2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

With Boston's 5-4 win over Cleveland, the New York Yankees have officially been eliminated from playoff contention.

... or, more importantly, the Sox have clinched!

Nah, it's more important that the Yanks are done. :P

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the Mets must hold on, nothing is better then playing in October and the Yankees are watching, because it shuts up Michael the Piaus, and the loud mouth Yankee fans.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Now the Mets must hold on, nothing is better then playing in October and the Yankees are watching, because it shuts up Michael the Piaus, and the loud mouth Yankee fans.

Just like the massive collapse last year shut up Mets fans.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Hank Steinbrenner running his mouth off once again.

Here was the best:

"The biggest problem is the divisional setup in Major League Baseball," Steinbrenner wrote. "I didn't like it in the 1970s, and I hate it now. Baseball went to a multi-division setup to create more races, rivalries and excitement. But it isn't fair.

"You see it this season, with plenty of people in the media pointing out that Joe Torre and the Dodgers are going to the playoffs while we're not. This is by no means a knock on Torre -- let me make that clear -- but look at the division they're in. If L.A. were in the AL East, it wouldn't be in the playoff discussion. The AL East is never weak.

This coming from a guy whose team has basically played in a two-team race since the 90s. Hilarious.

Here was the best:

"The biggest problem is the divisional setup in Major League Baseball," Steinbrenner wrote. "I didn't like it in the 1970s, and I hate it now. Baseball went to a multi-division setup to create more races, rivalries and excitement. But it isn't fair.

"You see it this season, with plenty of people in the media pointing out that Joe Torre and the Dodgers are going to the playoffs while we're not. This is by no means a knock on Torre -- let me make that clear -- but look at the division they're in. If L.A. were in the AL East, it wouldn't be in the playoff discussion. The AL East is never weak.

This coming from a guy whose team has basically played in a two-team race since the 90s. Hilarious.

That man is such an idiot.

The Dodgers being in a weaker division is unfair... but outspending them by $90 million isn't?

IUe6Hvh.png

Here was the best:

The Dodgers being in a weaker division is unfair... but outspending them by $90 million isn't?

Is anybody going to touch the issue of the Dodgers playing in a different League...so they would never compete for a playoff spot with the Yankees anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Hank had his way the AL would look like this

AL East

1. Yankees

2. Nationals

3. Durham Bulls

4. Newark Bears

5. Syracuse Chiefs

AL Central

1. Royals

2. Tigers

3. Indians

4. Iowa Cubs

5. Pirates

AL West

1. Rangers

2. A's

3. Mariners

4. Padres

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Here was the best:

Is anybody going to touch the issue of the Dodgers playing in a different League...so they would never compete for a playoff spot with the Yankees anyway.

Well, he's talking about how people say Joe Torre's going to the playoffs while the Yankees aren't, and just saying they'd be going to the playoffs if they had the benefit of playing in the worst division in baseball, as opposed to the best.

IUe6Hvh.png

*sigh*

Brett Myers has turned into... well... Brett Myers. So much for getting out of the first round. Oh well - at least we're not the Mutts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here was the best:

I'm a Yankee fan and I agree Hank Steinbrenner is an idiot. Of course he didn't mention the Yankees benefited from the division format in 2000 and 2001 (when they won and went to the World Series) because they were able to get into the playoffs with the 3rd or 4th best record in the AL.

The fact is he, the Steinbrenner family, and Yankee execs have egg on their face with the Torre situation. They fired him, despite making the playoffs every year as manager, because he couldn't get them in the World Series since 2003. Now that he is gone the Yankees have now missed the playoffs (and for the record let me state that it is not Joe Girardi's fault) it looks bad. The fact is despite spending as much money as they have the team is poorly built and has been since 2002. Because of the money they spend they at worst can be mediocre but that doesn't mean they still aren't a poorly built team. The Yankees for the last few years shouldn't have even made the playoffs, they did in large part IMO because Joe Torre.

Well its over for the Mets Brewers now lead the Wild Card and the Mets just like today's game wont overcome it, with Pedro going tomorrow its no chance for a win. You can only blow four runs leads so much

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Well its over for the Mets Brewers now lead the Wild Card and the Mets just like today's game wont overcome it, with Pedro going tomorrow its no chance for a win. You can only blow four runs leads so much

How is the game even over?? The Mets are down by ONE RUN in the 8th! And even IF the Cubs hold on and Milwaukee wins, the Mets will still be in a tie for the Wild Card.

Really though, why do you even root for the Mets, Tank? It seems like you're always talking about how terrible and pathetic they are, as if you're some kind of Phillies fan. And if I recall, you jumped off the Mets bandwagon in June -- So how about you just stay off for everyone's sanity! Thanks.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived