2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

I hope he returns to Toronto next year. Take Heilman too

I would LOVE to see the Mets sign Eric Gagne after they miss out on the K-Rod sweepstakes. :D

That slob isn't going to be in baseball next year. Even the Mets aren't that foolhardy.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that happens the Mets will blow more then 100 saves.

Seriously the Mets are a better team then the Phillies you will never convince me any different if the Mets blowpen had not blown half of the 18 games since the ASG they would have won the division easily. The Mets lineup is almost as good as the Phillies and the starting five is the best in the NL. But that god damned blowpen, it is the worst pen I have ever seen on a contender. They must sign K-Rod and get 3 or 4 good middle relievers.

They dont need starters, they need to re-sign Oliver Perez which may be hard with satan as his agent, but think they will bring him back. They need to get Pelfrey healthy and hop Jonathan Niese is ready next year at some point.

Santana is an ace

Pelfrey is developing into a star

Pedro may be done and gone so they may need a fifth starter

The lineup is fine, they should try to dump Luis Castillo, and sign Orlando Hudson, buts that's about it.

Daniel Murphy is going to be a star, hes got batting champ written all over him, hes got a sweet swing and a full season next year he will be in the top five in average.

Delgado earned another year, and if they can keep Church healthy they should be fine.

The pen needs to be completely redone

Joe Smith he deserves a chance to stay other then that everyone MUST go

Maybe you give Sanchez a chance to and hope he can get his velocity back.

Heilman I cant stand to see him and his loser face he has the face of a loser.

Feliciano can only get Lefties out and he is not always good at that

Schowenweis has always sucked

But the key is K-Rod they need a dependable ninth inning man, and Wagner is out for the entire year.

TEAM is the key word here. TEAM. Your bullpen is a part of it, too. Accept it. Another word that comes to mind is HEART. Talent alone doesn't win at this level. Having guys like Delgado last year say "We're so good that sometimes we get bored" doesn't help the cause either. You can piss and wine about having a more talented team, but the BETTER TEAM is the team that puts it all together and gets it done when it matters the most. Maybe you'll realize that one day if you ever lose the eliteist New York attitude that your fan base seems to have.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

If that happens the Mets will blow more then 100 saves.

Seriously the Mets are a better team then the Phillies you will never convince me any different if the Mets blowpen had not blown half of the 18 games since the ASG they would have won the division easily. The Mets lineup is almost as good as the Phillies and the starting five is the best in the NL. But that god damned blowpen, it is the worst pen I have ever seen on a contender. They must sign K-Rod and get 3 or 4 good middle relievers.

They dont need starters, they need to re-sign Oliver Perez which may be hard with satan as his agent, but think they will bring him back. They need to get Pelfrey healthy and hop Jonathan Niese is ready next year at some point.

Santana is an ace

Pelfrey is developing into a star

Pedro may be done and gone so they may need a fifth starter

The lineup is fine, they should try to dump Luis Castillo, and sign Orlando Hudson, buts that's about it.

Daniel Murphy is going to be a star, hes got batting champ written all over him, hes got a sweet swing and a full season next year he will be in the top five in average.

Delgado earned another year, and if they can keep Church healthy they should be fine.

The pen needs to be completely redone

Joe Smith he deserves a chance to stay other then that everyone MUST go

Maybe you give Sanchez a chance to and hope he can get his velocity back.

Heilman I cant stand to see him and his loser face he has the face of a loser.

Feliciano can only get Lefties out and he is not always good at that

Schowenweis has always sucked

But the key is K-Rod they need a dependable ninth inning man, and Wagner is out for the entire year.

TEAM is the key word here. TEAM. Your bullpen is a part of it, too. Accept it. Another word that comes to mind is HEART. Talent alone doesn't win at this level. Having guys like Delgado last year say "We're so good that sometimes we get bored" doesn't help the cause either. You can piss and wine about having a more talented team, but the BETTER TEAM is the team that puts it all together and gets it done when it matters the most. Maybe you'll realize that one day if you ever lose the eliteist New York attitude that your fan base seems to have.

I gotta agree. The Bullpen is part of the team. If you're mad at the bullpen then you should also be mad at the starters for not throwing a complete game every time out and you should be mad at the offense for not scoring more runs. You need a good bullpen to win in this league, but you also need good starters and a good offense, defense too. Without every part working together you aren't even in the wild card race.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's really a mess that the Mets pitchers have to throw a CG game in order to have a shot at closing games late nowadays.

That said, ESPN just reported that Minaya got a 4 year contract extension. I wonder how Tank feels about that.

Β 

Β 

Anybody got a wakizashi for Tank?

Well, I got the link first!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I gotta agree. The Bullpen is part of the team. If you're mad at the bullpen then you should also be mad at the starters for not throwing a complete game every time out and you should be mad at the offense for not scoring more runs. You need a good bullpen to win in this league, but you also need good starters and a good offense, defense too. Without every part working together you aren't even in the wild card race.

I agree.

I'm tired of hearing Mets fans (not all, but a few) with the "we're still better than you even though we didn't win" nonsense. I'd like to think that the Mets and Phillies match up just about evenly -- good offense, good defense, decent bench, and excellent starters. But the bullpen has been a major issue the last few years, and guys like Madson and Romero are pitching well, and that's been a big key the last two seasons.

I agree with Tank, though, Aaron Heilman is garbage. I think the Mets will still limp into the playoffs, but you can't tell me that they stand a chance against the Cubbies.

philly.png

No its over Johan does not have it tonight and they are flat, its the curse of Luis Castillo and as soon as Jerry Manuel realizes him playing hurts the team maybe they can stop this free fall. The two months in which the Mets played their best ball was the two months Castillo was on the DL not a coincidence.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You gotta take the lumps as they come Tank. The Braves should be competing with you and the Phils, but the Braves had key players got injured. You win some years, you lose some years. That's how the cookies crumble.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

But two :censored:ing years in a row, the Mets are the most tortured fans in baseball now especially if the Cubs win the World Series.

2 measly years of suffering compared to 100+ for the Cubbies? COME ON NOW!

Β 

Β 

But two :censored:ing years in a row, the Mets are the most tortured fans in baseball now especially if the Cubs win the World Series.

It's been 8 years since the Mets won the NL pennant, and 22 since their last World Series championship.

On behalf of all Cubs fans... :cursing:

6uXNWAo.png

So many teams have it much worse though. At least we're in contention, choking or not

EDIT: I believe the Mets have finally woken up. 2 run 5th, now a 4 run 6th win 1 out. Reyes with a 3 RBI Triple

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

You need a good bullpen to win in this league, but you also need good starters and a good offense, defense too. Without every part working together you aren't even in the wild card race.

What's weird is the Jays had the best bullpen in the majors, followed by one of best (if not top) rotations, and they led the league in fielding percentage... but without your offense -- you can't expect your pitching to hold the other team to 0 or 1 runs every game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

You need a good bullpen to win in this league, but you also need good starters and a good offense, defense too. Without every part working together you aren't even in the wild card race.

What's weird is the Jays had the best bullpen in the majors, followed by one of best (if not top) rotations, and they led the league in fielding percentage... but without your offense -- you can't expect your pitching to hold the other team to 0 or 1 runs every game.

I propose a trade Brian Tallet for Aaron Heilman, Luis Castillo, Scott Schowenweis and a pair of Shea Seats and those aint cheap ($869)

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived