Mourning a canadian icon

zer0dotcom

I was planning on taking a sabatical from the online world duringmy reading week to unwind and get things straight, but with the news tonight, I had to make mention.

At the age of 86, Fernard Lachance has passed away. he is the man that one day saw a bowl of cheese curb sitting on the table. unable to decide wether or not to eat them or his french firies he had prepared, he placed both in his bowl, added a hot layer of gravy, and created a sensation. Thats right, Fernard Lachance is responcible for the most famous Canadian junk food inovation: poutine (which loosely tranlates to 'messy')

The residents of Warwick Quebec mourn his loss today, so where-ever you are, the next time you are at a restaurant, say "I would like a poutine please." as toast to a great man.

That's french fries with cheese and gravy.. you get it with your bacon double cheeseburger at the diner... That's not an invention... it's.... it's nothing man.. jesus....

You wacky canucks....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

so where-ever you are, the next time you are at a restaurant, say "I would like a poutine please." as toast to a great man.

I often tell my friends something similar to that. However, I usually say I want poontang, not poutine.

IUe6Hvh.png

I prefer the bastardized version that apparently got its start in Fort Worth Texas - french fries with melted white cheddar and topped with ranch dressing.  The dish was called Frog Fries in honor of nearby TCU.

Ahhh, White Castle, home of the slider...named no doubt, for the speed in which they cruise through your digestive system...

Personally, although Canadian, I have never seen the need for poutine.  Whenever I hear someone order one, I hear a sound like popcorn popping in another room...that happens to be your arteries slamming shut in anticipation of the cholesterolic treat to come.

Now chili fries? That's something special.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Since where did Gravy Fries with Cheese need a name? IT'S GRAVY FRIES WITH CHEESE!!! Stop giving the dumbest things their own little awful names people, would ya?

But God i do love me some gravy fries with cheese....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Since where did Gravy Friens with Cheese need a name? IT"S GRAVY FRIES WITH CHEESE!!!

Since when did a Hoagie need to be called a Hoagie? It's just a cheese steak with mayo and veggies on it. But we've become more accustomed to calling it a Hoagie, for whatever reason.

A Sloppy Joe is just ground beef and tomato sauce on a bun, but we call it a Sloppy Joe for no apparent reason.

For similar reasons, we Canadians refer to fries with gravy and cheese simply as Poutine.

~~~~~

STL FANATIC, you can make your own. Just take some fries, add gravy and some grated cheese (preferably mozzarella). Make sure it's gooey.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

wow, what do you call fries with 'slat'?

I have never head of cheese fries with gravy. Sounds like a quite filling, colon assult to me.

Now, as far as cheese fries, I love me some Steak and Shake Cheese fries. yum..

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived