NBA Draft

DarkJourney

From ESPN's draft blog:

"The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems Lopez will be the guy."

Are they really trying to destroy any remaining goodwill in Seattle for the team with this shoddy drafting? Sure, they did well with Durant, but he fell in their lap. They HAD to take him, no choice. Now they're reverting back to the days when Saer Sene and Johan Petro and Robert Swift were their first round picks. And those were with a different GM! The more things change the more they stay the same.

First off, the Sonics have the 4th pick in the draft. Get it right.

Secondly, getting Brook Lopez is not a bad idea. In case you haven't realized it yet, but the Sonics need a big man to help compete in the uber-hard Western Conference. Plus, they have six picks out of the 60 picks in the draft. They will get the help that Durant probably needs. If the pieces falls correctly, then Seattle has a nice comeback and falls short of the playoffs.

Wow. Nice job picks 4-9, great job passing up Brook Lopez.

Big steal by the Nets, good job using their medulla oblongatas (controls involuntary actions.)

^_^

And what's the deal, Cavaliers, they should've taken Darrell Arthur IMO.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I just caught the list of picks and it had some stuff about pending trades to POR, DET, DET, IND, and a couple others, yet I somehow missed most of the trade talk. (IND refers to the #17 pick with the Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto trade, but there were a bevy of teams with "pending trade" talk next to their picks, and I haven't heard anything from them.)

Also, did anyone notice the graphics behind the podium? Every team had its own graphic in the team colors saying the first and last name of every team that was making its selection (location name and team nickname)... that is, except for one that I noticed. For whatever reason, the Seattle SuperSonics just has "Sonics." I guess Stern is still pulling for that relocation as soon as next year.

I'd laugh if Beasley fell out of the top five. But I can't see him slipping past 3.

Sleeper top 15 pick, Mario Chalmers. NBA Scouts say he's one of the more "NBA-Ready" players in the draft.

We all know he can hit the shot with everything on the line.

YAAAY! The Timberwolves drafted Chalmers!! Ohhh, they traded him to the Heat for 2 2nd round picks. God I hate this team.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

HAHA, Knicks choose Danilo and the place erupts in boo's.

Does anyone even know or remember the last time Knick fans cheered a pick? Patrick Ewing??

Twelve months from now, New York will probably regret taking "The Rooster" over Lopez ...and Gordon ...and Augustin ...and Bayless ...the list goes on.

6uXNWAo.png

From ESPN's draft blog:

"The Sonics will take Brook Lopez or Jerryd Bayless at No. 7. However it seems Lopez will be the guy."

Are they really trying to destroy any remaining goodwill in Seattle for the team with this shoddy drafting? Sure, they did well with Durant, but he fell in their lap. They HAD to take him, no choice. Now they're reverting back to the days when Saer Sene and Johan Petro and Robert Swift were their first round picks. And those were with a different GM! The more things change the more they stay the same.

First off, the Sonics have the 4th pick in the draft. Get it right.

Secondly, getting Brook Lopez is not a bad idea. In case you haven't realized it yet, but the Sonics need a big man to help compete in the uber-hard Western Conference. Plus, they have six picks out of the 60 picks in the draft. They will get the help that Durant probably needs. If the pieces falls correctly, then Seattle has a nice comeback and falls short of the playoffs.

Get what right? Proposed trade was all set, just contingent on the Wolves not taking OJ Mayo. They did, and the Sonics-Clips trade was off. You're welcome for the information.

And if you're counting on Brook Lopez to counter the skilled big men that populate the Western, you haven't seen the kid play. The Sonics will be celebrating their 5 year anniversary in Oklahoma before he starts to show dividends (if ever).

god I hate the Lopez twins.

and Kevin Pritchard is the smartest man in the NBA. the Trail Blazers got exactly what they needed: a talented point guard who is another scoring option and quick enough to guard point guards on the defensive end. Bayless won't be relied on to bring the ball up a ton because that'll be Brandon Roy's job more and more often; he might play the 2 and dial his own number a lot, but Roy will also be handling more than last year.

man, we're getting Bayless, Oden, and Fernandez as rookies next year...life is good. The Blazers are going to start owning stuff in two years. Life is good.

harperdc.gif

I was hoping other one slipped to 21 so the Nets could have drafted them both, that could have been interesting like the Sedins.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I was hoping other one slipped to 21 so the Nets could have drafted them both, that could have been interesting like the Sedins.

I just hope they play as well as they dress.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

*EDIT* nevermind

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On a more uni related note...

anyone else notice that Robin Lopez is holding a weird nets ball. That's supposed to be a Nets road jersey, which should say NEW JERSEY. The font style is the same but it says NETS, anyway just thought that was weird.

Back to the draft talk :D Solid picks all around, I can't wait to see how the Kings improve with their pick.

anyone else notice that Robin Lopez is holding a weird nets ball. That's supposed to be a Nets road jersey, which should say NEW JERSEY. The font style is the same but it says NETS, anyway just thought that was weird.

Back to the draft talk :D Solid picks all around, I can't wait to see how the Kings improve with their pick.

Good find. I was noticing their presumably undersized hats.

I noticed that with Beasely. He had a Ball with a very generic "HEAT" on it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived