2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Combine that with Orpik and Hossa wanting ot test the free agency waters, and things just get worse fo rthe penguins. Thats two, possibly four, HUGE peices leaving.
The Bruins have too much young blood to not do well sometime soon.
And an owner who refuses to spend a little extra money which prevents his team from doing well.

OK, if Chiarelli can convince Hossa, Orpik (BC connections), or both to come here, and Jacobs to spend a friggin' dollar to pay for them, I will buy season tickets.

(Not really. But you know how insanely awesome that would be. Kind of like Randy Moss being a Patriot, or KG becoming a Celtic! Ha!

Oh wait... ;))

And yes, Glen Murray is expendable to make cap room. Please buy him out.

You're waaay overrating Marian Hossa if you equate his value to what KG brought to the Cs or even Moss brought to the Pats.

Hossa = good second or third gun. Pittsburgh would have been perfect for him. Besides, isn't Hossa the antithesis of what Julien is trying to instill in the team, some serious toughness? Hossa never met a hit he didn't shy away from.

I'm hearing that the Bruins have or might offer Marian Hossa $100 million in 12 years.

Dear Bruins, I had figured your organization had learned your lesson when you signed Zdeno Chara. STOP OVERPAYING FOR PLAYERS!

Sincerely,

The World

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Nashville trades defenceman Marek Zidlicky to Minnesota for prospect Ryan Jones from Miami of Ohio and a second round pick. Details to follow.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm hearing that the Bruins have or might offer Marian Hossa $100 million in 12 years.

Dear Bruins, I had figured your organization had learned your lesson when you signed Zdeno Chara. STOP OVERPAYING FOR PLAYERS!

Sincerely,

The World

That is absolutely stupid, if true. Marian freakin Hossa?

Combine that with Orpik and Hossa wanting ot test the free agency waters, and things just get worse fo rthe penguins. Thats two, possibly four, HUGE peices leaving.
The Bruins have too much young blood to not do well sometime soon.
And an owner who refuses to spend a little extra money which prevents his team from doing well.

OK, if Chiarelli can convince Hossa, Orpik (BC connections), or both to come here, and Jacobs to spend a friggin' dollar to pay for them, I will buy season tickets.

(Not really. But you know how insanely awesome that would be. Kind of like Randy Moss being a Patriot, or KG becoming a Celtic! Ha!

Oh wait... ;))

And yes, Glen Murray is expendable to make cap room. Please buy him out.

You're waaay overrating Marian Hossa if you equate his value to what KG brought to the Cs or even Moss brought to the Pats.

Hossa = good second or third gun. Pittsburgh would have been perfect for him. Besides, isn't Hossa the antithesis of what Julien is trying to instill in the team, some serious toughness? Hossa never met a hit he didn't shy away from.

No, I'm equating the chances of him coming here similar to what one would have thought the chances of those moves would have been a few years ago. He's no superstar but he is the best on the market.

Besides- that description is reminiscent of Milan Lucic. Mentor perhaps? they both play the wing.

Sincerely,

The World

12 years? So he would be here till he's 41, making $8.3 mil a year on average? Right.

At least it's double what the Wizards got out of Arenas for 100 Mil. Not that that makes it necessarily smart.

...Nor do I buy it. The Globe reports the B's likely won't tread above 8 million for Hossa, Campbell, etc. due to the Cap restrictions and such, and not more than 6-8 years. I don't think they would go that far.

Jose Theodore signed with Washington: Story

Huet is most likely out of their plans now...

Edit: charger just beat me to it :)

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Sincerely,

The World

They didn't overpay for Chara.

If 12 years 100 mil happen, it would be front loaded.

Pittsburgh Penguins sign forward Pascal Dupuis to a three-year deal which will average $1.4-million per year.

One down, 9 to go.

Go Shero Go!

(please)

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Archived