Toronto Raptors Logo Concepts

Starchild

Yeah, it's me again.

I've completed my 76ers concept, as well as my Magic blue alternate (for all you ppl who wanted a blue uniform rather than the black one)... and now, I'm working on my Toronto Raptors set... once this is complete, I'll be posting all 3 (I'd rather get rid of a bunch of stuff at once rather than constantly post one at a time).

Anyway, once again, like my 76ers one, I can't decide which version of my logo to go with... so, help me out again... also, any suggestions to fix certain versions or all of them, of course are welcomed.

Toronto Raptors Logo Concepts

Thanx a lot.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Not a bad suggestion... I'd be open to giving it a simplistic twist... any suggestions on how I could make it less realistic? (I've always just kinda gone right for realism as making things more iconic has always given me problems)

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Nice job, but I've always wondered why someone doesn't do a different twist on the Raptors' name. As we all know, a "raptor" is a bird of prey - why does it HAVE to be a velociraptor?

A bird with talons exposed could work (as long as it doesn't look too much like the Hawks)...

a little bit too realistic for my taste. I prefer more iconic renderings

Me too.

Regardless of what a raptor looks like in real life, this looks like an 88-year old arthritic, osteoporosis-ridden raptor, with the cane edited out.

I was at a Raptors' game recently (the Spurs' game where they were thrashing the defending champs, until Chris Bosh went down... then they were basically two even teams, with the Raptors' maintaining the lead, until Vince Carter went down and Tim Duncan started hitting his FTs... then the Spurs won by 4), and was struck by how little they use their primary logo. The ball-clawprint logo and TR-maple leaf logo are everywhere.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

My schools team name is the raptors and the big debate was whether we wanted it to be the dinosaur or the bird of prey. They took a vote... and everyone I know voted for the dinosaur and i'm absolutely positive the dinosaur one. But they said the bird one. More votes were taken as people complained and eventually we just decided to go with the USC interlocking 'SC' logo in our school colors with a claw ripping through it (to the untrained eye, it could be either, but I'm sure there's a difference between the claws of each animal.) -- however, our school crest contains the Rice (I think) Owls logo and our girls basketball team uses the Temple Owls head logo for their logo.

IUe6Hvh.png

Very nice work but like everybody else has said. It's too realistic for a NBA logo.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived