The Rangers of Texas

mania

Alright, a few months back, there was some discussion on the primary board about whether or not the Rangers would be looking into changing their uniforms for the future, in particular, bringing back red as a primary color. Someone in the thread suggested the Rangers go even more western. So here is my concept.

The primary is modified from the badge the Texas Rangers law enforcement unit actually wears, with baseballs filling the laurels, and the Rangers T taking the primary place on the star.

The colors, chosen to give the look a more rustic, western look and differentiate itself from the overhaul of red and blue teams in MLB, are brown and sand. In addition, the shade of grey used on the road jerseys is a distinctly Texan shade. The sand alternate does not feature the logo on the sleeve of the two regular jerseys, but all the jerseys have the same fonts and piping is consistant among the trio. The Rangers would be the only team in Major League Baseball to feature the color brown.

texasrangersbv8.png

While I'm not sold on the primary or the numerals, I love the cream and the brown.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I dig it. The numbers might be a little hard to read at the stadium thought. Like the colors, very unique. I think the road jersey should be the sand color, and the alt. should be a vest with just the logo and small number on the chest. Adding silver as an accent color might be worth a try since the Texas Ranger badge is either gold or silver. The only flaw it the sand cap. While I like it as a fashion cap, light colored caps look bad on the field. Oh and you might want to rework the balls as laurels, perhaps just use baseball stitching.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Alright, a few months back, there was some discussion on the primary board about whether or not the Rangers would be looking into changing their uniforms for the future, in particular, bringing back red as a primary color. Someone in the thread suggested the Rangers go even more western. So here is my concept.

The primary is modified from the badge the Texas Rangers law enforcement unit actually wears, with baseballs filling the laurels, and the Rangers T taking the primary place on the star.

The colors, chosen to give the look a more rustic, western look and differentiate itself from the overhaul of red and blue teams in MLB, are brown and sand. In addition, the shade of grey used on the road jerseys is a distinctly Texan shade. The sand alternate does not feature the logo on the sleeve of the two regular jerseys, but all the jerseys have the same fonts and piping is consistant among the trio. The Rangers would be the only team in Major League Baseball to feature the color brown.

texasrangersbv8.png

Looks like something out of the 1800's. That being said, I think it would be a nice change.

texasrangersbv8.png

Now not only do they still look like the Angels with the fancy western type, but you've brought in a new problem as you've got the brown and sand, which I think honestly a lot of people think San Diego should use those colors. I also will say that your grey is wrong. You have a cool grey which says cold, you should've used a warm grey which tends to be on the brownish side.

I don't think this is a very good idea. Brown isn't a very good color uniforms, I like the lettering and the style and logo. Not so much the colors.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

i think it is a very cool concept. i dont really have many criticisms other than i think that the numbers might be hard to read. i think that that teal color could be incorporated more maybe. looks good though, definitely a very cool concept.

Picture21.png

Ah, I can see it now. Well, brown really just isn't my favorite color for sports teams, but if it had to be used, this would be a good instance. It really brings the wild west vibe, which is good.

Good creativity here, the cap logo is a nice addition too. Just one thing...what is that white rectangle?

I like the color scheme overall, but I think you could go with cream at home and sand on the road. Also, I think a western-looking slab serif would be a better numeral font. And I know this has been mentioned, but go for the stitching in place of the laurels. Lastly, not diggin' the T. Try some variations.

Ugh... NO NO NO NO NO. Oh for the love of God no. Listen, I know people may think it would be cute for the Rangers to go to a more "western" feel, but not only would the people of Arlington riot, but we would further be the laughing stock of the League. Using brown as the only color doesn't work in any case (I would suggest picking another color). Second, it is the TEXAS Rangers, hence the need for Red, White and Blue.

I don't want to sound too angry, but this could never fly with the loyal fanbase.

Browns actually my favorite color so I like this a lot. Good execution. I'd say, maybe get rid of the rough edges on the numbers though.

Nice job.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I really, really dig this. My only concern is about the baseballs in the laurel on the sleeve patches. I think those would be extremely difficult to reproduce.

But, since it's a concept, who cares?! Great job, man.

Sigs are for sissies.

Ugh... NO NO NO NO NO. Oh for the love of God no. Listen, I know people may think it would be cute for the Rangers to go to a more "western" feel, but not only would the people of Arlington riot, but we would further be the laughing stock of the League. Using brown as the only color doesn't work in any case (I would suggest picking another color). Second, it is the TEXAS Rangers, hence the need for Red, White and Blue.

I don't want to sound too angry, but this could never fly with the loyal fanbase.

Because the first thing the MLB needs is a team who's colors are red white and blue.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Because the first thing the MLB needs is a team who's colors are red white and blue.

Or a combination of the two. What MLB does not need is one color dominating (see the new "Rays").

Archived