Falcons' LB Boley Arrested for Battery

BlueSky

1) None of us actually "know" these guys, okay. We have no idea if they are "good" guys or "bad" guys. We see clips of interviews or maybe hear 'em on the radio or something. If we do meet them, it's not usually long enough to truly get to know a person.

2) The public doesn't get all the facts surrounding these cases. We get minimal statements from cops, lawyers, agents, and the athletes. Hell, if we're "lucky" we might get a leak or two later.

3) Why are these stories even a blip on the radar anymore?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

So, at what point does this circle back to Roger Goodell? I thought improving off-the-field behavior was his chief concern. He doesn't seem to be doing well at that at all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So, at what point does this circle back to Roger Goodell? I thought improving off-the-field behavior was his chief concern. He doesn't seem to be doing well at that at all.

The NFL has a conduct policy. If he lets him off the hook, I'd agree. However, where is personal character and discipline taught? Blame the family and/or the environment the guy is raised in.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

1) None of us actually "know" these guys, okay. We have no idea if they are "good" guys or "bad" guys. We see clips of interviews or maybe hear 'em on the radio or something. If we do meet them, it's not usually long enough to truly get to know a person.

True, true. I was just basing this off of what I read in the newspaper and what I saw on TV.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The NFL has a conduct policy. If he lets him off the hook, I'd agree. However, where is personal character and discipline taught? Blame the family and/or the environment the guy is raised in.

Oh, I'm not saying that's Goodell's or the NFL's fault. All I'm saying is that Goodell made player behavior a big issue of his. By any measure, (which is to say, none), he's failing. Based on Goodell's mission, any player incident is a black mark, and lately, there have been plenty.

And anyway, it was a stupid mission to undertake. Why make yourself responsible for something you could never control?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Coming soon to the NFL Network

Hit the Music Bad Boys Bad Boys watch ya gona do when we come for you...

You love football and you love Cops

Now love them both as NFL the network that showed paint dry in Roger Goodell's office and the even duller Scouting Combines brings you, Live footage of every NFL player's arrest. They are happening every day so we will been our satellite to tonights felon. Tomorrow tune into to see if Chris Henry can use the speed that made him a star Receiver to get away from 5-0 as he looks to avoid his 10th career arrest.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Oh, I'm not saying that's Goodell's or the NFL's fault. All I'm saying is that Goodell made player behavior a big issue of his. By any measure, (which is to say, none), he's failing. Based on Goodell's mission, any player incident is a black mark, and lately, there have been plenty.

And anyway, it was a stupid mission to undertake. Why make yourself responsible for something you could never control?

Hell, the death penalty doesn't even deter (enough) violent crime. So how could anything Goodell can mete out, eliminate behavior these guys are so bent on? Best he can do is keep with the plan. Just because you can't stop it, there's no reason you shouldn't punish it. Goodell loses no credibility with me, as long as he consistently punishes each offender.

The phrase, "he's a bad commissioner" once again is jumping to the front of my mind.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The phrase, "he's a bad commissioner" once again is jumping to the front of my mind.

I disagree, Roger is a hell of a commish....as long as he suspends players I'm happy. Like someone said, if the death penalty ain't good enough to deter crimes, then 4 game suspensions won't either. But it's still good to see punishment, and it gives the league credibility.

Hell, the death penalty doesn't even deter (enough) violent crime. So how could anything Goodell can mete out, eliminate behavior these guys are so bent on? Best he can do is keep with the plan. Just because you can't stop it, there's no reason you shouldn't punish it. Goodell loses no credibility with me, as long as he consistently punishes each offender.

Same here.

Now love them both as NFL the network that showed paint dry in Roger Goodell's office and the even duller Scouting Combines brings you, Live footage of every NFL player's arrest. They are happening every day so we will been our satellite to tonights felon. Tomorrow tune into to see if Chris Henry can use the speed that made him a star Receiver to get away from 5-0 as he looks to avoid his 10th career arrest.

*crickets*

Stick to trivia, Tnak....

*crickets*

Stick to trivia, Tnak....

Oh come on this is comedy gold, its gold baby

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

More like fool's gold, Tank. Sorry...

As for my take: Something tells me that the players themselves are to blame (and if I hear one DUH! comment, I'll... do something. Just let me get back to you on that). I mean, with all that money and power, these kind of people tend to think they are above the law. Well, you're not. You got to follow the same rules that every Joe Blow does as well.

Why can't these guys figure that out?

More like fool's gold, Tank. Sorry...

As for my take: Something tells me that the players themselves are to blame (and if I hear one DUH! comment, I'll... do something. Just let me get back to you on that). I mean, with all that money and power, these kind of people tend to think they are above the law. Well, you're not. You got to follow the same rules that every Joe Blow does as well.

Why can't these guys figure that out?

Because they don't have to follow the same rules. In most cases, celebrities of any kind get slapped on the wrist for things we'd get our asses nailed to the wall for.

Rashard Mendenhall needs a little work on this whole "crime" thing. :P

You're supposed to do the robbing, not be robbed! :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived