Minnesota Timberwolves Concept

AAO

I'm not sure about everyone else, but it seems like some of us, myself included, didn't notice the Wolves' draft hat. I thought this was a complete redesign by you. That said, I really like the new T-Wolves secondary. As for what you've done here, I think to de-Maverick the whole thing, push the green as the primary color, rather than blue. The problem is, out of your three logos, the one with the navy seems to pop the best. I was never a fan of the "TM" monogram, and I'm still not, really. I'm not sure if it's your intention or not, but I'm not getting the wolf's head out of the "TM", as it does in the Wolves' current look. The only small thing that I'm not even sure bothers me on the uniforms is that the blue and green trim on the dark uniforms gets kind of lost. Maybe throw some white in there to make it pop?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure about everyone else, but it seems like some of us, myself included, didn't notice the Wolves' draft hat. I thought this was a complete redesign by you. That said, I really like the new T-Wolves secondary. As for what you've done here, I think to de-Maverick the whole thing, push the green as the primary color, rather than blue. The problem is, out of your three logos, the one with the navy seems to pop the best. I was never a fan of the "TM" monogram, and I'm still not, really. I'm not sure if it's your intention or not, but I'm not getting the wolf's head out of the "TM", as it does in the Wolves' current look. The only small thing that I'm not even sure bothers me on the uniforms is that the blue and green trim on the dark uniforms gets kind of lost. Maybe throw some white in there to make it pop?

You are correct, I didn't see the draft hat until after I posted here. I was thinking this was a total redesign as well. Still, nice execution.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

LOVE the Reds font, as always. Jerseys are awesome.

This may be my favorite concept of yours, and that's saying a lot.

Hardly. Not much of this is original, so to say its my best is more demeaning than anything else..after 6 full pages of concepts in my portfolio....

But yeah, I used the Reds font because a typeface similar to the Reds' would suit for the TWolves. Maybe a little less rounded would be better, but even so.

I didn't mean to be demeaning. IMO, you are one of the best designers on the board and I love all your concepts. Using the Reds font gave you bonus points, because it usually associated with having a "western" feel and you made it work. And I also had no idea that was actually the new Timberwolves logo.

These are great. My only concern is the lack of green in the fonts. You should try an inner green (blue for the green unis) lining with jersey font. Plus you ever think about putting that circle logo at the bottom of the typeface rather than at top? It might look better in my opinion.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I think you should try a version with the dark green.

I think it would look super slick!

Maybe even base it towards Dark Green/Light Green with blue/silver trim.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love adding green, and I actually like how the Reds' font works with the new Wolves secondary. I do think there are problems though. You kinda need to stay Blue, Green, Black, Silver, White. It just works and keeps them the right distance away from the Mavs. If you do want to lose that though, you could go Dark Green, the current green you have, a light blue-ish silver, and white. I think if you took time to work with the wordmark, say, if you were paid to, then it would look great. It still needs to work with the primary as one piece. The numbers do look odd as somebody else said already. The side striping work could be thought out a little more. The big problem is the secondary MT (not "TM", guys) logo. I no longer see a well put together secondary logo. I see a muddle of outlines around two letterforms that really don't relate to eachother. I kinda see an eye in the M though, which is actually an interesting idea to work with. Just like you said, a good portion of this is not exactly original, but still it is good work. Keep it up.

edit: guess LEWJ suggested Dark Green, Kelly/Light Green, and Silver/Light Blue too as I was typing. I guess that means you need to do it.

edit #2: The first primary logo you posted now looks like it has Dark Green in it instead of black. I just looked for the first time on my home computer instead of at work and noticed it.

Nice work, AAO. This is just the amount of green I've been looking for from the T-Wolves.

I have just one suggestion:

Since there seems to be some remaining appreciation for the tree images on the team's current uniforms, I wonder whether there would be a place for a tree design along the sides of the shorts. (Apologies, of course, if the shorts design in your concept was intended to be tree-like. I'm thinking more literal.)

I wouldn't even be bothered if the tree ended up blue on a pair of green shorts. It is Minnesota after all. Trees can freeze just like everything else.

I love the changes to the color scheme in the logo, but don't like... well... just about everything else.

The color balance seems... meh. White and grey wordmark on the white jersey? Black and grey for a predominantly blue (and green) set for the numbers?

I don't think, on that espect it works. Bring more color into the jerseys.

I saw the draft hat earlier this week with this new logo, and was pretty excited. The bad thing however is that the logo will be their "alternate". Their new logo will remain the same with minor changes. In fact, this design below shows the changes that have been made to the original logo/font:

WolvesLogos.png

I love what you did, and I'd encourage you to post them on twolvescentral.com. The people there have seen the logo and are dying to see what the new jerseys might look like. I think the team plans to unveil them on draft day. If you'd like me to post them there and give credit to you, just let me know in this thread.

Again, those look awesome!

wow, dude, i think these are awesome... but i see the point that someone made that they look almost exactly like dallas... i say darken the blue a bit, maybe like a seahawk blue and darken the green to almost a philadelphia jade... plus, i wonder how the whites would look with blue side panels like the blues... just a thought, everything else is killer and i like the top right logo you used the most... also not a fan of the tm even though i know its supposed to be an mt... i just dont think it works that well... again, great job

I saw the draft hat earlier this week with this new logo, and was pretty excited. The bad thing however is that the logo will be their "alternate". Their new logo will remain the same with minor changes. In fact, this design below shows the changes that have been made to the original logo/font:

WolvesLogos.png

I love what you did, and I'd encourage you to post them on twolvescentral.com. The people there have seen the logo and are dying to see what the new jerseys might look like. I think the team plans to unveil them on draft day. If you'd like me to post them there and give credit to you, just let me know in this thread.

Again, those look awesome!

Not bad, not bad.

I thought it'd be a complete overhaul, but it's still relatively similar.

At first I thought it was there current alt logo with a simplified wordmark, but its not, there are slight differences in the shading, and no green :cry: .

Man I sure hope they go with a totally different number font, I can't stand the current!

Oh, and the more I look at the current primary, the less it looks like a wolf.

Man this whole half-a$$ rebrand gig is really picking away at my nerves....here it is in all its glory...this half ass logo---its not even like that timberwolves logo is popular--that people can really relate to it, they can't, it's a handfulofass logo--why even bother throwing that white blotch in there....what in the fk is that???

ALSO the secondary looks light years ahead of the stupid 'primary' excuse for a logo....and WHY are the eyes still YELLOW...you'd think theyd realize hey wait we dont really use yellow---why the hell dont we just make it blue silver or green because that'd actually be legit...and why dont they say to themselves--hey you know what there is entirely too much godforsaken black and mostly blue in the league--its really not all that fking cool----lets keep our green, after all, we areeee the TIMBERwolves.....

Man this whole half-a$$ rebrand gig is really picking away at my nerves....here it is in all its glory...this :censored:stain logo--that i couldve shat out---its not even like that timberwolves logo is popular--that people can really relate to it, they can't, it's a handfulofass logo--why even bother throwing that white blotch in there....what in the fk is that??? honestly--these people really need a slap in the face, at least from the people who really and truly care about the design, branding, and marketing world--or the people that care about its team's appearance..

ALSO the secondary looks light years ahead of the stupid 'primary' excuse for a logo....and WHY are the eyes still YELLOW...you'd think theyd realize hey wait we dont really use yellow---why the hell dont we just make it blue silver or green because that'd actually be legit...and why dont they say to themselves--hey you know what there is entirely too much godforsaken black and mostly blue in the league--its really not all that fking cool----lets keep our green, after all, we areeee the TIMBERwolves.....

One quick thing: Currently, people are speculating that the logo on the hats is the alternate logo. That is what will be used on draft hats this year, and that is where the logo was found. I'm with you in hoping that is the primary.

Also, this site below is where people have found hints to the change. The new logo is at top and the new woodmark is found below:

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/promotions/summersweeps.html

I'm actually starting to doubt that the primary will look anything like that.

I'm thinking they're probably just sticking that logo out there because 95% of people would notice a difference and think anything of it (I'm guessing it'll be a tertiary/secondary logo).

I think they'll prolly go with something that keeps the general look of the current T-Wolves, with a twist.

Not to mention the Draft cap logo is an entirely different take on a wolf, compared to it.

One is entirely realistic, the other is cartoony.

And the font used in that wordmark just looks like a hybrid of this and this.

Anyone agree with any of this?

I'm actually starting to doubt that the primary will look anything like that.

I'm thinking they're probably just sticking that logo out there because 95% of people would notice a difference and think anything of it (I'm guessing it'll be a tertiary/secondary logo).

I think they'll prolly go with something that keeps the general look of the current T-Wolves, with a twist.

Not to mention the Draft cap logo is an entirely different take on a wolf, compared to it.

One is entirely realistic, the other is cartoony.

And the font used in that wordmark just looks like a hybrid of this and this.

Anyone agree with any of this?

I don't know what the expect. At the end of the season they said a minor change to the primary logo. I think we'll find out everything on Thursday.

Here's a quick mock-up I did in paint of the new wolf head, the new font (well, similar), and the current trees, etc.

(Not trying to threadjack, but this is quickly turning into a thread for discussing the new T-Wolves logo)

TWOLVESREDESIGN-1.gif

Also, Conr4d did a much better mock-up here.

Archived