every damn time.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i just wonder what made him pick Zorn over Fassel, apparently Danny boy was so in love with Fassel before Gibbs came out of retirement, and had a couple interviews with him this time around. maybe Fassel just wasnt going to be a yesman? i dunno but its just a bit fishy to me. until Danny boy gets his little paws out of the cage i dont think this team will go far in the playoffs if they make it at all under Zorn. im very weary about this...not optimistic at all as a diehard Skins fan.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived