New Orleans Hornets

Conrad.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks to everyone for the kind words...

here's a new primary logo:

nohnewlogo2rz7.png

i felt like the FDB and the words was not quite enuff, and was too close to their previous primary mark, so i added the ironwork...is this still too busy? if not, do some color changes need to happen?

also, for those interested, here's a gold version of the alternate jersey (looks too Laker-ish to me, but whatev'):

nohnewserd2yi1.png

nohnewlogo2rz7.png

i felt like the FDB and the words was not quite enuff, and was too close to their previous primary mark, so i added the ironwork...is this still too busy? if not, do some color changes need to happen?

also, for those interested, here's a gold version of the alternate jersey (looks too Laker-ish to me, but whatev'):

nohnewserd2yi1.png

While I think it looks good, it just seems the wrought iron design is too forced in there to really work with the primary. As you've proven, it's hard to really improve on simply the FDB itself.

nohnewlogo2rz7.png

nohnewserd2yi1.png

While I think it looks good, it just seems the wrought iron design is too forced in there to really work with the primary. As you've proven, it's hard to really improve on simply the FDB itself.

Great primary logo.

I like that one much better.

As for the yellow alt... I definitely like the Navy one better. Great job!

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Send EVERYTHING to the hornets right now!!! I love it and they should use it. The only thing I am not sure about is the "main logo". I think that it would yet agian make a decent alternate logo but I think the hornet/fleur-de-lues should stand on its own.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

nohnewlogo2rz7.png

nohnewserd2yi1.png

I LOVE the logo concept. It's not too clutterred but also identifies with the City of New Orleans in a unique way. GREAT job.

Personally, I would leave the wrought iron piping off the unis. I just think it's way too busy. But I do LOVE the use of the "NOLA" wordmark from the All-Star Game. I would LOVE if they used NOLA on an alt jersey. I would DEFINITELY but that!

gYH2mW9.png

nohnewlogo2rz7.png

nohnewserd2yi1.png

I just love the primary! this is nba quality. as for the yellow jersey (wich i requested) the purple is defenately WAY better! thanks for making it though. If the hornets do get rid of their yellow then there can be room for a nuggets one!!

As a Hornet fan since the Charlotte years I find these amazing, but:

-I think the darker Iron for the sides looked better for the Home Unis.

-The logo would look better if the wordmark was the same colors as the FDB,

-Font for the script should be more like the ASG logo font.

-FDB should be on the top front, where the 'H' is now on real life

-Keep up the amazing job. I'm actually thinking about paying to custom make this jersey to own it, you kickass.

I've been blown away as to how you managed to make a jersey with iron piping look good. After seeing all of your work on the Hornets, I'm now hoping that the team will reveal something similar to this next season. Truthfully, an update like that really takes away the negativity about how they should be called the Jazz, not the Hornets. Now they really look like a team that belongs in New Orleans.

okay, so this is the final template, accompanied by the away and alt jersey:

nohnewhome5rx6.png

nohnewawaysv4.png

nohnewserdey3.png

i added the bottom shorts striping back to tie more in with the top and the collar.

what i need to know is how the color choices are working for the away and alt jerseys, i feel like something could be wrong, but maybe not. i also have a different wordmark for the alt that doesnt have the bottom "swirls". Should i use that instead of cluttering the front of the jersey with more ironwork?

That purple jersey is spectacular. Seriously, that jersey is absolutley brilliant. The other two are unbelievable two, but that purple jersey is one of the best concepts I have EVER seen on these forums. Fabulous work. One thing is bothering me tho... on the neck line, is that the "H" logo, or some logo you created?

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Archived