NBA Draft

DarkJourney

Draft Rumors:

Miami not sold on taking Michael Beasley at #2 if Chicago takes Rose

Non-Draft Rumors:

Baron Davis will likely remain under contract with the Warriors for 2008-2009 but also there is a trade rumor of the Pistons sending Chauncey Billups & Rasheed Wallace to Golden State for Davis & Al Harrington

Remember these are just rumors but juicy ones :D

Draft Rumors:

Miami not sold on taking Michael Beasley at #2 if Chicago takes Rose

Non-Draft Rumors:

Baron Davis will likely remain under contract with the Warriors for 2008-2009 but also there is a trade rumor of the Pistons sending Chauncey Billups & Rasheed Wallace to Golden State for Davis & Al Harrington

Remember these are just rumors but juicy ones :D

Word on the street is Paxson hasn't decided, but is leaning heavily one way. I'd buy it if he said it was a toss-up, but I don't think there's anyway he'd be "leaning heavily" towards Beasley. So, I'd be shocked if the pick wasn't Rose.

From what I've heard on the radio amd I think in the paper as well was that the Bulls were heavily favoring Rose over Beasley. They were also saying that the Heat were not sold on Beasley which surprised me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here's a shocker: Denver trades their only draft pick. Do you realize that the last two players to be drafted by the Nuggets and play their rookie season out in Denver are Julius Hodge and Carmelo Anthony? The Nuggets have had as many picks in the last five years as Indiana will have in the first 20 this year.

Thats what sunk the Timberwolves

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Nuggets front office is absolutely clueless. Why do they hate the draft so much?

It'll be interesting to see where they'll eventually deal this newly acquired future draft pick off to.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Nuggets front office is absolutely clueless. Why do they hate the draft so much?

It'll be interesting to see where they'll eventually deal this newly acquired future draft pick off to.

They don't want to pay any more in Luxury Tax penalties than they absolutely have to. It's similar to the Phoenix Suns situation the last couple of years. It's dumb, but it's their money.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here's a shocker: Denver trades their only draft pick. Do you realize that the last two players to be drafted by the Nuggets and play their rookie season out in Denver are Julius Hodge and Carmelo Anthony? The Nuggets have had as many picks in the last five years as Indiana will have in the first 20 this year.

Thats what sunk the Timberwolves

It still feels weird to have a draft to look forward to. 1st AND 2nd round. I keep thinkin there has gotten to be something where they gave up a pick, but no, back to normal!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Yi to Nets for Richard Jefferson

Guess Scott Skiles had no use for him.

The chairman!

In all seriousness, this saves $10 M in the future, so theres a 100% chance this was done to make a potential run at LeBron when the time comes.

Of course, he'll end up with the Knicks, but whatever...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

This surprised me, and so the suspicious person in me had to look for a source to see if this was more than a rumor:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/ne...tory?id=3462210

The good news, Richard Jefferson is a solid SF, a position that Yi essentially played despite being listed as a PF.

The better news, Bobby Simmons and his contract are gone.

Good play for GM John Hammond's first major move (besides firing the coach and 13 other front office people). I also look forward to seeing Richard Jefferson pick a new number since Desmond Mason has 24.

From ESPN's draft blog:

"The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems Lopez will be the guy."

Are they really trying to destroy any remaining goodwill in Seattle for the team with this shoddy drafting? Sure, they did well with Durant, but he fell in their lap. They HAD to take him, no choice. Now they're reverting back to the days when Saer Sene and Johan Petro and Robert Swift were their first round picks. And those were with a different GM! The more things change the more they stay the same.

I'd laugh if Beasley fell out of the top five. But I can't see him slipping past 3.

Sleeper top 15 pick, Mario Chalmers. NBA Scouts say he's one of the more "NBA-Ready" players in the draft.

We all know he can hit the shot with everything on the line.

How close is Beasley to Marcus Fizer? I think that's what's scaring people off. His size doesn't necessarily translate well to the NBA and the intended position. All depends on the team and personnel around him, and the style they employ. Who knows what style the Bulls will have with Vinny Del Negro.

I think it was Bill Simmons who said Beasley could be Derrick Coleman/Glenn Robinson.

Scary.

With Coleman and the Big Dog, they just didn't have the heart to make them great. They put up very good numbers regardless, all for some pretty bad teams, but they were never considered all-NBA caliber players.

I don't know about Beasley's heart. I know he's getting knocked for some high school pranks and immaturity, but they all mostly have that.

The chairman!

In all seriousness, this saves $10 M in the future, so theres a 100% chance this was done to make a potential run at LeBron when the time comes.

Of course, he'll end up with the Knicks, but whatever...

That exactly why this deal was done, to get under the cap for 2010

They don't want to pay any more in Luxury Tax penalties than they absolutely have to. It's similar to the Phoenix Suns situation the last couple of years. It's dumb, but it's their money.

True.

For what it's worth the last half of my post was right... my buddy tells me the Nuggets GM or someone like that was on Denver Sports Radio this morning saying they intend to get a stockpile of draft picks, and eventually ship 'em off with K-Mart's expiring contract to bring in another big name player.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived