2008 CFL Season Thread

Magnus

I'm really sure the a single has played a huge part in a game but if it has it's a rare occurrence

Not the CFL but in the CIS (or was it still CIAU then) the U of R rams made it to the the vanier cup when jon ryan punted a single through the end zone in the final minute vs calgary i believe in 2000.

I actually found that it has played a role in winning a CFL game Don Sweet of Alouettes won the 63rd Grey Cup on a missed field goal in the dying minutes of that game to beat the Eskimos 9-8

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really sure the a single has played a huge part in a game but if it has it's a rare occurrence

Not the CFL but in the CIS (or was it still CIAU then) the U of R rams made it to the the vanier cup when jon ryan punted a single through the end zone in the final minute vs calgary i believe in 2000.

I actually found that it has played a role in winning a CFL game Don Sweet of Alouettes won the 63rd Grey Cup on a missed field goal in the dying minutes of that game to beat the Eskimos 9-8

Actually, I looked up that particular Grey Cup after you mentioned it and it was the opposite. The Alouettes were down 9-7, and attempted a field goal, which he missed, to score a single and end 9-8.

63rd Grey Cup

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Actually, I looked up that particular Grey Cup after you mentioned it and it was the opposite. The Alouettes were down 9-7, and attempted a field goal, which he missed, to score a single and end 9-8.

63rd Grey Cup

Wow i totally miss read that my mistake haha

Man, I dunno about that. Seems like the football equivalent of bunting to break up a no-hitter.

that's exactly what it is man!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

ken miller confirmed with the leader-post that matt dominguez tore his acl again... he's done fore the season and the way he was talking after calgary this could be it for him... if that's the case thanks matty for everything you gave to the team and community

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

ken miller confirmed with the leader-post that matt dominguez tore his acl again... he's done fore the season and the way he was talking after calgary this could be it for him... if that's the case thanks matty for everything you gave to the team and community

Just heard this on Sportscentre terrible news to an already terrible injury year but they'll find a way to keep winning until Labour Day of course :D

I really hope we see Glenn back tomorrow get him and Stegall going and i think it's better for the whole team Ryan's been alright and he's great if Glenn goes down but we are still in the race for first and as of now it looks like only 2 teams from the East will make it and i wouldn't be surprised if Stanford Samuels comes off the practice roster at least to the bench, Amos and Johnson have stepped it up and the Defense is Gelling now all we need is that offense.

I really hope we see Glenn back tomorrow get him and Stegall going and i think it's better for the whole team Ryan's been alright and he's great if Glenn goes down but we are still in the race for first and as of now it looks like only 2 teams from the East will make it and i wouldn't be surprised if Stanford Samuels comes off the practice roster at least to the bench, Amos and Johnson have stepped it up and the Defense is Gelling now all we need is that offense.

Dinwiddie has had one great game and one middling one. Glenn has had 1 middling game and 3 stinkers.

Dinwiddie stays.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Isn't Stegall injured?

And Glenn? NO way Dinwiddie all the WAY!

He's Day to Day but Berry said he'll most likely play

And I hope your right i would love to see Dinwiddie prove himself and shaking off an image of what could be that the Calgary game was just a fluke because i do see alot of Talent in him.

Isn't Stegall injured?

And Glenn? NO way Dinwiddie all the WAY!

Berry said he'll most likely play

His job is on the line tomorrow night, Berry will say that Stegall had dinner with Santa if it means he can keep his job one more week and eke out another win.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Berry's job is safe he just signed a 3 year deal before the season and a publicly owned team like the Bombers won't want to pay him till 2011 but this day in age of the CFL anything can and usually does happen

Berry's job is safe he just signed a 3 year deal before the season and a publicly owned team like the Bombers won't want to pay him till 2011 but this day in age of the CFL anything can and usually does happen

They'll keep him around in some form ("special scout"), but his ass is on the line.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They'll keep him around in some form ("special scout"), but his ass is on the line.

I can really see it but with the team somehow still in the East race i think we wait till labour day or when you know your not going to the playoffs.

Kinda off topic, but do you know anyway to get shares into the Bombers? My dad is a huge fan, and I'd really like to buy some for him.

Do they do it like the Packers do? Every so often they release more to the public?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I thought this deserved a seperate post.

Who watched the Argos last night? I'm getting very angered at the fact that they can't lay a tackle. I mean, :censored:, 30 missed tackles?

Not to mention, things weren't going good, why didn't they let Bishop play in the 2nd half...or at least the 4th quarter? I mean, try SOMETHING to get in the game!

Archived