B-STYLE: Aiming 2 put the "regal" back in "Royal"ty...

tBBP

What's up, world?

I know I been gone from the concept world for a hot minute now...but even this urban desert/concrete jungle I'm currently inhabiting can't keep me from doing something I love...and that's concocting concepts. This one here takes me back into the world of baseball for only the second time since I've been here in the CCSLC. (For the curious ones, here is my first foray into the baseball world.) It's actually a concept I've been holding onto for quite some time now...but now I think it's time I get it out here for you all to see.

The team? If you haven't guessed by the thread title yet...it's for the Kansas City Royals.

I've found myself rather hamstrung by the realm of baseball in terms of "making my creativity work", if you will, but I think I'm starting to find ways to inject a lil' bit of decorative flair into baseball uniforms. I figure the KC Royals would be a good place to start. (Let's face it...the squad isn't exactly all that visible in the world of MLB, so if they can't play good...maybe they could perhaps look good...?)

My main peeve with the current KCR set is the overall blandness of it. It's simple, to be sure, but there's nothing about it that really grabs my attention (I don't think I'm alone in that regard, either). One of the things I do like about the Royals' package is the primary logo, so I didn't do anything to it. Those with a good eye for detail will notice I did, however, make some slight alterations to the "Royals" script...it's just a slight bit more oblique now. Also, I utilized drop-shadow quite a bit with this package here.

Below is my logo set. Check it out...

KCroyalslogosheet.png

While I really didn't fool with the logos too much, I did, however--well, really I did three things different with the uniforms in this here concept package. First, I injected the overall set with some gold. It never really made sense to me why the Royals never saw fit to include gold if only as a trim color, so I addressed that in this concept package here. Second, I created a vested set, both home and away, utilizing the Royals' "KC" logo as the chest emblem, in the same vein as the Yankess' "NY" and the Tigers' "D", with player number included on the front. It's actually my favorite set in this package, but that's just me. The third thing I did was utilize the crown in the logo as some inspiration for a rather spiffy trim style for the sleeves of the jerseys--I pretty much replicated the style of the crown onto the sleeves. (I tend to utilize certain elements of team logos as inspiration for uniform elements quite a bit). I actually like the way it turned out. I also drafted up a set of alternate blue jerseys, as well, in addition to regular home and away jerseys.

So...having said all that, below are my jersey designs for this concept package:

KCroyalsjerseys.png

Of course, it's one thing to see jerseys on a style sheet...it's another thing to see the uniforms in "action". And so, with that in mind, here is my action rendition of my Kansas City Royals uniform package. (Oh by the way, I added a lil' something something to the stirrups as well...I think they came out rather nice!)

SET 1

KCroyalsregset.png

SET 2

KCroyalsvestset.png

SET 3

KCroyalsaltset.png

Thoughts, comments, C&C...holla at me and let know how y'all feeling about this here concept set!

~B

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not bad bucco, not bad. Their current set is one of my favorites, but this improves it further. The logos are ok, you didn't do much to them which isn't a bad thing. Solid overall, especially the presentation. Digging that action template as well.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

screams brewers with the colors, but nice work....i suggest maintaining the "royal" blue color and trying that with gold or silver....maybe?

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

screams brewers with the colors, but nice work....i suggest maintaining the "royal" blue color and trying that with gold or silver....maybe?

Okay...I thought it was just me, but my blue is looking awfully dark too. I guess it has to do with the fact that on my Mac machine, the screen is bright as hell, and the shade of royal I had on there looked damn near neon, so I toned it down a bit and forgot that sometimes that leads to colors being darker when viewed on other machines. Imma go back and look at that and see if I can find a way around that problem. (i thought the same thing you did about the similarity with the Brewers too, but basically just said "screw it" to myself and pressed on from there.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I would buy that set 2 hat definitely. I love the gold brim. The uniforms are really nice. The only one i don't like is the blue one with Kansas City on it. But great job overall.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Love it.

Definitely one of the most creative concepts I've seen, without going over the top.

The only thing I'd love to see different is the current "Kansas City" wordmark, on the road jerseys.

Great job.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love this. I love the vests and the gold trim you put on it, especially the amazing stirrups!

As everyone else, including you, said, the blue is just a tad too dark, but other than that, i think it is PERFECT.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Love it.

Definitely one of the most creative concepts I've seen, without going over the top.

The only thing I'd love to see different is the current "Kansas City" wordmark, on the road jerseys.

Great job.

I second that. Exactly what I was thinking.

VmWIn6B.png

Glad to see a concept from you for a variety of reasons. Keep up the good work! Like LEWJ said, I prefer the script Kansas City to the block version. Otherwise, very smart improvements.

Fantastic work. Put be down with the road script as well. Personally I think the Royals' logo could be better, but the way you tied the crown into the uniform elements is sheer genius. It's subtle, unique, and isn't too flashy. It's something that would make people do a double-take and really appreciate the design.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Okay...update time.

I listened to the masses, and as such, I've made two changes. One, I lightened up the blue a lil' bit, to bring it closer to the actual hue of blue the Royals currently use; and two, I added the "Kansas City" script to the road sets. (Also, for the one who requested it, I've enlarged the pitcher in the alternate set window so the detail on the sleeves and stirrups can be seen a little bit better.)

Here you go...updates.

LOGO SET

KCroyalslogosheet2.png

JERSEYS

KCroyalsjerseys2.png

SET 1

KCroyalsregset2.png

SET 2

KCroyalsvestset2.png

ALT SET

KCroyalsaltset2.png

Here you are. Holla back...

~Buc

That template is just incredible. Out-of-this-world incredible.

Oh...I definitely like the updated version better.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Man... these are wicked awesome! One complaint: Why is the pitcher wearing black shoes? Also, I have a couple questions. Is the piping along the shoulders of the vests necessary? I get the feeling that with the sleeve trim (which I really, really like) it might be a little too much. What is the possibility of either an alternate or a BP cap with the crown that's on the back of the neck?

Overall, I give it an A. (almost an A+)

Archived