Arizona Cardinals concept

GoDawgs08

The Cardinals have stuck with the same color scheme since the franchise began, which has included a hint of blue. However, the Cardinals have stuck to red uniforms throughout their history. The recent change was dissapointing, and looked awful. Heres my interesting take on what they could have done.

ArizonaCardinalsconcept.jpg

temp.png

From what I can see on PANTONE's site, the only blue the Cardinals have ever used is in the Arizona state flags they used to wear on the sleeves, and there's no blue anywhere in their scheme right now, so the choice of blue as the primary uniform colour really baffles me. Plus the yellow has only ever shown up on the beak in the logo, and nowhere else. You're really giving a lot of weight to two colours that don't feature very prominently in the team's colour scheme. Red should be the dominant colour, because that's the colour cardinals are.

I like the origniality. There is not much you can do to alter the color scheme of the Cardinals, but adding the yellow in the Arizona flag as a highlight, makes it works very well. My only crituqe would be for the pant striping to come down past the thigh pad.

peace

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

First of all, never post new 3 concepts in one day. It's a bad idea in terms of both quality and etiquette. Secondly, :welcome: . Finally (this one actually pertains to your concept), when doing an Arizona Cardinals concept, don't use blue as a primary color. It will never work and, chances are, you'll end up getting mocked. Even a blue alternate jersey is pushing it. I'd say, if you want to use blue for the Cards, which I would refrain from doing all together, use it as an accent color; trust me: it will look a lot less crazy. I'd send this concept back to the drawing board, but with some extra time and practice, you'll soon be well on your way to creating great uniforms (well, okay, maybe not soon, but eventually).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

When I was in middle school, we played a school whose nickname was the Cardinals and whose primary color was royal blue. The St. Louis Cardinals wear navy caps on the road. Two real-world instances of teams using blue as a primary color for a team called Cardinals. And in each instance, I felt just as confused as I do right now by your color selection.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression they were called the Cardinals because of the colour red. Someone described the colour they played in as faded, but was then corrected that it wasn't "faded red" it was "cardinal red". Perhaps someone can confirm/refute this?

Cardinals are red, hince the use of color red. They haven't overused red. It's the color of the frickin bird their named after.

Preach! NO BLUE IN AZ. Just because it's in the state flag doesn't mean it has to be incorporated with the team.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

When I was in middle school, we played a school whose nickname was the Cardinals and whose primary color was royal blue. The St. Louis Cardinals wear navy caps on the road. Two real-world instances of teams using blue as a primary color for a team called Cardinals. And in each instance, I felt just as confused as I do right now by your color selection.

St. Louis uses navy as a secondary color, not the primary. Their primary color still is and always will be red. This concept relegates the red to only the cardinal head logo, and some trim.

St. Louis uses navy as a secondary color, not the primary. Their primary color still is and always will be red. This concept relegates the red to only the cardinal head logo, and some trim.

The team can claim what they want, but when navy is more prominent than red in their road uniforms, then navy is the primary color of their road uniforms, which is simply foolish for a team called the Cardinals.

The team can claim what they want, but when navy is more prominent than red in their road uniforms, then navy is the primary color of their road uniforms, which is simply foolish for a team called the Cardinals.

That hat and the navy are the only thing that change from navy to red. I'd hardly call that the primary road color. The jersey logo, lettering, numbering, socks, and even shoes (plus, the 'STL' ON the hat) are all still red. And I'm leaving it at that.

Ok, I can't reply anymore until tomorrow. I'm one post away from 2,000 and I'm saving that for the announcement of my new niece, to be born within the next 24 hours, in the "Celebrate Yourself" thread.

You complained about their new jerseys... and then you presented something that's even busier. Huh?

Oh, and to pile on... yeah, Cardinals. Red.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived