Dallas Cowboys concept

Dave Ship

It's time for me to present my latest creation. Last but not the least here are the "new" Cowboys from Dallas.

One of the most glorious franchise of the history of the NFL throws me an hard challenge. Thinking about an update for such a classic team is not so easy so I tried to stay very conservative while giving them a more aggressive look.

C'mon take a look at whole project starting from the logos set.

Primary logo: the star will never abandon the Cowboys in the centuries to come. A star is integral part of the franchise and nobody can renunce to this logo. so I just give them a little update adding a silver internal line and a black background.

Secondary logo: here's the most controversial knot of the whole project. A blue cowboy hat with the Texas state inside. The first time I tried them out looks almost real that I decide to stick with it and don't touch it.

Script: I found that font on dafont.com and I didn't touch it. Just added a distorted original star and that's all. Blue, silver and black are the colors used.

Cowboys Stadium logo: an old logo I did several time ago that I want to propose again.

cowboysnewprimarydu5.jpg

cowboysnewsecondaryed7.jpg

cowboysnewscripttk9.jpg

cowboysnewstadiumpd4.jpg

Home: I kept their current color scheme, obviously. White jersey on silver pants to keep a strong link with the history of this franchise. The main update can be found on the sleeves stripes. As you can see I added a central silver stripe and a couple of white ones. I did it to give a more solid look to the whole jersey. Now the pants. The stripes at both sides start now from a couple of little stars that reclaim the design foundable on the jersey's sleeves.

I just added a little vintage stars at the bottom of each number.

For the home jersey I switched for a COWBOYS script.

Away: I just switched the color scheme because it looks very nice already in my opinion. I tried several other combos but no one suit as well as this one. Nothing much to add from the home uniform description. As you can see I used a DALLAS script for the away one because I think outside of the next Cowboys Stadium the team must represent the city the most.

Alternate: I'm crazy for monochrome look for the NFL so I tried to make one for the team I support. I choosed a full body blue this time. Switched the secondary logo with the primary to give a more modern and unique look.

Helmet Stick with their current one but with a bluefacemask. I tried out to use the secondary logo but it just doesn't say Cowboys to me.

cowboysnewhomecn2.jpg

cowboysnewawaytu6.jpg

cowboysnewalternatebz7.jpg

cowboysnewhelmetig4.jpg

I like the secondary, and the striping patterns on the uniforms, as well as the silver used (hate the greenish-silver currently used on the whites).

I don't like just about everything else. I hate the font, especially on the jerseys. The more royal blue to me looks about a billion times better than the navy ever does, I don't like the arbitrary and unnecessary use of black, think the logo with such little change but no good change is a downgrade.

I appreciate what you attempted, but just don't like much of the end result.

Great looking concepts - I love the text with the star. Nice unis too! Well done beatnik.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

All look great except for the numbers...font is not a good match. Adding the star in the number is a bit too soccer for me. Otherwise the overall design is great!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Thankfully you removed all the black from the uniform. But now you added black to the main logo which creates 4 outlines (white, blue, gray and black). I would of kept the star the way it is. Other than that, great job.

The good: Nice striping on the jerseys and pants. The stadium logo is nice, but should be blue. The secondary logo is beautiful (except the black)! I also really like the blue facemask.

The bad: I bet you can guess my first one.... get rid of the black. I'm also not keen on the font. It's not nearly western enough for a team like the Cowboys. I like what you tried to do with the stars in the numerals, but it's too futbol (as opposed to football). Also, the logo on the hip of the navy pants should face forward. Finally, I would like to see it with the greenish silver, but that's a personal preference.

I like the cowboy hat and Texas logo. I think you should try a grey hat instead of a blue hat. I think it would look better. I was also thinking how coach Landry wore a fadora, you could make a throwback logo of Texas and a fadora.

For some reason, I look at all of this and think "Detroit Lions", especially when I look at the secondary logo. I think right now, the Cowboys and Lions don't look much alike, but with this concept, they look similar.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

These are ok. The thing that bothers me most is the secondary logo. The shading and shadowing in the hat contrasts way to much with the flat Texas graphic that it would never look right to me.

I do like the improvement on the number font, though. Much better than the original you had, which looked very cut off. I think you should find a happy medium between the two. The idea of a star in each numeral actually could work, I think.

I'm not to keen on the all-blue, either. I would scrap that idea.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived