2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Well the Angels won again 6-4,

But it wasn't just another Angels victory... ugh

K-Rod is going to give me a heart attack.

Angels lead 6-0 in the bottom of the 9th. K-rod then has 3 walks, a hit batter, and 4 runs score before recording the 3rd out and the victory... it was his 59th save. This come a day after the Teixeira hit a 2-run homer in the top of the 9th to take a 2-0 lead but then the Angels would lose on a K-rod throwing error in the bottom of the 9th...

Whoever wants K-Rod can have him,

I'm just about done with his antics

Quick question (since I haven't been following the story that much); does K-Rod completely want out of LA, or is he just testing the market? 'Cause I'm guessing the Angels would throw a lot of cash his way if he does decide to stay there.

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the Angels won again 6-4,

But it wasn't just another Angels victory... ugh

K-Rod is going to give me a heart attack.

Angels lead 6-0 in the bottom of the 9th. K-rod then has 3 walks, a hit batter, and 4 runs score before recording the 3rd out and the victory... it was his 59th save. This come a day after the Teixeira hit a 2-run homer in the top of the 9th to take a 2-0 lead but then the Angels would lose on a K-rod throwing error in the bottom of the 9th...

Whoever wants K-Rod can have him,

I'm just about done with his antics

Quick question (since I haven't been following the story that much); does K-Rod completely want out of LA, or is he just testing the market? 'Cause I'm guessing the Angels would throw a lot of cash his way if he does decide to stay there.

No, he doesnt want out and he isn't "testing" the market...

He thinks he can control the market and is going to as for $20+ Million a year in his next deal. Frankie would love to stay here. And as fed up with him as I said I was, he is still a phenomenal talent. I would like to keep him, just not at that price.

That's the same way management feels. They love K-Rod and he gets the job done. They just aren't willing to give him the money he is going to be asking for. Especially this off-season with Teixeira, Rivera, Figgins, Garland, and Anderson's option for next year. And next year they have to re-sign Lackey and Guerrero.

K-Rod asked for $20 million last year, but arbitration only gave hime $18 million (yeah, travesty right :rolleyes: ). And with him getting the save record this year, he and his agent are going to be going hard after his money.

Plus, the owner Arte Moreno has his "Vlad Guerrero rule" where he won't pay anybody more than Vlad (he's earning $20mil), who he sees as the most important player on the team (although I think if Arte has any sense, which I'm pretty sure he does, he'll change the Vlad rule to the Tex rule and pay Teixeira the money which will be between $22-25million). Arte also has a budget in mind, so he can't just be doling out money like candy.

I think the priorities are Teixiera, Figgins, Anderson, Rivera, Garland, K-Rod and in that order personally. Tex is far and away one of the best 1st basemen in the league. Figgins is an important cog in the offense. Garret has 1 or 2 more productive years left before he retires (and he wants to stay here and retire as an Angel like Tim Salmon did). Rivera is an awesome back-up outfielder and amazing pinch hitter (much better than that overpaid fool Matthews Jr.), but I could see him being let go because of all the outfielders we have and how much there is invested in Matthews Jr, unless the Angels could work a trade to let him go. Garland is expendable only because they have Kelvim Escobar coming back next year and the Angels already have 4 other solid starters (Lackey, Santana, Saunders, Weaver). And as for K-Rod, if he does end up asking and not backing down from his $20+million figure then he will most definitely be gone. The Angels have many solid replacements and tons of young talent already in the system. K-Rod does have some amazing talent, but the Angels have many others waiting in the wings to take his spot (Sheilds and Arredondo especially)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

A three Home Run night for Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria vs. the Twins.

He has more than likely locked up AL Rookie of the Year, and the Rays continue to look unbeatable.

...aaaaaand nevermind. The Twins put up a 5-spot in the 9th to win. Maybe the Red Sox still have a shot at the East.

6uXNWAo.png

Wait...if he came into the game with a 6-0 lead how did he get the save? Were there runners on upon his entrance?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Wait...if he came into the game with a 6-0 lead how did he get the save? Were there runners on upon his entrance?

Well actually, sorry my bad guys. I was flipping back and forth between the game and something else, so when I came back in the 9th, there were 3 guys on base, 1 out, and K-Rod was on the mound with a 6-1 lead. I thought he had been in all inning to get some work or something. (Looking back that was a silly assumption since he pictched and blew the game last night)

The 9th started with Bulger pitching and he hit a batter and walked a guy. Jose Arredondo came in and walked the first guy, gave up an RBI single and struck out a hitter before K-Rod was called in. He walked home one run, another run scored on a force play and he gave up an RBI single to Kurt Suzuki before getting Mike Sweeny on a groundball to end the 9th.

So here was K-Rod's line today Save, 2/3 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk, 0 earned runs. All four runs scored in the 9th were attributed to Bulger and Arredondo.

I misspoke, sorry. I just jumped to a conclusion.

My bad

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Phillies polish off the Braves and finish their third sweep of Atlanta at Turner Field this season. If the Phils do nothing else the rest of the way, this feat still stands. 9-0 in Atlanta against the Braves in 2008. Only a team in the 4-team AL West could be more dominant in another team's home park in one season.

Phils have won seven straight and take their act to Miami to play in front of friends and family. Marlins have won 8 in a row so something has to give.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Phillies get 2 runs in the top of the 1st without a hit out of the infield (walk/IF single/E3 through the legs/wild pitch)

10 minutes later, it's 5-2 Marlins and still no outs :cursing:

10 more minutes later, it's 5-4 :wacko:

Brett Myers was just forced to go into the clubhouse and put on a long-sleeved undershirt, because the tattoo on his wrist was distracting the Marlins hitters (though they somehow still managed to score five first-inning runs before the first out was recorded.)

EDIT: Unbelievable. Ryan Howard puts the Phillies in the lead. As much as he sucked from April through August, he's been the man in September.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Brett Myers was just forced to go into the clubhouse and put on a long-sleeved undershirt, because the tattoo on his wrist was distracting the Marlins hitters (though they somehow still managed to score five first-inning runs before the first out was recorded.)

Tattoo or not, the Phils are up now 6-5 on the Fish. Ryan Howard is a freaking beast in September!

And the Brewers are getting CRUSHED by the Reds tonight. You think they have any regrets when it comes to canning Ned Yost?... :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Tattoo or not, the Phils are up now 6-5 on the Fish. Ryan Howard is a freaking beast in September!

And the Brewers are getting CRUSHED by the Reds tonight. You think they have any regrets when it comes to canning Ned Yost?... :lol:

You say that as if they weren't struggling with Yost. And a manager has such a minimal impact on a baseball game -- I think maybe it's just this Brewers teams make-up. The bigger the games get, the smaller they do.

IUe6Hvh.png

With a win either tomorrow or Sunday over Minnesota, the Tampa Bay Rays would clinch a spot in the postseason dance.

Incredible.

Well we knew they would make it a very long time ago... unless that's not what you mean.

I think his point is no one at all saw this coming in April. Jesus still doesn't believe it.

With a win either tomorrow or Sunday over Minnesota, the Tampa Bay Rays would clinch a spot in the postseason dance.

Incredible.

Well we knew they would make it a very long time ago... unless that's not what you mean.

I think his point is no one at all saw this coming in April. Jesus still doesn't believe it.

Unfortunately the fans are stuck in 2007 or something.

The Cubs will clinch the NL Central with a win or Brewers loss

Phils got steamrolled by the Fish last night 14-8, and combined with the Mets' 9-5 win, the Mets jump back into 1st place. The magic number is 7 for both teams to reach the playoffs.

FOX today:

9% of the country gets Brewers/Reds. Milwaukee.....Ohio.....and Philly!

Everyone else gets Cardinals/Cubs or Twins/Rays

Nothing like a good old-fashioned donnybrook in September between two non-contenders. ^_^

cle_det.jpg

Fausto Carmona going "Nolan Ryan" on Gary Sheffield

Sheffield is and always has been an a-hole.

Him and Jeff Kent are two guys that I will always enjoy much schadenfreude from.

Archived