2008 CFL Season Thread

Magnus

Montreal scares me the most because they can be the best team some weeks and can be one of the worst the next... maybe give Ryan the shot and see how it goes after 1 half and if it's not working out bring in Glenn because we are now 1-5 and it looks like only 2 teams out of the east will make it to be 3-5 at Labour Day would just be great.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm late on this....but maybe you guys can forgive me? lol.

Friday's game....I swear the ref was getting paid by the flag thrown.

I was at the Asgos/Hamilton pre season game, and this guy was the ref for it too, and it was just as bad!

I don't recall the ref's name, older guy, wears glasses and has the little strap around the back of the head to keep them on.

Anyways, he's friggin trigger happy with those flags and it wasn't like they were good calls at all, he made horrible calls on both sides.

I normally don't complain about the refs, cause let's face it, we all know how it goes you can blame a call or two on the ref but at the end of the day the outcome isn't changing.

But Friday....I think the Bombers could have won if they didn't get so many illegal procedure calls against them. I'm an Argos fan and I'm glad they won, but I'd rather see a fair game with good officiating and the best team winning than my team winning because the ref was holding a team back.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I say stay with Dinwiddie the whole time, the two interceptions were not even his fault.

I agree. Completely. Hey, is his thumb broken or something? I noticed it was all taped up? (on his non-throwing arm)

6 and Oh Ya

Once again, the riders play a great game. I'm so impressed by their defence, they NEVER make the same mistake twice.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was at the Asgos/Hamilton pre season game, and this guy was the ref for it too, and it was just as bad!

I don't recall the ref's name, older guy, wears glasses and has the little strap around the back of the head to keep them on.

Anyways, he's friggin trigger happy with those flags and it wasn't like they were good calls at all, he made horrible calls on both sides.

I normally don't complain about the refs, cause let's face it, we all know how it goes you can blame a call or two on the ref but at the end of the day the outcome isn't changing.

But Friday....I think the Bombers could have won if they didn't get so many illegal procedure calls against them. I'm an Argos fan and I'm glad they won, but I'd rather see a fair game with good officiating and the best team winning than my team winning because the ref was holding a team back.

Yeah that's Bud Steen i was always thought he was one of the better refs in the league and his crew was good early in the season but until last game

When Calgary linebacker JoJuan Armour was ejected just two plays into Saskatchewan's first drive after being flagged for abuse of an official, that complete bull ****! The ref was obviously embarrassed about being knocked on his ass and then took out his frustration on the guy who was pushed into him.

I can't see Armour or any professional player taking a run at a ref just two plays into a game. Plus after 'he abused the official' he looked at the Rider who pushed him, that was his first reaction. If he actually wanted to hurt the ref he wouldn't look at the Rider player.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Yeah that's Bud Steen i was always thought he was one of the better refs in the league and his crew was good early in the season but until last game

It was really weak, one of his linemen ended up falling on his a$$ too, because he couldn't pay attention for long enough to see a couple players heading his way and get got leveled.

Good this what i mean when the CFL refs make it up as they go along

I couldn't agree anymore!

Personally my favorite CFL Officials' trick is the replay review. Somehow, 90 seconds turns into 7 or 8 minutes, after which time they emerge and can't figure out if they made the right call or not, so they keep things as they are, but add something else into the mix that wasn't there before.

It must be pretty tiring to have to cover your ass poorly in front of 25,000 people on a weekly basis, and still :censored: everything up.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Another thing since the challenge was brought in thinking the coaches can challenge a challenge and challenging a penalty or just throwing the flag just to talk to the ref it was funny at the start but now it's just annoying

Remember the good old days when challenging a play meant the coach yelled at the refa little and the game went on?

No reviewing, no second guessing, just "we called it, let's keep playing"

I'm really getting some football withdrawals. I've watched a few CFL games before back when it came on a short-lived channel directed at Charlotte sports (but would find just about anything for program filler in the wee hours) and I thought it was awesome.

Is there anywhere I can watch some CFL? Do they air the games online anywhere?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I'm really getting some football withdrawals. I've watched a few CFL games before back when it came on a short-lived channel directed at Charlotte sports (but would find just about anything for program filler in the wee hours) and I thought it was awesome.

The day after the games are played you can go to tsn.ca and to the CFL section and watch the replay but you need to install silverlight if you don't have it already

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?fid=508

The day after the games are played you can go to tsn.ca and to the CFL section and watch the replay but you need to install silverlight if you don't have it already

Awesome, thanks. I'm watching the Riders-Stamps game from a few days ago, and the first score of the game was a single.

I was aware of the rule, but never really thought about it too much. I'd imagine this is a common question coming from an American whose game doesn't have this rule, but does the single ever play a big part in the game? Has a team ever ended a game scoring only a single, or better yet has a game ever ended 1-0? Also, does it happen often where a game is tied in the closing seconds and the punter just kicks it through the endzone to win?

I Googled for some of this stuff, but found nothing.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Awesome, thanks. I'm watching the Riders-Stamps game from a few days ago, and the first score of the game was a single.

I was aware of the rule, but never really thought about it too much. I'd imagine this is a common question coming from an American whose game doesn't have this rule, but does the single ever play a big part in the game? Has a team ever ended a game scoring only a single, or better yet has a game ever ended 1-0? Also, does it happen often where a game is tied in the closing seconds and the punter just kicks it through the endzone to win?

I Googled for some of this stuff, but found nothing.

I'm really sure the a single has played a huge part in a game but if it has it's a rare occurrence

Archived