Mets Wearing Blue On The Road - 1st Time Since 1997

njmeadowlanders

In the afternoon game of a split doubleheader b/w Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium, the Mets are wearing their all-blue hats with blue socks and undershirts instead of black undershirts/socks and the black hat with the blue hat for the first time in years.

Pictures to follow....but I LOVE the look....so excited now...

On edit: It's in honor of the Mets last game at Yankee Stadium--they wore these last in the 1997 season. Dave Mlicki threw a CG Sho in the first ever game between the 2 teams @ Yankee Stadium.

I personally LOVE them, and they should be wearing these all the time....screw the black...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am speechless... the "blets" actually wearing blue on the road!! just saw it myself on the pregame.. and it looks like david wright is cuffing them high.. showing plenty of blue!

this rarity was just mentioned by gary cohen in his intro as well!!

hopefully they don't spoil the day with their black alts. tonight!

...what I've heard from the booth on SNY has been that they all love it. Hopefully the reaction is so positive they keep doing it.

I've been hoping for a long time that the move to Citifield would coincide with losing the black--hats, unis, and dropshadowing (OK, even if they insisted on say, the black road alternate once in a while, I could grant that IF it meant losing all other black--and why they don't have a blue uni instead of black still boggles my mind). If this gets the ball rolling, so be it.

I'm just giddy right now. And if they win (1-0 mid 1 :)), that much sweeter (of course).

Wow.

Can't wait to see pictures. I've missed the blue caps with the road grays.

ON EDIT: I've replaced iPhone pictures with better ones I captured off my Slingbox:

MetsBlue1.jpg

MetsBlue2.jpg

MetsBlue3.jpg

MetsBlue4.jpg

...obviously better pictures will come across the wire shortly...

That looks like the Mets.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Here's the 2nd one I see off the wire:

capt.8e21630bc8934c439c3bd9a2c7217c60.mets_yankees_baseball_nyff103.jpg

...they got that going for 'em, now only if they can get a rally going here in the 5th...

Your wish has been granted.

EDIT: Add a GRAND SLAM to that!

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I can recall the Mets wearing blue caps on the road in a series against St. Louis probably in 1998 or 1999. So the radio maybe wrong about first time since 1997 - they could be just speculating since '97 was the last year before black was introduced into the scheme. I don't have any photos but I can recall a highlight of Piazza hitting a homer against the Cards on the road with the blue helmet. Piazza's first year with the Mets was '98.

Anyway, it looks great. Wished they would do it more often. It enhances the uniform dramatically.

Archived