2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Mets are now dead team walking its the same exact pattern as last year, I guess its Brewers Phillies next week who should send portions of their bonuses to the heartless Mets bullpen.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well the Mets are now dead team walking its the same exact pattern as last year, I guess its Brewers Phillies next week who should send portions of their bonuses to the heartless Mets bullpen.

You can't blame the Mets bullpen for (Cubs starting pitcher) Jason Marquis' grand slam.

6-2 Cubs in the 4th.

6uXNWAo.png

Quick NL recap: Phillies, D-Backs win. Mets lose. Brewers, Dodgers off.

Philadelphia leads New York by 2.5 in the East.

Los Angeles leads Arizona by 2 in the West.

New York leads Milwaukee by 1 for the Wild Card.

Chicago has clinched home field for the NL playoffs.

6uXNWAo.png

If that happens the Mets will blow more then 100 saves.

Seriously the Mets are a better team then the Phillies you will never convince me any different if the Mets blowpen had not blown half of the 18 games since the ASG they would have won the division easily. The Mets lineup is almost as good as the Phillies and the starting five is the best in the NL. But that god damned blowpen, it is the worst pen I have ever seen on a contender. They must sign K-Rod and get 3 or 4 good middle relievers.

They dont need starters, they need to re-sign Oliver Perez which may be hard with satan as his agent, but think they will bring him back. They need to get Pelfrey healthy and hop Jonathan Niese is ready next year at some point.

Santana is an ace

Pelfrey is developing into a star

Pedro may be done and gone so they may need a fifth starter

The lineup is fine, they should try to dump Luis Castillo, and sign Orlando Hudson, buts that's about it.

Daniel Murphy is going to be a star, hes got batting champ written all over him, hes got a sweet swing and a full season next year he will be in the top five in average.

Delgado earned another year, and if they can keep Church healthy they should be fine.

The pen needs to be completely redone

Joe Smith he deserves a chance to stay other then that everyone MUST go

Maybe you give Sanchez a chance to and hope he can get his velocity back.

Heilman I cant stand to see him and his loser face he has the face of a loser.

Feliciano can only get Lefties out and he is not always good at that

Schowenweis has always sucked

But the key is K-Rod they need a dependable ninth inning man, and Wagner is out for the entire year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hope he returns to Toronto next year. Take Heilman too

I would LOVE to see the Mets sign Eric Gagne after they miss out on the K-Rod sweepstakes. :D

I read something somewhere that said Minaya would not go after K-Rod and prefer to find a solution in house. His reasoning being that they are on the hook for Wagner's contract next season and K-Rod will command too much.

However, I don't see how he can't go after K-Rod and some serious middle relief help especially considering last year and what is going on this season. The Mets' bullpen is just plain atrotious.

Archived