2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Malone signs with Tampa. 7 Years. 31.5 Million.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242037&amp...s=topStory_main

As did Gary Roberts...

This is another example of reading an article before responding to it. While earlier in the day Sportsnet reported BOTH Malone and Roberts signed, the only confirmation has come in for Malone. Nothing yet about Roberts. Sportsnet jumped the gun and as a result backed off until TSN announced Malone officially signed.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Edmonton Oilers have acquired defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Jarret Stoll and defenceman Matt Greene.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242046&amp...s=topStory_main

And Foote and Liles have re-signed with the Aves.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ryan Malone signs with Tampa. 7 Years. 31.5 Million.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242037&amp...s=topStory_main

As did Gary Roberts...

This is another example of reading an article before responding to it. While earlier in the day Sportsnet reported BOTH Malone and Roberts signed, the only confirmation has come in for Malone. Nothing yet about Roberts. Sportsnet jumped the gun and as a result backed off until TSN announced Malone officially signed.

Well if I knew of Malone signing why would I be interested in reading another article about it? My mistake, I didn't know that sportsnet had bad information.

Rolston was one of the free agents I really wanted the Senators to go after, the Lightning are looking like they could make a good run this year...

Hi, how are you?

I'm getting the same feeling from the Tampa Bay Lightning, that I got from the 2003-04 Colorado Avalanche. Signing some big names, but in the end, they'll probably not accomplish their ultimate goal of a Cup.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Edmonton Oilers have acquired defenceman Lubomir Visnovsky from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for forward Jarret Stoll and defenceman Matt Greene.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242046&amp...s=topStory_main

And Foote and Liles have re-signed with the Aves.

This is a head-scratcher for me, what the Kings need more is good defense, and Visnovsky is a decent defenseman. Our GM better hope Greene pans out, or it's not gonna matter who is in goal for us.

Couple this with the Cammalleri deal and I'm not sure that we're any better than last year.

What's next, Kopitar for Wade Belak? :P

espnsig.gif

Lightning strikes again... TB acquired the rights to Brian Rolston from the Minnesota Wild for a conditional pick in '09 or '10.

If Rolston agrees to sign, we may see Lecavalier, Stamkos, Rolston as centremen for their top 3 lines. Not too shabby... :lol:

I guess it helps when your starting goaltender won't even have a $1 million cap hit for the coming season.

Wade-sig.png

I'm getting the same feeling from the Tampa Bay Lightning, that I got from the 2003-04 Colorado Avalanche. Signing some big names, but in the end, they'll probably not accomplish their ultimate goal of a Cup.

But they play in the very-winnable Southeast Division. All you gotta do is get in the playoffs, and you never know what'll happen once you're in.....

Lightning strikes again... TB acquired the rights to Brian Rolston from the Minnesota Wild for a conditional pick in '09 or '10.

If Rolston agrees to sign, we may see Lecavalier, Stamkos, Rolston as centremen for their top 3 lines. Not too shabby... :lol:

I guess it helps when your starting goaltender won't even have a $1 million cap hit for the coming season.

They traded Rolston for a damn pick?? arrrgh.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

They traded Rolston for a damn pick?? arrrgh.

You do know Rolston is going to be a free agent later this summer, right?

The Wild were probably unable to lock him into a new contract, so they got a draft pick from out of it instead of losing him for nothing.

6uXNWAo.png

But they play in the very-winnable Southeast Division. All you gotta do is get in the playoffs, and you never know what'll happen once you're in.....

yes, but you don't get anywhere in the playoffs against the real contenders with no defense or goaltending. some second rate goaltender like alex auld or something won't bring them playoff success.

Tampa can add all the offense they want, they dont get a goalie theyre screwed. we in the SE Division hope they go after Jose Theodore, and only since he can perform in contract years, i think a multi year deal is in order.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Tampa can add all the offense they want, they dont get a goalie theyre screwed. we in the SE Division hope they go after Jose Theodore, and only since he can perform in contract years, i think a multi year deal is in order.

People are underrating Mike Smith, he was a very good backup in Dallas and along with a good veteran backup ie Olif Kolzig, they could be real good.

Archived