2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

RUnners on 3rd with no outs in innings 7, 8, and 9.

And they score ONE run on a bases loaded walk by Ramon Martinez. No, not THAT Ramon Martinez. The crappy infielder Ramon Martinez.

All they needed was a goddamn fly ball or something. But I guess just putting the ball in play was too much to ask for.

Disgraceful.

At least the Rangers open up in Prague next Saturday.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the Phils game last night and its bad to say that the most interesting things were the little "scare" before the game and the benches clearing for nothing. They just looked flat, except for the two solo homers, and Myers had one of those bad first innings again. Hopefully this off day will help them get focused again.

But thank you Mets for not taking advantage of what the Phillies left there last night.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I was at the Phils game last night and its bad to say that the most interesting things were the little "scare" before the game and the benches clearing for nothing. They just looked flat, except for the two solo homers, and Myers had one of those bad first innings again. Hopefully this off day will help them get focused again.

But thank you Mets for not taking advantage of what the Phillies left there last night.

You mean this scare?: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/base...s.ap/index.html

:blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

Hypothetical, the Mets manage not blow this again and get into the playoffs. How far are they going? At this point, the National League looks like it's sending the Chicago Cubs to the world Series.

One and done. I don't see them beating anyone. Philly is in their heads. The Cubs are in their heads. The Dodgers are playing loose, having fun, and they have Manny and better pitching. The only team I see The Mets beating in the playoffs would be The Brewers simply because The Brewers are hacking it up just like The Mets are. And for The Mets to play The Brewers a whole bunch of :censored:-ed up stuff has to happen. So to answer your question, The Mets, on the very slim chance they don't blow it beforehand, will be dismissed very quickly in the playoffs.

EDIT: My mistake. Actually not that many things need to happen for The Mets and Brewers to both get in. They both just need to find a way to loosen the death grip their collars have on their throats. In any case, neither of them will make much noise.

BB52Big.jpg

not that many things need to happen for The Mets and Brewers to both get in.

they just need the Phillies to get swept at home by the Nationals while going 3-1 or 4-0 themselves, that's all. ^_^

OK maybe a whole bunch of :censored: does need to happen. What can I say? I was a liberal arts major. Math isn't our strong suit. :D

The point still remains, neither The Mets or Brewers will last very long.

BB52Big.jpg

The Mets just need to get in though I want to use my NLCS ticket, they cant let two collapses happen in a row.

I've had press box access to the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals and a ticket to Game 7 of the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals... neither happened because of teams from Pennsylvania. Don't trust the Phillies.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You mean this scare?: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/base...s.ap/index.html

:blink:

haha I know I know. When I heard that on the radio on the way home, I said that ruined any good story I could've told. "yeah there was a bomb scare at the Phillies game... But it was hot dogs"

But in the moment it seemed legit. We heard them detonate it then I saw the guy in the whole bomb proof suit go in and check the area. But like Chad Durbin said, better to blow up some hot dogs than a real bomb.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

D-Backs loss clinches it, right?

Yes sir.

Cardinals 12, Diamondbacks 3 - Final

Your 2008 NL West Champions are the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Congrats to Joe Torre, he continues HIS postseason streak. That man has to be one of the best, if not THE best, managers in baseball.

D-Backs loss clinches it, right?

Yes sir.

Cardinals 12, Diamondbacks 3 - Final

Your 2008 NL West Champions are the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Congrats to Joe Torre, he continues HIS postseason streak. That man has to be one of the best, if not THE best, managers in baseball.

Exactly.

You've gotta feel good for a guy like Joe Torre, who was pretty much shown the door in New York after leading the Yankees all those pennants and titles.

6uXNWAo.png

It looks like the Cubs will be resting up against the Mets tonight. Soriano, Lee, Ramirez, Soto and DeRosa are all getting the night off.

(Let's see if the Mets can't find a way to lose this one! :lol:)

Edit: Right off the bat, Micah Hoffpauir and Casey McGehee make it 2-0 Cubs.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived