2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

As for the Nats Im still ticked at the last two weeks from last year they went 1-6 against the Phillies and 5-1 against the Mets and played every game against the Mets like it was Game 7, using the 40-man roster to use 10 pitchers to go lefty righty starting in the 6th inning some games.

So we agree never to bring this up again?

NJTank Posted Today, 22:05

They better sweep that team, my god the Nats are awful they look like they could not beat the Newark Bears.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cubs finished off a sweep of Atlanta this evening, as the Braves' Mark Kotsay hit for the cycle in a losing effort.

For the record, I would like to say that the cycle is the most overrated stat/achievement in all of baseball, if not all of sports. To be honest, I am just as impressed by a player who hits two HRs in a single game as I am with a player getting a single, double, triple and homerun.

6uXNWAo.png

The Cubs finished off a sweep of Atlanta this evening, as the Braves' Mark Kotsay hit for the cycle in a losing effort.

For the record, I would like to say that the cycle is the most overrated stat/achievement in all of baseball, if not all of sports. To be honest, I am just as impressed by a player who hits two HRs in a single game as I am with a player getting a single, double, triple and homerun.

Its not overrated, a cycle is almost as rare as a No Hitter.

And the Mets just better beat the Nats, that team is pathetic, the team the Mets played today was not the pesky team that was there in May or Last year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

All the cycle is is an oddity. However, I believe in total throughout history they are rarer than a no-hitter in terms of occurrences.

(By the way, the Mets have 9 cycles, 0 no hitters. Go figure.)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Dear Nationals,

You suck, you honestly do.

Just firggen try is that too much to ask when you play the :censored:ing Phillies? You try like hell when you play the Mets. Thats all I ask give the same effort. I know its a tradition for DC Baseball teams to utterly suck, but its a new milenium, and its a new league. First in War, First in Peace and Last in the American League. I get that it was a cool tradition, but come on give us a break and stop rolling over and playing dead when the Phillies come to town.

Yours Trully,

NJTank

Pardon the plagiarism ...

Dear Nationals,

Just firggen try is that too much to ask when you play the :censored: ing Phillies Mets? You try like hell when you play the Mets cards in the clubhouse. Thats all I ask give the same effort. I know its a tradition for DC Baseball teams to utterly suck, but its a new milenium, and its a new league. First in War, First in Peace and Last in the American League. I get that it was a cool tradition, but come on give us a break and stop rolling over and playing dead when the Phillies Mets come to town.

Yours Trully,

NJTankVandyDelphia Mike

The Mets have retaken sole possession of first in the NL East, but it's not like the Phillies have not overcome deficits to the Mets in the last 12 months. It's mental with the Fightins ... or do you mean to tell me that Aaron Rowand was that critical to the clubhouse karma?

And I see the Eric Valent Mets cycle and call with a Phillies David Bell cycle. David Bell hit a triple?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Dear Nationals,

Just firggen try is that too much to ask when you play the :censored:ing Phillies? You try like hell when you play the Mets. Thats all I ask give the same effort. I know its a tradition for DC Baseball teams to utterly suck, but its a new milenium, and its a new league. First in War, First in Peace and Last in the American League. I get that it was a cool tradition, but come on give us a break and stop rolling over and playing dead when the Phillies come to town.

Yours Trully,

NJTank

Pardon the plagiarism ...

Dear Nationals,

Just firggen try is that too much to ask when you play the :censored: ing Phillies Mets? You try like hell when you play the Mets cards in the clubhouse. Thats all I ask give the same effort. I know its a tradition for DC Baseball teams to utterly suck, but its a new milenium, and its a new league. First in War, First in Peace and Last in the American League. I get that it was a cool tradition, but come on give us a break and stop rolling over and playing dead when the Phillies Mets come to town.

Yours Trully,

NJTankVandyDelphia Mike

The Mets have retaken sole possession of first in the NL East, but it's not like the Phillies have not overcome deficits to the Mets in the last 12 months. It's mental with the Fightins ... or do you mean to tell me that Aaron Rowand was that critical to the clubhouse karma?

And I see the Eric Valent Mets cycle and call with a Phillies David Bell cycle. David Bell hit a triple?

You could have fixed the spelling errors, at least. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The New York Yankees are now on life support.

You'll know the Yanks have thrown in the towel as soon as the shut Joba down for good.

Until then, they're not going to go away (unfortunately).

6uXNWAo.png

I think as long as the Yanks are within 7 games with 17 to go, they'll be fine. :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think as long as the Yanks are within 7 games with 17 to go, they'll be fine. :P

Heh....

So the Yankees are 10 games back of the Rays in mid-August, despite spending at least $160 million more than Tampa Bay. Incredible....

Heh....

So the Yankees are 10 games back of the Rays in mid-August, despite spending at least $160 million more than Tampa Bay. Incredible....

New York can still turn this in their favor though. New York Baseball: We even choke better than your team!

Yeah, it's a stretch, but I like it.

Archived