Seattle Octopodes Concept

Lee.

Primary logo for my other fantasy baseball team, the Seattle Octopodes.

Octopodes.png

Drawn freehand, scanned to a PDF on the work copier, sent it home, then traced and colored. I intentionally used the girly Tampa Rays colors, or reasonable facsimiles thereof.

C&C, but not if you're going to go out of your way to be a dick. I'm too old for that :censored:.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I would either get rid of or thicken the black outline (maybe make it dark blue as well). Besides that it looks pretty good, it has minor league/fantasy feel to it (in the good, family-friendly way).

Well, it's no Marinerzzz, but I love it, personally. I've got a cartoony style myself, so I'm diggin' the style here. Like mings said, I'd work with the outline, probably make it the darker blue, maybe thicken it. I've got no beef(or calimari, in this case...wait, crap, that's squid. Joke: failed.) with the colors -- they work well together. The only thing that stands out to me is that there's only one tentacle on the bat, but in order to change it, you'd have to redraw the whole damn thing, and I doubt you'd want to do that. I've got no problem with the one-arm swing...Pat Burrell can be your inspiration, but then the octopus has to miss when he swings.

As Shumway mentioned, the one tentacle on the bat makes it look like he's ready to assault a guy rather than hit a baseball. Outside of redrawing the tentacles, there isn't much you can do about that. On the plus side, it's not a total detraction.

The second thing I want to mention is the 2D-ness of some tentacles. You made an effort to give 3D shading on two of them (and they look good), but the other six look flat. Add simple 3D shading lines to the others and you've got a winner.

If you really want to go minor league-esque, you could give him your team's baseball cap.

Overall solid work.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I like what you've done Lammy, but my only suggestion, maybe turn the mouth around,reasoning is I don't know if it's mouth or a blow hole

What mouth? There is an utter lack of an oral cavity on my Octo.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Puget Sound's resident giant Pacific octopus (Octopus dofleini)

from this article

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/trav...woctopus17.html

So its a legit name, and I like the logo.

The onlt thing that bothers me now that I stare at it for a while is the second eye, it might be better if it is more on the front.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived